Holiday Shopping ..

I started to get really worried the shops are starting to sell winter clothes so I have bought a couple of things for my holiday from Peacocks (love it - its as cheap as Primark!)

I got this top in the sale, mine isnt lilac though its a stone sort of colour

http://www.peacocks.co.uk/Womenswear/Tops/Vests_and_Camis/LILAC_ROSE_PRINT_CAMI_-36160021.html

and a cute floral dress dress to wear with leggings and a belt (not keeping that for our holiday though will be wearing it this weekend! Sadly its not on the Peacocks website it must be new in.

That's a lovely top Gemma :thumbsup2

Is anyone holiday shopping this weekend ? I don't need anything, but hubby needs another shirt for the Cruise, so maybe we'll pop to Brum over the weekend

Happy shopping :)

I have done some serious shopping on Wednesday. I finally managed to get some sandals that fit. They are not the height of fashion, but they are super comfy:

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...category_rn=69588&productId=1180002&langId=-1

I also got two pairs of new shoes for work:

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...category_rn=69588&productId=1129046&langId=-1

http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s..._category_rn=69588&productId=908830&langId=-1

While browsing, I found this on the sales rack:
http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...201&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

I also found an indigo gypsy top that does not seem to be on the website. Those two items just screamed Pirate Night at me. I have been looking for a pirate outfit for ages. All the plus size outfits that I could find are far too revealing for me.

When I got back from town, I felt all inspired. I was looking for a corset to go over the Gypsy top and found this on Ebay, which I managed to win for GBP17 including postage:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180372528470#ebayphotohosting

So now all I need is some kind of triangle of fabric or lace to tie round my waist, a headscarf and some accessories and the pirate is complete. I can't make up my mind if I want to do MNSSHP this year, but as I take the pirate stuff anyway for the cruise, I might as well.

Corinna

Corinna, can I ask how you got the free Sports direct postage? It's £3.50 when I looked.

Postage is free if you spend more than GBP50. As I ordered 7 pairs of Crocs, I qualified for it.

Corinna

Thanks for the Crocs tip, I was gonna wait til Sept to go to the outlet store but I may get a pair or 2 now :idea:

Here are the things I got last weekend at Next, some I took back as either they didn't fit or didn't suit me. All in all I was quite happy with what I got :thumbsup2

I couldn't decide which colour so I got them both

3752540487_4b5c9bfd02.jpg

2 pairs of shorts for DH

3753334386_4637496bc2.jpg

3753335224_67b0cc40bf.jpg

and a couple of belts

3753338618_461d8dd181.jpg

PJ bottoms

3753336966_f3f64d5a1a.jpg

and tops

3752542063_86e40867d5.jpg

These were size 14 as the 12's didn't fit

3752543703_4155432d49.jpg

and these were 12's as the 14's were a bit big :confused3

3752544555_6f583a1403.jpg

I took these back

this one because they were tight around the arms

3753341188_47dc6e540d.jpg

This was too long for a top and too short for a dress, it looked silly if I bunched it up too

3752546215_49674ba55f.jpg

This made me look like a lampshade :rotfl: just didn't suit my shape!

3752546851_e4933637dd.jpg

This looked like a maternity top on me

3752533965_c8c695d7e5.jpg

I did like this one but I already had 2 tops I prefered, it's just not that practicle to have a jumper with short sleeves - I get cold easily and would have to wear a coat anyway!

3753330352_b6ed5d6082.jpg

Eeee, I had such a good shopping day today!! :)

I got these bras:

41KvxBcmTOL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

(One beige one white) They are the non padded, silky stretcy super comfy type. I figure they will be the most cool and also dry the fastest after wet rides!

And these new pants, which are the same material and SO comfy I got 3 pairs, but mgiht be going back for more!! LOVE them!

51V7jXpmJfL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

(Here's the link too)

They are so great!! Go and see them!!

I also got these crocs:

maryjane_w_celery_pair.jpg

Very comfy!!

And I got LOADS of stuff in LUSH, most of it free!!

The one thing I HAVE to tell you about is their face mask called cupcake. OMG, it is soooo nice! :) Go and try some everyone! I'm going to buy some at the florida mall. (Can;t travel with it as it's fresh ingredients and has to be refridgerated) but it'll feel so good at the end of a hot day. :) I also got Candy Fluff, which is a sweet, glittery talcum powder and Jungle soap, as its new out and I love that scent! The woman gave us SO much stuff, masks, cleansers, moisturisers, soap, shaving stuff for Jack. Oooooh I just love that shop!!

I love the dresses.

I did some serious shopping online today. I absolutely adore Crocs. I know that they are butt ugly, but they are the only shoes in which I can walk for miles without my feet hurting. I have worn my existing pairs within an inch of their lives and was planning on taking them to Florida and then replacing them with new ones once I am out there as they are normally cheaper in the USA. In the last few days I kept hearing and reading that the company that makes them is likely to go bust. I started to get a bit worried. Today somebody on the UK Community Board posted a coupon code for Sports Direct. They are having a Crocs sale this week. They are selling them for GBP10 a pair with free postage. So I ended up ordering some Mary Janes in Silver, Seafoam and Celery. I had intended to order one pair in each colour, but I accidentally ordered 2 pairs in the Celery (a beautiful light green). I also ordered 2 pairs of the normal Cayman style (one Seafoam and one Purple) plus a pair of Disney Caymans. They only had the red and black ones in my size. I would have loved to get the Pearl and Pink ones as well. So I should be well set for Crocs.

Corinna

I think you'll be keeping the company that makes Crocs in business all by yourself! I think I'll be checking out that website!

They now appear to have gone up to £15 per pair - having never bought any before is that still a good deal? Can't find any Disney ones though!

While browsing, I found this on the sales rack:
http://www.evans.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...201&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=

I also found an indigo gypsy top that does not seem to be on the website. Those two items just screamed Pirate Night at me. I have been looking for a pirate outfit for ages. All the plus size outfits that I could find are far too revealing for me.

When I got back from town, I felt all inspired. I was looking for a corset to go over the Gypsy top and found this on Ebay, which I managed to win for GBP17 including postage:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180372528470#ebayphotohosting

So now all I need is some kind of triangle of fabric or lace to tie round my waist, a headscarf and some accessories and the pirate is complete. I can't make up my mind if I want to do MNSSHP this year, but as I take the pirate stuff anyway for the cruise, I might as well.

Corinna

Love the skirt and the corset - you are going to be one cool pirate!

I love lush cosmetics, i havnt brought any for years tho
They are SO addictive!

I have a bag full of unopened Clinique face stuff I just spent like £50 on a couple of weeks ago to replace mine which is finishing, and I'm almost gutted that I have to use it all before I can replace it with Lush! :lmao:

My skin gets so oily nd horrible that I have to be pretty careful on it. I spent so many years trying all the clearasil, clean and claer etc rubbish that just ruins your skin that it ends up really worth it to spend a bit more.

It does sound a lot, but the face wash is like £14, £18 for the toner and like £16 for my moisturiser, but they do last me like 6 months.

And I got milions of free samples and £15 worth of boots points. :)

Eeee, I had such a good shopping day today!! :)

I got these bras:

41KvxBcmTOL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

(One beige one white) They are the non padded, silky stretcy super comfy type. I figure they will be the most cool and also dry the fastest after wet rides!

And these new pants, which are the same material and SO comfy I got 3 pairs, but mgiht be going back for more!! LOVE them!

51V7jXpmJfL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

(Here's the link too)

They are so great!! Go and see them!!

I also got these crocs:

maryjane_w_celery_pair.jpg

Very comfy!!

And I got LOADS of stuff in LUSH, most of it free!!

The one thing I HAVE to tell you about is their face mask called cupcake. OMG, it is soooo nice! :) Go and try some everyone! I'm going to buy some at the florida mall. (Can;t travel with it as it's fresh ingredients and has to be refridgerated) but it'll feel so good at the end of a hot day. :) I also got Candy Fluff, which is a sweet, glittery talcum powder and Jungle soap, as its new out and I love that scent! The woman gave us SO much stuff, masks, cleansers, moisturisers, soap, shaving stuff for Jack. Oooooh I just love that shop!!

I have the same Crocs and just love the colour. I think the Mary Jane style is even more comfy than the Cayman or Beach style.

I am a big Lush addict as well and have been a fan pretty much from day one. I also adore the stuff of their sister company B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful. Unfortunately there are only 4 stores in the UK at present: London Covent Garden, London Oxford Street, Poole and Leeds. I have been to all four of them.

I think you'll be keeping the company that makes Crocs in business all by yourself! I think I'll be checking out that website!

They now appear to have gone up to £15 per pair - having never bought any before is that still a good deal? Can't find any Disney ones though!

Love the skirt and the corset - you are going to be one cool pirate!

I am not sure if this is still valid, but I had to enter the coupon code CROCS to get them for £10.

They are SO addictive!

I have a bag full of unopened Clinique face stuff I just spent like £50 on a couple of weeks ago to replace mine which is finishing, and I'm almost gutted that I have to use it all before I can replace it with Lush! :lmao:

Once you have used up all your Clinique stuff, I can really recommend Gorgeous as far as Lush moisturizers are concerned. The stuff is very pricey, but the best moisturizer I ever used.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter