Holy Smoke! Have you guys seen this?

Are we looking at the same pic?

The front in post 1 looks like a plain ole condo complex or office building that you could see in, oh I dont know, about 1000 cities.

Theres nothing unique about it

I think we are looking at the same pic. :)

Don't you remember the opening sequence to the Jetsons when George's transport come flying into and parking in a building that looks a lot like this rendering for CRV??

C'mon, use that imagination! You can see mice in about 1,000 cities too but don't you think Mickey's a little something special? ::MickeyMo

I think we are looking at the same pic. :)

Don't you remember the opening sequence to the Jetsons when George's transport come flying into and parking in a building that looks a lot like this rendering for CRV??

C'mon, use that imagination! You can see mice in about 1,000 cities too but don't you think Mickey's a little something special? ::MickeyMo

lol, fair enough

I am very excited about the idea of CRV. Just hope if it happens, they go all out and push the envelope a bit with the design.

The location will be outstanding. It looks awfully big and institutional though. We do love the CR, so if this becomes a reality, I think that we would stay there. I don't think that we would buy there, though. We know we are going to love AKV and would probably add on at BCV or BWV before CRV, since we are big Epcot fans.

Some of you creative photoshop types need to put this is a wishing-for DVC banner. Please?

stdHome.GIF

Maybe I'm behind the times here...but look at this picture I just found of the DVC at Contemp. The thing is massive!

db_Contemp_DVC_Wing_art11.jpg

I think it looks like a 70's airport hotel. sorry but I do.
:scared:

Its gigantic too...would be very crowded and the picture only shows 1 pool.

I have no interest in CRV....but then I don't care for the Contemporary either. I can see the draw of being on the monorail though

I Agree
:teleport: :teleport: me over to the new CRV

I love the location -location- location

Monorail to Magic Kingdom ----Monorail-to Poly-----Chef Mickey ---all new villas ---shopping concourse----monorail to Epcot,,,Absolutely gorgeous views
Did I mention Location .:love: :love:
George Jetson come on Down !!!
It's just a matter of :hourglass but I believe it will happen !!:yay:

I agree.
When DVC was first offered at OKW DH and I looked into it.
I told him if they ever offer a DVC with monorail access I would want to buy in.
We have been waiting 15 years and I would love it if the CRV rumors are true.
I would love to call CRV my "home".

I think it looks like a 70's airport hotel. sorry but I do.
:scared:

Its gigantic too...would be very crowded and the picture only shows 1 pool.

I have no interest in CRV....but then I don't care for the Contemporary either. I can see the draw of being on the monorail though

It is the perspective of the artist's rendering that makes it appear so large.

If you were to view it from another direction I am sure it would not appear so large.

I Agree
:teleport: :teleport: me over to the new CRV

I love the location -location- location

Monorail to Magic Kingdom ----Monorail-to Poly-----Chef Mickey ---all new villas ---shopping concourse----monorail to Epcot,,,Absolutely gorgeous views
Did I mention Location .:love: :love:
George Jetson come on Down !!!
It's just a matter of :hourglass but I believe it will happen !!:yay:

:thumbsup2 My sentiments exactly! Bring on CRV!

I've already told my guide to call me as soon as CRV is announced. I am definitely going to add on there. The main reasons are the location and the view.

No offence to you but...

Can you imagine the complaints from the people who book CRV simply for the view, and then get the dreaded dumpster or gutter views? :scared1:
(Cause you know the resort will have them... and someone has to get stuck with them.)

No offence to you but...

Can you imagine the complaints from the people who book CRV simply for the view, and then get the dreaded dumpster or gutter views? :scared1:
(Cause you know the resort will have them... and someone has to get stuck with them.)

I have it on good authority that there will be Concierge, Bay View, Standard View, and Dumpster view rooms available at CRV.

:rolleyes1

I don't understand some of the posts. The artist's rendering is EXACTLY what I would have expected based on the simpler aerial view drawings that have been available for months.

The artist took a close-up, ground-up viewpoint with the existing tower in the background which greatly exaggerates the size of the new tower. Once you take that perspective into account the new tower is the same height as the old and smaller overall, I'm not saying that I like or dislike it, just that it should be no surprise to those who have been following this story.

No "supposedly" about it. As a bit of background, the person who discovered them on the architect's site was a DIS member (Tink71 IIRC) and the information was first published here. A couple days later, you started to see other Disney sites put up these images that "they" had found...

I thought it was Tink10 ? :confused3

I think the architect lives at the Watergate, and really wanted a "Welcome Home"...................:rolleyes1

I have to say I was extremely excited at the thought of DVC at the Contemp.

I thought those first model c shaped pics were ok too

BUT the front of that building in post #1 is AWEFUL!!!!!!!!

I dont think I would ever want to stay in that garbage. Its looks more like a medical building or an office complex or some new condo in Brooklyn.

I hear ya....
But they had to make it match.....The original concrete slab:confused3
That pool looks real cool though.
Kerri

If this is the final design, then I think it's terrible. They've taken the Contemporary, buildings with sharp angles and straight lines and have interjected a round building. It looks out of place to me. I think it's a bad fit and I hope that I will not be able to see it from WL. I don't THINK that I will be able to with the trees, but we'll see, I guess.

you might - it is placed closer to the water than the north wing was located.

gutter views will only be in the GV.:rotfl2:

dumpster views - well I don't think the bcv has them - or they do and I have been lucky.

so they should be in the design (I hope).

now bay lake views might cause some problems. also views of the CR itself.

that say I can see different views being requested by members - like AKV and BWV. think that the MK view should and will cost more points than a view of CR.

you know I think if DVC would agreed to place the bad views at VWL on less points - the complaints would stop there too.

it doesn't matter to me. going to love the FIRST DVC resort on the monrail that does stop at the resort.

walking to the MK!!! oh yea love that too! views well I don't get the bw view at BWV. So I can definitely see living without the MK view if the points are too much for it.

but being able to walk back to my resort after the MK closes - when you people are either waiting for your buses or trying to get on the monrail to your cars.:woohoo:

oh yes, please hate it!!!!

here is the website that I mentioned
http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=34&Itemid=65

So are the views of the A frame tower going to be the discounted views? Also, I have to believe it will be visible from WL.

Pat, as for some of us "non-CRV supporters" opening this thread.... There is NOTHING in the title of this thread that said anything about CRV. Besides, opinion and comment should be expected when any thread is posted on any board. If not...don't post it.

Diane if they put where the originally plans had it.

it is not in the way of the tower at all.

you would have to look to that side to see it.

the bay lake views are already discounted from the mk views.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter