Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

jriveiro724

WDW AP & DVC
Hi, Disney Friends,

We have been to Disney over 30 times, but for the first time in our upcoming trip, we will be trying the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness! I have a few questions for those who have tried this experience. The first one is: How long is the intermission (aka: time to eat)? Second question is: Is it "all-you-care-to-enjoy" (Ohana style) or are you only served a specific portion? Thanks in advance and we are looking forward to sharing our review of this very soon!

Hi, Disney Friends,

We have been to Disney over 30 times, but for the first time in our upcoming trip, we will be trying the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness! I have a few questions for those who have tried this experience. The first one is: How long is the intermission (aka: time to eat)? Second question is: Is it "all-you-care-to-enjoy" (Ohana style) or are you only served a specific portion? Thanks in advance and we are looking forward to sharing our review of this very soon!

We love HDDR and have been several times
I don't think of a true "intermission". There is still music playing etc. I really can't say how long Sorry.
Yes it is "all you care to enjoy". You will be served the first serving Family Style for the table. Just ask your server for what more you would like. One trip we asked for a bucket of fried chicken breasts and it was served quickly
I hope you have a blast!!!

HDDR was a lot of fun and the fried chicken is so good. We've only been once even though DD7 begs to go back - unfortunately I got chosen to participate in the show which was humiliating to me, I do not want to be the center of attention! Due to the fear of being chosen again I've avoided going back! I'm sure we'll go back one day, but I'll want to sit upstairs.

most of meal time is before show starts if I remember correctly. we have always had plenty of time to eat including seconds when wanted. is all you can eat. one year they set a bucket of chicken in front of young grandson and he refused to share as it was on his plate. they just brought out another bucket to our table and let him have what he wanted. would be hard for waiters to get to tables with just an intermission to serve and eat. have a great time and you will have time to enjoy your meal

Hi, Disney Friends,

There's no real intermission. Food is served throughout the show - with the main course bring served during a downtime where entertainment is still going on but not necessarily focused on the main stage. Even during this time, many of the players are standing off to the side still in character. We had a great experience with this at one of our meals with a few of them photobombing our family photos. The food is delicious and plentiful and your server will bring you more of anything you like. Enjoy!

Lots of fun! you get to eat before everything starts and you just stop eating when you are full! lol I LOVE the chicken and Strawberry Short cake! My daughter got picked for the stage one year and she started to get really upset...some times they don't know when to take no for an answer...but then again, they tell you ahead of time you could possibly get picked.

It's a great time! Also, while it's not on the menu, be sure to ask for some mac n cheese... they are happy to bring it to you!

Everyone has answered your questions but just wanted to say Yeeeee-Haaaaa it's a great time at this show. We love it and do it every year! It's all you can eat and drink and we have never felt rushed. You will all have a great time!

I'm trying to pick a show time. We plan to do Epcot at 8am the next day and I have a DS 6 DD4. What time could I anticipate returning to CBR after 6pm show? I don't want us to miss 8am rope drop due to being too tired but I also don't want a 4pm show to cut too much into my day.

I'm trying to pick a show time. We plan to do Epcot at 8am the next day and I have a DS 6 DD4. What time could I anticipate returning to CBR after 6pm show? I don't want us to miss 8am rope drop due to being too tired but I also don't want a 4pm show to cut too much into my day.

Expect to get back around 9 pm.

I waffled on a 4 pm show, but picked it last time. I'm happy that I did! We were there in December, so it wasn't too hot for the wait outside. It also allowed for a leisurely trip back to the resort and a couple of us went back to MK, but the rest hung out at the pool letting all that food digest!

Next year, we are planning HDDR at four again. I'm planning on floating in the pool afterwards. :fish:

**edit** I think a lot of the time slot pick will be specific to your party members. Last time, my kids were younger. This time, we have some old, some young. So, the ones who want to go to bed early can do that with a 4 pm slot.

I waffled on a 4 pm show, but picked it last time. I'm happy that I did! We were there in December, so it wasn't too hot for the wait outside. It also allowed for a leisurely trip back to the resort and a couple of us went back to MK, but the rest hung out at the pool letting all that food digest!

Next year, we are planning HDDR at four again. I'm planning on floating in the pool afterwards. :fish:

**edit** I think a lot of the time slot pick will be specific to your party members. Last time, my kids were younger. This time, we have some old, some young. So, the ones who want to go to bed early can do that with a 4 pm slot.

What time did those of you get to MK that went? Just curious as I'm thinking of HDDR next time and curious when we could expect to be back in MK.

Those of us who went back hopped the ferry and headed over straight after dinner. 6:30ish? Maybe 6:45. It wasn't late at all.

Another vote for the early show. Gives the kiddies lots of time to rest, you can still see your surroundings when you enter the boat (assuming that's the way you are returning) and don't be surprised if they eat lighter than normal the next morning, LOL.

Oh and save room for the dessert. I'm not a big dessert eater but I defied anyone to dip into my plate. True shortcake baked in a cast iron with lots of yummy crispy bits.

We went at 4 last summer and will be going again at 4 in December. I am planning a sleigh ride after at 6:30 to see the camper lights. We did the 6:30 the first time we went and it was just too late. We like to get back to the park for a bit after the show.

I think 4 is the way to go also. I just read on another thread that we could do the campfire with Chip and Dale after and that sounds fun. I think I will schedule this for our Off day and maybe check out stables before hand.

Those of us who went back hopped the ferry and headed over straight after dinner. 6:30ish? Maybe 6:45. It wasn't late at all.

Thanks!! We are in the very early stages of planning a trip last week of august next year. Thinking of taking a relax morning, going to hdd, then doing our 3 FP after. Hoping that if we plan 6,7,8 FP then do the night that has pm Emh we can have a relax day, still utilize our FP, and get some rides done after.

Thanks!! We are in the very early stages of planning a trip last week of august next year. Thinking of taking a relax morning, going to hdd, then doing our 3 FP after. Hoping that if we plan 6,7,8 FP then do the night that has pm Emh we can have a relax day, still utilize our FP, and get some rides done after.
Should be doable! I'm looking forward to relaxing after the HDD--maybe hoping the monorail and visiting the lobbies of the hotels on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter