Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

We love this experience did it 2x... We looove the food,but we are from overseas so even bad fried chicken, ribs, corn bread is heaven to us.. though we thought the food was really good AND AND alcohol is included!!!!!! or at least it was last year.... but this alone is worth the price when you see how much drinks cost at Disney.

My only tip is keep an eye on the weather.. We usually planned the show after MK,,, so the best way to get there is I believe the green flag boat.. 2 times we always got stuck in bad weather coming or going... I think that boat might still operate during a storm, but figure in extra time or a plan B.

Also the waiting area is pretty much outside with just the porch from Trails End and the awnings..so we were drenched. Its a great experience with the boat and also the wilderness area is nice to check out.. We always got unlucky with the weather heading out that way.. Same thing too when we only did Trails End... which also is a great buffet.. same food as the show plus more others options.. and yes its all you can eat and not really any intermission.. you eat while they perform.. at some ooint the servers also get involved.

The first one is: How long is the intermission (aka: time to eat)? Second question is: Is it "all-you-care-to-enjoy" (Ohana style) or are you only served a specific portion?

1) As others mentioned, there is no intermission.
2) When all are seated, the entertainment starts as an intro for the food, and the meals are served immediately.
3) The entertainment continues throughout your meal.
4) The only "pause" is during the time they serve the strawberry shortcake.
5) As for All-You-Can-Eat,
. . . the meal is served, "family style" and each item is brought to your table individually
. . . there is no buffet line or serving area
. . . if your want more food, they will get it for you
. . . plus, the soft drinks, selected wines and sangria, and selected beers are also all-you-care-to-drink
. . . so, yes, you can eat-and-eat-and-eat

This thread has allowed me to re-think a date when there will be 7-9 of us @ DW.
Thanks!:smooth:

This thread has allowed me to re-think a date when there will be 7-9 of us @ DW.
Thanks!:smooth:

1) The evening can be PERFECTLY PERFECT, in every way.
. . . early Hoop-Dee-Do show (aka: "HDDR")
. . . Fort Wilderness Campfire after HDDR (open to everyone, whether staying on-site or not)
2) A nice way to spend your first night or your last night at WDW.

Last edited:

We have every option for the 4pm show available and only category three for the 615. I think I'm going to go with the 4pm show. That is our arrival day and I need to drive to the airport around 300am. We do the HDDR almost every year. Love it and the food.

I think I'm going to go with the 4pm show. That is our arrival day and I need to drive to the airport around 300am. We do the HDDR almost every year. Love it and the food.

1) The Man (or woman) with A PLAN.
2) And, a very good plan !!!

Great thread.........my wife and I are doing our first ever HDDR this November. We've booked the 3rd show as it was the show that offered the AP Discount. We're planning on doing AK that day but since we're staying at the Ft Wilderness Cabins and show time is 8:30pm..........we should be fine. We'll probably do a late lunch at AK.

Thanks again to the OP for asking the question!!

Doug :goofy:

I am super excited to be going to HDDR - thanks for the great thread and information! If I may, quick question about participation. Is this reserved for adults or are younger kids engaged also? My little guy (7) loves being picked at magic shows and other things. He is a real little ham and would just love it. We are in the priority one seats if that makes a difference.

Is this reserved for adults or are younger kids engaged also?

1) Adults are usually picked.
2) It's tough to get the audience excited when a Dance Hall Girl sits on a kid's lap and runs her fingers through the hair, versus picking on a bald ADULT guy.
3) But, they do randomly pick one kid, or so, during the show for embarrassment.
4) whether kid or adult, yoU cannot ask to be picked.
5) Where you sit has NOTHING to do with participation, as the actors move around the floor and balcony levels.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter