***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

I used my phone- computer kept locking up, so I just added my fp to my spreadsheet on my laptop while using my phone to make ressies.

Yes, I moved to phone too, when my first attempt at booking on computer went to the Olaf screen. So I would say have both ready to go, and be prepared to switch.

Sunset is 7:12 pm on October 1st, gradually getting earlier each day until the 31st when it is 6:47 pm.
This is why it is so important for AK to stay open later so we can see Pandora in the dark!

The travel agent October link is also in first post on this thread, but sadly I don't see any new updates. AK is still 7:30 at the latest. :(

I can't speak for all of October as I posted earlier but on October first atleast it should be open until atleast 8:00 and likely much later. I have ROL dining for the first show. Since the FP is for the first show that indicates that there is a second show. Since ROL first show can't be any earlier 7:30 I think you can, on atleast that day, expect a closing closer to 9:00

I can't speak for all of October as I posted earlier but on October first atleast it should be open until atleast 8:00 and likely much later. I have ROL dining for the first show. Since the FP is for the first show that indicates that there is a second show. Since ROL first show can't be any earlier 7:30 I think you can, on atleast that day, expect a closing closer to 9:00
:fish:

I just changed our reservation, we are doing a split stay now. All Star Movies from 10/26-10/31, then moving to AKL from 10/31-11/3. Manged to snag a room only discount for both resorts. Still hoping for better AP discounts.

I love AKL, so excited to spend a few days there. :cheer2:

Yes, I moved to phone too, when my first attempt at booking on computer went to the Olaf screen. So I would say have both ready to go, and be prepared to switch.
I had both my phone and computer ready to go this morning only to not have the ability to book and FP except 30 days from now (since I have an AP). I called IT support because MDE said it was my 60 day so I couldn't figure out what was going on. Turns out that because we booked a dinner reservation at DS the night before our Disney hotel reservation (we are staying off site for one night), the system considered our vacation starting the day earlier. But for FP purposes I can't book until tomorrow so I have to try all over again! UGH

We will be in Disney September 30-Oct 8 staying at ASMusic. We are Celebrating our 26th Wedding Anniversary. My husband has never been to Food and Wine so I can't wait for him to experience it. We are also going to attend Party for the Senses. We are doing a quick trip up to Universal for two park days staying at Royal Pacific and doing HHN. Packed week. First time going to Disney and not taking our kids. We haven't told them yet we are going away. Feels weird not to be taking them on vacation with us. I guess it is our first step to being a couple again. I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but I do. Hope it passes soon.

Just noticed on the calendar that the first Boo To You parade is scheduled for 9:15pm. I feel like I remember it being earlier last trip, we missed it because our dinner went over with meeting the Beast. I'm actually kind of glad because it gives us some time to enjoy party activities before having to set up camp for a parade spot, but now I'm thinking of trying for a spot on Main Street or the Hub instead of Frontierland, so we can watch the fireworks after. No way my kiddos can stay up for the second parade, so we would just leave after the fireworks I guess.

Shop!!! Start lists!!! I have my notebook full of my lists - what to pack, what to bring in carry on, things to do before I leave.

I bought a storage container that I'm filling up with toiletries, etc. so they are in one place when I pack.
Makes me smile every time i walk past!

View attachment 259664
I am a list person- already have one started. I have done some shopping- bought matching Disney shirts to wear on the plane ( my hubby doesn't know yet) It just seems like kind of a letdown with 60 day mark passed, I guess now I wait for our Magic bands to come.

Last edited:
Righto, I am feeling pretty good that all my planning is coming together! I have booked SWDP, and today managed to get the HEA DP too (garden plaza). That one had been showing as sold out for the last week or so (pretty much between thinking about it and seeing that there were spaces left, and deciding to book, argh!) but today I managed to get the booking. I figured that with the limited nights HEA is on due to the MNSSHP, and having our DD with us, who isn't at all tall, having guaranteed decent viewing was worth the insane cost.

The only thing I haven't booked is the MNSSHP. I really should as we are intending to go, I don't know why I am holding off!

If anyone has been waiting to book the Pirates and Pals Fireworks cruise, I finally got it booked today. You now book via dining instead of recreation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter