HHI Adoration & Information 2009

Perfect thanks!! Even a little bit of Disney will do me!! Crazy family..... how could they ever be tired of Disney :eek::sad2::rolleyes:

Hello fellow Ontario-an!:yay: Are you driving down? Have you done the drive before? Just wondered since we are thinking of driving ourselves during Christmas break and were curious about timing etc.

Hello fellow Ontario-an!:yay: Are you driving down? Have you done the drive before? Just wondered since we are thinking of driving ourselves during Christmas break and were curious about timing etc.

We are driving and doing it in 2 days - we've done the drive to WDW once a very long time ago but we typically fly for most vacations now :confused3. We figure we'll try the drive this time though as we really want to stop in Virginia on the way down.

The first day will be about 11 hrs to Richmond, Virginia and we will leave at some ungodly hour in the morning knowing dh - then we will go to Great Wolf lodge in Virginia for 2 nights after that - then head to Hilton Head and according to the maps it's another 5 hrs.

Coming home we have to figure out 10 hrs driving the first day then 6 the 2nd day so we can stop and shop on the way home. Can't wait!! I sure need a dose of Disney soon!!

We've done the drive to WDW a few times and have managed to go as far as the turn off for HHI in a single day. So, I believe that if we were to push it hard the trip could be done to HHI in a day, but, we're planning to take 2 days when we go in March.

If you remember, come back and let us know how it went after your trip.

Hello, all, this is my first post on the DISboards!

I'm writing with a question about HHI in the off season. I took advantage of the great Disney Visa rates to book several days for the first week of November. :woohoo: It'll be me, my 7yo DD, my sister, and my mom. I think HHI sounds perfect for me. Mom and Sis will also have a great time; they both enjoy just hanging out with a glass of wine and a good book.

However, my DD is pretty active and a real social butterfly. Her idea of a great vacation is meeting a new "BFF" who she can run around with the whole time. I'm a little worried that she'll find enough to do and other kids to hang with in early November. (FYI, school is out for most of that week where we live.)

Can anyone who's been to HHI in the off season, esp. with kids, advise? Does Disney still run most of the normal activities? In particular, DD's been wanting to go kayaking, and likes anything to do with animals.

Thanks very much!

--Mayayn
2001 Dolphin; 2002 BC; 2006 GF; May 2009 POFQ; Nov 2009 HHI

Mayayn, We have gone to Disney HH many times at this time of the year, (NJ week) and have reservations to return this year. The kids have been all different ages for the trips. (they are now 16(G) and 12(G) and newcomer 18 months(B)) They usually find someone to play with at the pool. Every trip we have taken the activity schedule was full and there was plenty to do. We have kayaked this time of year. The marsh tour (moon snails and such) would be good for your daughter if she likes nature, they usually have a meet and greet or story time with Shadow (dog) that my kids enjoy. Maybe a dolphin cruise? At that age my kids loved the unbirthday party. They also loved and still love just playing and searching in the tidal pools at the beach. They always want to crab/fish on the pier. Disney Hilton Head is a great place to be as busy or as relaxed as you want to be.
Donna

Hi all!

Well, tomorrow is finally the day...I get to call and book my DH's stay for April! lol This was one of my selling points to him when convincing him DVC was for us! (2 yrs ago!)

He will be celebrating his 50th with his 2 friends from grade school, they all turn 50 within the same week. They will golf...golf...and golf.....hoping to snag a 2 bdr....
Then I will be back asking for some advice from all the experts here:)

DisneyBride - I you are booking at 7 months tomorrow, I would guess you're talking about April 18th. You need to be aware that is the last day of the Verizon Heritage Golf Tournament. HHI will be a zoo on that day. I have heard the traffic if horrendous. Though it should be easier getting on the island than off. We are staying at the resort then but plan to check out the next day - Monday.

DisneyBride - I you are booking at 7 months tomorrow, I would guess you're talking about April 18th. You need to be aware that is the last day of the Verizon Heritage Golf Tournament. HHI will be a zoo on that day. I have heard the traffic if horrendous. Though it should be easier getting on the island than off. We are staying at the resort then but plan to check out the next day - Monday.

You are correct sir:) A Sun arrival through Fri departure...They were planning on Sunday being a travel day since 2 of the gentlemen are arriving from SF, CA, long day for them...this is good information to know, thank you.

This is their first time at HHI...

Hi all!

Well, tomorrow is finally the day...I get to call and book my DH's stay for April! lol This was one of my selling points to him when convincing him DVC was for us! (2 yrs ago!)

He will be celebrating his 50th with his 2 friends from grade school, they all turn 50 within the same week. They will golf...golf...and golf.....hoping to snag a 2 bdr....
Then I will be back asking for some advice from all the experts here:)

They should look into a tee time at the Harbour Town course. It's pricey, but the course will be in great shape right after the tournament.

They should look into a tee time at the Harbour Town course. It's pricey, but the course will be in great shape right after the tournament.

He had already planned on this course...lol...he did say they may "work up" to this course as he thinks this one is more difficult...I have no clue..I just enjoy watching the end of the tournaments on TV when it comes down to the last couple of holes...I am still trying to learn!

good news....booked it this morning:)
A 2 bdr villa for 4 nights....3 on points and one on cash...I need to make sure there are still some for me for next years F & W trip;)
I am sure he will come back wanting to book a family trip to HHI:)

Hi HHI lovers!

Do any of you happen to know if you can pay for your room there using Disney Gift Cards?

I booked cash using that Disney Visa deal and would love to pay our balance upon arrival with the gift cards we got from the AP referral program...

Thank you!

Came back from a 2 night stay at Disney's HH (AUG 15-17). The weather wasn't the most cooperative, but we had some good weather breaks. This was a pit stop for us on the way to moving dd into FSU.

Just wanted to say, we had dinner at the newer Sea Trawler restaurant and enjoyed it very much. Views are great----my daughter who had lunch their with a friend a week earlier saw dolphin from their window table seat.

IMG_2769.jpg

Here we are enjoying our meal (very pretty restaurant) :

100_6286B.jpg

100_6285.jpg

100_6287.jpg

Some other various pics from Harbour Town marina/shopping :

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

Our room (studio) in Bldg 16. Everything was in good condition :

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

We're going for spring break 2010 -- we went last year and had a really relaxing time even though it rained a lot that week. But we enjoyed it so much that we decided to go back for 2010 - can't wait!

Hi All! We are new DVC members and are very excited to spend Christmas in DVC HHI. :yay: We are also going on our first cruise next year (DCL) and I guess I have cruise magents on the brain. Does anyone know if the doors are metal? I thought it would be fun to put a Merry Christmas from us magnet on the door. Also, we are going to be staying in a 2br. Is there a must stay section? Just ask for a Savannah view?

thank you!!

Hi All! We are new DVC members and are very excited to spend Christmas in DVC HHI. :yay: We are also going on our first cruise next year (DCL) and I guess I have cruise magents on the brain. Does anyone know if the doors are metal? I thought it would be fun to put a Merry Christmas from us magnet on the door. Also, we are going to be staying in a 2br. Is there a must stay section? Just ask for a Savannah view?

thank you!!

We liked Building 15 as it was close enough to everything - 2 minute walk to the pool, 2 minute walk to the front of the resort. It overlooked the boardwalk / marsh.

We liked Building 15 as it was close enough to everything - 2 minute walk to the pool, 2 minute walk to the front of the resort. It overlooked the boardwalk / marsh.

I see that you will be staying in a THV later this week. We are going to THV's in October. Can you let us know how the THV's are after your stay? We will also be there (HHI) for Spring Break 2010. We arrive on Sunday the 28th of March and leave on Friday the 2nd of April. Maybe we will run in to each there at HHI. Our last stay we were at the main lodge. It was very nice and we enjoyed it so much that we want to go back.

I see that you will be staying in a THV later this week. We are going to THV's in October. Can you let us know how the THV's are after your stay? We will also be there (HHI) for Spring Break 2010. We arrive on Sunday the 28th of March and leave on Friday the 2nd of April. Maybe we will run in to each there at HHI. Our last stay we were at the main lodge. It was very nice and we enjoyed it so much that we want to go back.

You'll be there the same dates that we'll be there for Hilton Head. My DH's birthday is on the 2nd, so when you see on their t.v. channel "happy birthday Gary" that's us :) When the 2010 thread starts, we'll have to post over there. We had such a great time last year. The one thing we didn't do that we wanted to do was get over to the miniature golf course that's nearby, so we plan to do that on the first day we're there.

Oh yeah, by arriving on Sunday, you're very likely to see B'lou Crabbe and Shadow.

Thank you Cindy! I will make a note in my planning book.

Donna,

Thanks very much for your info on staying at HHI with kids during the first week of November. It was very reassuring. I haven't heard about the unbirthday party; I'll definitely look for that, in addition to the nature walks, etc.

Every time I check in here, I look forward to my first visit to HHI more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter