Holy Smoke! Have you guys seen this?

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
Maybe I'm behind the times here...but look at this picture I just found of the DVC at Contemp. The thing is massive!

db_Contemp_DVC_Wing_art11.jpg

uh-oh.. I can see the trouble stiring soon if it really would be that big. Wonder who's rendering this is?

Here are the other two I found with it. I followed my nose to them after doing a google search. Supposedly an architechure firm had posted them and then had to remove them but not before they were posted on other sites.

db_2008_DVC_Wing_art115.jpg

db_2008_DVC_Wing_art215.jpg

Gee I hope Disney doesn't black list me now. You guys will sneak me in right?

We all better prepare for severe cases of addonitis!!
:thumbsup2

Supposedly an architechure firm had posted them and then had to remove them but not before they were posted on other sites.
No "supposedly" about it. As a bit of background, the person who discovered them on the architect's site was a DIS member (Tink71 IIRC) and the information was first published here. A couple days later, you started to see other Disney sites put up these images that "they" had found...

I have to say I was extremely excited at the thought of DVC at the Contemp.

I thought those first model c shaped pics were ok too

BUT the front of that building in post #1 is AWEFUL!!!!!!!!

I dont think I would ever want to stay in that garbage. Its looks more like a medical building or an office complex or some new condo in Brooklyn.

I have to say I was extremely excited at the thought of DVC at the Contemp.

I thought those first model c shaped pics were ok too

I dont think I would ever want to stay in that garbage. Its looks more like a medical building or an office complex or some new condo in Brooklyn.

Your observation is exactly what my thoughts were way back with the first renderings and reports here a couple years ago. I have absolutely ZERO interest in a DVC like that. What a severe difference from AKV or VWL, not to mention OKW. Even SSR which is like a series of large apartment complexes, has more appeal than that big "office building" type structure. That is why I still think it is going to be Contemporary suites rather than DVC. It just doesn't have enough real theme or appeal for DVC. As far as I can see, the only appeal would be location for those who prefer the MK over all other parks. Even THAT isn't a draw for me.

If you look at it from the inside out, instead of outside in, it improves. :thumbsup2

3320733207CRVPOOL.jpg

As far as I can see, the only appeal would be location for those who prefer the MK over all other parks. Even THAT isn't a draw for me.

I'd have to broaden that to say that it would appeal to many who like the same key feature at BWV & BCV.....location! Not only walking distance to MK, but on the monorail with easy access to EPCOT, GF and the Polynesian. That is a pretty strong attraction by itself.

The other thing is what Jade1 kind of alluded to in a very creative way...the views from CRV will be mostly very stunning. Either MK, Seven Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake for the most part. Any of those views at any other DVC resort would be very appealing to many people.

My DW wants to add on if CRV comes out. I'd prefer AKV but even though CRV doesn't appeal to me that much, I can definitely see those who would welcome it with open arms.

Besides, I think it has great theming. It is the Contemporary after all, and right next to Tomorrowland at MK. Doesn't it look like something out of the Jetsons? :woohoo:

The thing that bugs me about it, is that the position of it, and the size...well, the contemp is purposely the correct height so that you can see it from Tomorrowland, but nowhere else in the park. The building that Tony's is on mainstreet is purposely not in forced perspective to hide the contemporary from view on that area of mainstreet.

This building looks HUGE, and since it wasn't originally in the plans, I feel as though you'd be able to see it from areas of the park where it doesn't fit in with the theme which annoys me to no end.

Doesn't it look like something out of the Jetsons? :woohoo:

Are we looking at the same pic?

The front in post 1 looks like a plain ole condo complex or office building that you could see in, oh I dont know, about 1000 cities.

Theres nothing unique about it

I've already told my guide to call me as soon as CRV is announced. I am definitely going to add on there. The main reasons are the location and the view.

saw it a week or so ago:thumbsup2 whether "authentic" or not, save me a place in line.:banana:

imo it fits in well with the existing building CRV but; you never know, perhaps it will be round & revolve;) slowly

some of us will love the DVC CR.

It won't be that big. go find 'nobody' link to see the real size of it. She has taken pictures pretty often.

It will only have 300 to 400 villa. the number I have seem is 350 villa. so much smaller than OKW, SSR, AKV, BWV - I think the same side as BCV?

that say so far no word on what it will be. It could also be what the plans for the building say - (current plans not what is on the internet) - Contemporary Suites.

Now I hope not - I want a DVC CR really bad. but if Disney decided to go with suites - will still go to Disney.

Or it could be a combination - both suites and DVC villa.

okay please no more I hate CR - if you really hate it why do you read posts about it?

I don't read posts about things, villa or tropics that I don't like. So finding it hard why so many people here feel the need to slam the CR.

Would feel reading something that I didn't like a waste of my time.

some of us will love the DVC CR.

okay please no more I hate CR - if you really hate it why do you read posts about it?

I don't read posts about things, villa or tropics that I don't like. So finding it hard why so many people here feel the need to slam the CR.

Would feel reading something that I didn't like a waste of my time.

keep on thinking those sweet CRV dreams :thumbsup2

imo, the naysayers "doth protest too much, me thinks";) :goodvibes

keep on thinking those sweet CRV dreams :thumbsup2

imo, the naysayers "doth protest too much, me thinks";) :goodvibes

I Agree
:teleport: :teleport: me over to the new CRV

I love the location -location- location

Monorail to Magic Kingdom ----Monorail-to Poly-----Chef Mickey ---all new villas ---shopping concourse----monorail to Epcot,,,Absolutely gorgeous views
Did I mention Location .:love: :love:
George Jetson come on Down !!!
It's just a matter of :hourglass but I believe it will happen !!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter