HHI Adoration & Information 2009

Great to hear! I'll definitely put the dolphin cruise on our "to do" list. Can you schedule it directly through the resort, or is it separate? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it is separate but I went to the website, which is very informative, IslandTimeChartersHHI.com, and I found the phone # on the contact page: 816-261-2410. Hope this helps ;) Enjoy!

These restaurants were open last Thanksgiving (not sure which ones serve traditional meals but maybe you could call ) :

Antonio's - The Village at Wexford - 843-842-5505
Boathouse II - Squire Pope Road - 843-681-3663
Charley's Crab - Squire Pope Road - 843-342-9066
CQ's Restaurant - Harbour Town - 843-671-2779
Harbour Town Grill - Harbour Town - 843-363-8380
Julep's - Greenwood Drive - 843-842-5857
Ocean Grille - Shelter Cove Harbour - 843-785-3030
Old Fort Pub - Hilton Head Plantation - 843-681-2386
Red Fish - Palmetto Bay Road - 843-686-3388
Skillet's Café - Coligny Plaza - 843-785-3131
Topside at the Quarterdeck - Harbour Town - 843-842-1999

Maria

Thanks!!

Hi all! I tried reading through the whole thread, but just couldn't do it!:rotfl: I'm planning to do a mother/daughter road trip possibly the first week of November or for March break. Just wondered, since we'll be in a studio, what restaurants are near-by within driving distance (chain restaurants, not the ones on property), and is their a Walmart Super centre close by for groceries or should I stop further out before we arrive??? Thanks all - we've never stayed and my DD(14) wanted a change from WDW :eek: Thought this would be nice for relaxing and together time :hug:

Just wondered, since we'll be in a studio, what restaurants are near-by within driving distance (chain restaurants, not the ones on property), and is their a Walmart Super centre close by for groceries or should I stop further out before we arrive???

Hi!
There are some restaurants very close to the resort. Fuddruckers, Larry's Giant Subs, Giuseppi's Pizza & Pasta, San Miguel's, Scott's, Kingfisher.
Hilton Head has over 200 restaurants so you're sure to find something you'll enjoy.
There is a Super Wal-Mart on the way to the island. You'll pass it on your left about 5min from the I95 exit. There is also a Wal-Mart on island which is 15min from the resort.

Just booked a 2 bdrm for March 14 to 19. This will be our first trip and after reading through this thread we are looking forward to a relaxing week ( even after the 15 hour drive :thumbsup2 )

Better selection of groceries at Publix on the way in (same shopping center as the regular wal-mart on the island). There is also a Publix at the traffic circle at Main entrance to Sea Pines.

Staying in a studio Nov 11-15. Never had a vacation like this before. Been to WDW and mostly camping trips in our camper for other vacations. Two of my questions finally were asked and then answered on the later pages; about what the studio is stocked with and the frequency of activities compared to the busy season. My questions are how do you (can you) pay for the activities that charge? with room key? cash only? Disney Rewards Card? or VISA? Another question I have is does the Disney resort rent bicycle trailers for toddlers like the ones pictured in pages 18 or 28?

Seeing the pricing on the websites for a lot of the surrounding restaurants has my wife and I thinking that we'll be doing some grilling. No different than our camping meals except with charcoal instead of wood.

Thanks in advance.

Today was my 7 month booking window!

Count me in for HHI in 2010 - Arriving May 23rd Departing May 29th.

Is there a 2010 thread?

Time for the Happy Dance :cool1:

Another question I have is does the Disney resort rent bicycle trailers for toddlers like the ones pictured in pages 18 or 28?

I'd like to know this too...We'll be with my almost 4 year old hen we go for a few days the weekend before Thanksgiving. I'm wondering if they have bikes equipped for a child to ride with the parent or toddler trailers for the bikes. I could bring our bike seat, but would rather not.

Also, can anyone recommend must-dos for kids that age in Savannah? We live in Florida, so we've done dolphin cruises out the wazoo (and just did the dolphin experience on the DCL trip). Any other ideas for nearby activities outside of what is offered at the resort?

Thanks!

Not a lot if you have done the dolphin cruise. There are riding tours, ghost tours and other standard touristy things. The dolphin cruise might not be totally bad as the scenery is nice. There is also the riverboat cruise that will do the same thing without the dolphins.

There is a nice playground in Forsyth park.

When I was a child, I loved going to Ft. Pulaski, but, your child may vary.

What is your planned date and I can do more research. I work better with time :)

You can PM me if you need to.

I admit I have not looked through all of the pages, but could use some help. We've stayed at HHI a couple of times, but don't know it as well as many of you do.

We just planned (very short notice) 1 night at HH for DD's Sweet 16. We'll arrive Sat Nov 7th in the morning and leave Sunday afternoon. We'll have DD & her 4 BFF's and DH, DS & I.

Looking for an easy dinner option. Teenage girls do not get ready quickly, so we've decided not to go out for dinner but either get takeout or cook something. What are good options for takeout/delivery? We'll likely have pizza Friday night, so would love to have something different. DD keeps saying she wants "beach food" and would possibly like to grill out but I don't know if the weather will cooperate, so I would like a back up plan. We'll hit Flamingo's for doughnuts in the morning, but that's the extent of the plans so far.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated :goodvibes

Looking for an easy dinner option. What are good options for takeout/delivery?

I would recommend Fiesta Fresh (Mexican).

I have yet to meet an islander that does not enjoy their food.
They are not a chain but a local family that has two locations equal distance from the DVC.
Perfect for take-out.
The place is very clean and the food is always hot and fresh.
Priced right too!

wow - love this thread! We are in the process of completing our purchase at SSR. WE have a boatload of points for 2010 and HHI is on our list. I hope to get into a 1BR or studio in late august. My question - any fisherman? I am a "avid" (ok, family and friends say "insane") fisherman and know the area can provide some excellent fishing. I think I'll bring my kayak down and fish the backcountry. Anyone ever do this?
I may get a guide for a 4hr trip one morning. Also - Is there an area onsite to launch a kayak? I may take my kids out for some rides, where there things to see - dolphins in the vicinity of the resort from the kayak?

Thanks all!

Yes there is a great place to launch Kayaks. If you go to the very end of the resort island there is a sand bank and an opening to go right into the water. From there, you have lots of marsh to explore and fish in. You could also go to the left into the Skull Creek area.

I have a whole bunch of questions, but I guess my first is for those of you lucky HHI owners who have made ressies for July and August, are HHI studios booked up? Were you unable to get ressies for particular days. I looked at the reservation list and noticed nothing was posted. I own at SSR and would love to go to HHI next summer. I'm waiting very patiently for my seven month window to open.

If we are lucky to stay at HHI it would be for a week. I will have a 4 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old with us. Would you say you you spend your week at the resort most of time or do you do a lot of day trips? It seems that HHI has a lot of activities so there is no reason to really leave. Is this a fair assumption?

Has anyone run while at HHI? I'll need to do some running while there. I think I read there is a gym (treadmill) so I could use that. I'm wondering if there are trails or something though?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter