Hi, I'm natale and I'm Healthy! I finished the Princess Marathon!! Need a new goal.

natale1980

"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..
I'm Chubby - but - I guess the first step is admitting it. :thumbsup2

This is me from about 5 minutes ago:
IMG_9839.jpg

It's the best one my DH took. :) Apparently it's blurry because he couldn't stop laughing.

I'm 30 years old 5ft8in and currently weigh 184lbs. :headache: It's not my heaviest, I was once 265+ I was 9 months pregnant with my son at the time, but still... :scared1:

I have been training for the princess half marathon in February since November 8th and have lost close to 10lbs so far. My goal weight is around 155lbs so I have about 30lbs to lose. (I was 135lbs when I met my DH.... sucker!) :)

The thing is I don't want to make this all about weight loss. I want to get healthier and stronger. I joined XSport Fitness two Sundays ago and since then I have been working out 6 days a week. I'm addicted!!! I took advantage of their "one free time with a personal trainer" and found out a few things... 1) I have very bad posture 2) I'm borderline obese.
Ok... Chubby I'll except, I'll even admit that I'm fat, but borderline obese?? It's time to do something!

The Plan:
1) Continue eating healthy. I've been off gluten and processed sugars since I started in November. I have a wheat intolerance so the no gluten is easy since if I do eat it, I'll get sick. Surprisingly the sugar hasn't been to hard either. The reason I gave it up was because I have NO self control.

2) Work out at least 5 days a week.

3) Train for and complete the half marathon in February. Did I mention that I HATE running???

So far "The Plan" has been going well. My jeans are finally not skin tight right out of the dryer, but I'm not ready to go out and buy a size smaller yet.
Anyway - That's my story. I really just need a place to jot down my thoughts.

Thanks for reading!
nat

Today's Work out:

BOOT CAMP :eek:
So the description of the class said, "all fitness levels." It lied!!! :upsidedow

First we did about 7 minutes of squats... really. I never thought they were going to end. Unfortunately they did because they were followed by 10 minutes of an abdominal work out. My core is very weak. VERY weak! After that torture was over the instructor told us to bring our water if needed and everyone started to leave the class. WHAT?!? Where are we going???He brought us to the basketball court and told us all to stand in a line. Ok... I can do this. He then proceeded to put what I can only discribe as a very large, very long rope in front of us and then instructed us to pick it up. We then had to hold the rope over our head and start running. In the first part of the workout I had the option to go at my own pace, if I couldn't do something I would modify it or take a small breather. You can't do that when you are attached to a rope with 15 other people! After around 3 minutes of running, he told us to drop the rope. Relief Then he told us to do 10 push-ups!!! Excuse me! After the push-ups we picked up the rope again and started to run. This part of the torture was repeated 4 times. We were then allowed to get a drink of water.
The next part had a name that I can't remember, but basically the first step was a squat, followed by a toe touch, then you walked your hands inch-worm style out so you could do a push-up. Then you walk your feet to your hands and jump. Sound like fun??? We did this until we were all the way to the other side of the basketball court. Then you had the choice of a crab walk or what I believe he called a bear walk back to the start.
Next... we had the privilege of doing a suicide run. (I think thats what he called it.) Its the type of exercise you see basketball players do where you run to a line on the court turn around and go back and then run a bit further each time. But each time we got to our destination we did another push-up.
We did that TWICE.
We then headed back to our original room where he joyously said we had enough time to workout our biceps.
Then... It was over. :cheer2: I made it...

The moral of the story... If it was that hard for me, then it must mean it's something I should do if I want to get stronger.
So I guess I'm going back next week. :thumbsup2

-nat

So around 3am I was woken up by a pain in my butt and abs. Not so painful that I couldn't fall back asleep, but painful enough that I know yesterdays workout worked.
I fell back asleep only to be woken up at 5am by my alarm clock telling me it was time to go to the gym, I told it to shut up and got out of bed 10 minutes later.

Today's WorkOut:

The treadmill.... I spent an hour on the treadmill today doing a walk/run four miles. For the 1/2 marathon you have to finish in an average of a 16 minute mile. My goal is to train at an average of a 15/14min mile.
I run around a 11 min. mile, so that means I can run one mile every 4 and be ok. :thumbsup2 My goal is to run more then that, but at least I know I will be able to finish!!!!

Tomorrow is my off day, but I'm thinking about swimming a few laps. I haven't tried the pool yet and it seems so inviting!

-nat

Saturday - No workout today, this is my day off.
I work up around 7am and played Epic Mickey :thumbsup2

-nat

Natale: It sounds like you are doing a great job on your workouts. Yes, that bootcamp sounds tough! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

On a side note, I cannot, for the life of me, see where you have put that 184 pounds! You look great! Of course, I understand all your reasons for losing weight, but really, you look healthy. My son's school counselor informed him last year, in 4th grade, that he was borderline obese. I was shocked. Then, looking at the charts, he was. He's got a little belly, but he's a stocky muscular child. So, I don't put a ton of faith into those silly charts. ;)

Hi Natale,

Boot camp sounds pretty intense and it sounds like your training for the 1/2 is going well. I watched a few of your Disney TR videos. Your kids are a couple of cutie pies.

Have a great weekend.

Natale: It sounds like you are doing a great job on your workouts. Yes, that bootcamp sounds tough! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

On a side note, I cannot, for the life of me, see where you have put that 184 pounds! You look great! Of course, I understand all your reasons for losing weight, but really, you look healthy. My son's school counselor informed him last year, in 4th grade, that he was borderline obese. I was shocked. Then, looking at the charts, he was. He's got a little belly, but he's a stocky muscular child. So, I don't put a ton of faith into those silly charts. ;)

Thanks for reading.

Trust me all 184lbs is there. My weigh in is on Thursday, so hopefully it will be lower. :)

I hate the charts, especially for little kids. My DS was sooooo chubby when he was a baby, but now he's tall and thin.

Hi Natale,

Boot camp sounds pretty intense and it sounds like your training for the 1/2 is going well. I watched a few of your Disney TR videos. Your kids are a couple of cutie pies.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks for reading and watching out tr.

I'm looking forward to and freaked out about bootcamp next week, but I'm going to try it again.

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Yoga

This is the second Sunday I've taken Yoga. It was a different instructor today and I just didn't enjoy it as much. I'm still going to continue to workout on Sundays, but I may try something other then Yoga next week.

I'm kinda having a crappy weekend.
I didn't have a good day on Friday at work and that just kinda got my attitude down. Yesterday me and DH when on a date for the first time in a very long time and that was fun, but I couldn't shake the feelings from work. I think it may have also effected my attitude toward Yoga today.:confused

I'm really trying to just look forward to tomorrows workout and stay focused and positive, but there is a little voice in the back of my head that is trying to kick me down.

**Side note, my mom said that my hips are smaller and less pointy... I guess that's a complement.

-nat

Today's Workout: Swimming

I woke up late so I only was able to get in a 35 minute swim before I had to get ready for work.
It went well and my arms are sore I really need to work on getting stronger.

It is freezing here!! I really need the spring to come quickly.

-nat

Today's Workout: Run/Walk

I made it 5 miles today!!! Last week I was at four if this week goes well I want to increase it to 6 next week. :woohoo:

I was supposed to run yesterday but my legs hurt from yoga and I didn't want to hurt myself any further so I put of the run to today.
The only problem with that is I have my spin class tomorrow and I'm afraid I won't make it. Oh well, I'm still going!!!

-nat

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Spin Class

I LOVE this class. It is an amazing class that leaves you drenched.
I feel so much stronger now then I did before I started.

Big weigh in tomorrow!

-nat

Great job on the 5 miles. That is a big milestone :cool1:

I've never tried spinning but everyone I know who does it LOVES it. One of these days I'll have to give it a shot.

Have a great Wednesday!

Great job on the 5 miles. That is a big milestone :cool1:

I've never tried spinning but everyone I know who does it LOVES it. One of these days I'll have to give it a shot.

Have a great Wednesday!

You've got to try it!!! I was very afraid before my first class since I tried it years ago and couldn't make it through the whole class, but this instructor is amazing! She gives you an amazing workout while being incredibly entertaining, so much so that the hour is over before you know it. Then you walk in the locker room and realize that you are drenched with sweat. :thumbsup2

5 miles was interesting... can't wait for six..... And by 'can't wait' I mean 'I'm afraid'.

-nat

So after having a long conversation with myself....

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Bootcamp!!! :banana:

It once again was very difficult and quite a workout!! I think I strained something in my leg and am afraid that I won't be able to run tomorrow, I think I'll wait until the morning to decide. :headache: If my leg still hurts I'll spend the morning swimming and then run on Saturday.
Moral of the story.... I'll be going back to bootcamp next week. :thumbsup2

Thursday's weigh in..... 182
I was hoping for more, but I'll take it. I would think that working out (hard) six days a week would take the weight off faster then one of my facebook friends who is only drinking more water and walking occasionally, but, whatever.

Thanks for reading!
-nat

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Swimming

My leg still hurt so I decided it would be a good idea not to run/walk 5 miles on a bum leg.

I swam for 60 minutes without stopping and without using my legs (it hurt when I did). It felt like a good workout while I was in the pool but not a hard workout - BUT - when I got out of the pool I really felt it. :thumbsup2

My leg doesn't really hurt while I am walking, so I'm thinking about going for a walk in the morning just to keep moving... not sure yet.

-nat

You are just doing great with those workouts. My goodness.

It's tough to watch others hardly do anything and lose weight. The good news is that you are learning life lessons and have a better chance of keeping it off. Plus, who wants a thin, soft body when they can have a thin, rock hard body? :thumbsup2I hope the leg feels good enough to run soon. I'm sporting my own injury and can't work out, so I know it stinks.

You are just doing great with those workouts. My goodness.

It's tough to watch others hardly do anything and lose weight. The good news is that you are learning life lessons and have a better chance of keeping it off. Plus, who wants a thin, soft body when they can have a thin, rock hard body? :thumbsup2I hope the leg feels good enough to run soon. I'm sporting my own injury and can't work out, so I know it stinks.

I am having so much fun working out! I am still on a 6 days a week schedule, but thinking about adding day 7.

It is hard to lose weight at the same pace or slower then someone who is not putting in the work, but, I have to keep on remembering that I'm doing this to get stronger. Thanks for the support!! :flower3:

TODAY'S WORKOUT: Day off

I had a long conversation with myself last night. I really wanted to workout today, but didn't want to injure myself.

Can you believe I've been at this since the beginning of November and my DH just today finally noticed that I'm looking smaller. :rolleyes:

-nat

TODAY'S WORKOUT: The Treadmill

My leg feels fine but I didn't want to take a chance so I walked 90% of my workout. I did however push myself into staying on the treadmill for over 7miles!!!! That is over 1/2 of the 1/2 marathon!! :banana:
I was able to stay within the 16 per mile pace limit too. Every time I step foot on the treadmill I become more confident about being able to finish. :thumbsup2

-nat

You are doing great! Don't worry about your DH taking so long to notice a difference. Men are not know for being the most observent creatures.

Sorry to hear about you leg injury. I'm glad to hear you took some time to rest it. Pushing too hard too fast will just make it worse.

Congrats on finishing "half of the half." I'm sure you will have no problem finishing the Princess. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter