Hollywood Studios

disneycountrygirl

Mouseketeer
So we just wrapped up our trip, and I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how much fun we actually had at Hollywood Studios compared to the things I had read here about it being a half-day park at the most. We almost skipped it based on the feedback here, and I am so glad we did not! It was only the showing of the Galactic Spectacular that made us visit at all. Hubby didn't want to skip that.

We spent about 3 hours one evening and then 9am to 9pm yesterday. This was our fourth trip to Walt Disney World so little of HS was new to us, but yet all 7 in our party thoroughly enjoyed the day, and both my sons even said that it was their favorite park this trip.

We met a bunch of the Star Wars characters, saw the Frozen sing-along, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Movie Magic, March of the First Order, The Galactic Spectacular, Jingle Bell Jingle Bam, rode Star Tours three times, Toy Story twice, R&R Coaster, and ToT.

It was definitely enough to fill a whole day, and it was great!!

We had a blast there yesterday. We did the JingleBell Jingle Bam dessert party and it was awesome! We didn't even do a ton of rides but it was so much fun at Christmas!!!

I think too much is made of the closures and construction at DHS. TOT is a candidate for best ride on property and I think many feel the same way about RnRC and Star Tours. The Frozen Singalong may be the best live performance on property, and of course many people love F!
The food sitch is pretty dire however. The only TS we really like is HBD but even that has gone downhill. The most recent lunch I had there was Sci-Fi and the burger was probably the best I've ever had a WDW.
DHS probably is a half-day park for us, but it's an excellent half-day and we go to another park or do something else the rest of the day. :earsboy:

HS is more about the shows than about the rides. It always has been, although the rides that are there are among the best at Disney. It's a great place to spend a day if you are interested in some of the incredible shows. Of course if I lived in Florida, the way I'm feeling right now and having an AP, I would be looking for a same-day ADR for Prime Time. Meat loaf, fried chicken, AND roast beef. Yum.

We missed our FP for the Frozen sing-along. Darn! I had no idea what it was about and only chose it as we don’t do ToT or RnR. Of course, now I hear it’s really good! :sad2:

It's really what you make it. My last trip I spent a lot of time at HS because I'm thoroughly entertained by the citizens of Hollywood and I love TSMM. There was a lot of hilarity in that park.

We missed our FP for the Frozen sing-along. Darn! I had no idea what it was about and only chose it as we don’t do ToT or RnR. Of course, now I hear it’s really good! :sad2:
Check YouTube, it's probably on there.

Definitely get it next time. It was really a great show!! I agree FotLK is better, and so was the genie one at Disneyland that is now discontinued, but the Frozen Sing Along is right up there! Top 3 in all of Disney (IMO) isn't too shabby!!

I think too much is made of the closures and construction at DHS. TOT is a candidate for best ride on property and I think many feel the same way about RnRC and Star Tours. The Frozen Singalong may be the best live performance on property, and of course many people love F!
The food sitch is pretty dire however. The only TS we really like is HBD but even that has gone downhill. The most recent lunch I had there was Sci-Fi and the burger was probably the best I've ever had a WDW.
DHS probably is a half-day park for us, but it's an excellent half-day and we go to another park or do something else the rest of the day. :earsboy:

Wow, and I would call it hardly a performance at all.

I think Festival of the Lion King would be the best live performance.

Yes, there are several real live performances at Disney with real acting and singing. Lion King is great as is Nemo, Beauty & the Beast, Little Mermaid ... even Indiana Jones has more showmanship.

Glad you found the joy in HS that my family does.
We find it well worth going.
Meanwhile people gush over AK and I'm not a fan at all.
To each their own and that's why you should decide for yourself instead of based on other's opinions.

Yes, there are several real live performances at Disney with real acting and singing.....

The guy narrrator in ours did some imprompu comedy via interaction with various people in the audience as part of the show, which was the only reason I thought there was at least a little showmanship to it. And the rest of what made it for me was simply the entertainment value was high and the sights and sounds were great.

We love HS! We need a full day, and like at least another half whenever we can. I am always surprised when people say there is not much to do there! TSM is our family fave, and so we try to rope drop and FP, and try for 4th FP to do as much as possible, and attempt to break our high scores! Kids love ToT, DD has done IJ every trip, and loves SW - last trip they had just started meets with Chewy and Darth Vader, this time she got her ultimate meet with BB8, as well as the Galactic Spectacular, March, and SW Fireworks - all well done! Caught the Green Army Men(always so funny!), had good lunch at Sci-Fi, and did RnRC for the first time((last time for me, but DD loved it). We had a short trip so only one day filled with SW as you can see,, and one later hop to do TSM w/FP we snagged while at Epcot, so still have not gotten to Frozen show, and missed doing Muppets and F! which we usually hit. So even if you are not into SW, still plenty to do! Will definitely need 2 days when Toy Story Land opens, and then SW Land... we will have to plan around HS!

I really enjoy the Frozen Sing a Long. I think it is an excellent show. I make a point to see it. I would not waste a fastpass on it, not that it isn't excellent, but that the fastpass is unnecessary. We all get into the show at the same time, see the same show. It is a large theatre. Viewing from "not the best seats" still gives a perfectly fine view of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter