What did you order at Skipper Canteen? I keep wanting to try it but menu is limited and we usually aren't "adventurous" in menu items. The desserts sound wonderful though - did you try any?
Ive had the orinoco cachapas ( I'm from Venezuela so these were a nice taste from my country), the pork and the coconut bar. All delicious

Ive had the orinoco cachapas ( I'm from Venezuela so these were a nice taste from my country), the pork and the coconut bar. All delicious
The cachapas are really good--I once got that and the falafel and made a dinner of appetizers. Also really enjoyed the char sui pork.

They used to have a dish that they called mac and cheese but it was really pastitsio (Mediterranean dish of pasta, bechemel and meat sauce--I grew up in the middle east and we had this at least once a week as a kid: awesome). They also used to a whole a fried fish with the head on that my kids thought was awesome when I ordered it. I mention only because presumably at some point they will expand the menu back again from the current limited offerings and those were both pretty good too.

I will have to try to coconut bar. I got the kungaloosh because I love bananas but it was just okay (cake was a bit dry).

1/29 - Friday - Epcot

We had already been to Epcot once this trip and didn't have any pressing needs so we planned to take this day pretty slow and easy. With an opening time of 11 it was easy to take our time getting up and around and off to the park. We are early risers though so we were up and ready around 10. So we made a last second decision to mobile order breakfast at Primo Piatto and stop off at Riviera on our way to the park. Wow what a great breakfast! We ordered the Mickey waffles and Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. We also ordered the Chocolate croissant and banana bread to have later. The croissant was disappointing, no chocolate inside just drizzled on top. But the banana bread was amazing. Huge chunks of chocolate throughout! We toured around Riviera which is an absolutely beautiful resort. Then we headed off to Epcot. We ended up entering the park right around 11 and skipped Spaceship Earth as there was a bit of a wait. We headed for the Seas, said hi to Nemo and all our fishy friends! Then we hit The Land. We watched the Amazing Planet which was nicely done. We intended to do Living with the Land but it was down so we opted to do Soarin. It was a 20 min wait posted and that was about what it was. When we came out LWTL was back up but the line was long so we decided to skip it. We walked around looking at the art for awhile and then headed into WS it was about 1pm. We hit many of the food booths. Our favorites today were the Passion Fruit Mousse at Vibrante & Vivido and the Pistachio Cake at Painters Palate. Food so pretty it is hard to eat... until you taste it! We also did the Beauty and the Beast Sing-a-long in France and we hit Spaceship Earth on our way out. We left the park around 4. We had a reservation at 7:30 at Paddlefish in Disney Springs. We visited the Springs three times on this trip and being a friday night the crowd seemed to have quadrupled. I couldn't believe how busy it was! We had a wonderful dinner with amazing service though!

What did you order at Skipper Canteen? I keep wanting to try it but menu is limited and we usually aren't "adventurous" in menu items. The desserts sound wonderful though - did you try any?
I had the Corvina (Fish of the Day) and my daughter had the Taste's like Chicken because it is! I am an "adventurous" eater but my family is not which is why we haven't tried this place before but my daughter really liked the Chicken. It's basically a piece of fried chicken with rice. The sauce was on the side mostly. The desserts were amazing. I had the Kungaloosh and she got the coconut bar. Both were delicious and very nicely presented. You could always go and just order the dessert!!

Last time I was in Disney was in July and there were no cake pops anywhere, I tried all the bakeries in the parks and went to Disney Springs and nothing... Has anyone noticed any recently being sold? I leave in two days and I am in severe withdrawal from no cake pops.
We had one in the Kakamora Float at Aloha Isle and thought it was really good. But aside from that we didn't see any where else that I can recall.

Security experience right now - I know we have the temp check and then some sort of bag check. I would like to pack my bag so that I can go as quickly as possible and hopefully not have security digging through my bag in the time of COVID. If there are items that need to be pulled out I will put them in a see through zip lock - what are they? Assuming phone, battery pack - what else have you found needs to come out?

I had a Yeti water bottle and a camera. I had to go through bag check every day. Because so few people have to go through bag check, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Landed at MCO at 8:20 pm. We were off the plane quickly and on the Magical Express by 8:47 pm. We departed around 8:52 pm. Excellent timing!

Physical distancing is great on the bus. We got lucky and was seated in Row 2. We are here! We are excited to celebrate and enjoy our honeymoon!

Landed at MCO at 8:20 pm. We were off the plane quickly and on the Magical Express by 8:47 pm. We departed around 8:52 pm. Excellent timing!

Physical distancing is great on the bus. We got lucky and was seated in Row 2. We are here! We are excited to celebrate and enjoy our honeymoon!
Congrats!! Hope you have a wonderful trip

I had a Yeti water bottle and a camera. I had to go through bag check every day. Because so few people have to go through bag check, it wasn't that big of a deal.
I’m usually never ever pulled to the side but recently I forgot I had 2 small hand wipe packets in my pocket. They are those small foil lined wipes And security happened to mention it was showing in my pockets but it seemed obvious I had nothing in my pocket until later when I happened to reach into my pocket and discover those wipes. So I guess the foil created his comment. Live and learn...

Arrived at the YC bus stop at 7am. We were second in line. Bus arrived at 7:15 and we were at AK at 7:35. Everyone heading towards Pandora. We chose to start at Everest. It’s 7:50 am and the attraction hasn’t opened to guests yet.

EDIT: EE opens right at park open.

Last edited:

Congratulations! Have an awesome time 😊

Last time I was in Disney was in July and there were no cake pops anywhere, I tried all the bakeries in the parks and went to Disney Springs and nothing... Has anyone noticed any recently being sold? I leave in two days and I am in severe withdrawal from no cake pops.

Not sure if you're looking for a cake pop from a Disney food spot, but I've never noticed them having them anywhere in the parks other than at the Starbucks locations inside the parks and at Disney Springs.

Not sure if you're looking for a cake pop from a Disney food spot, but I've never noticed them having them anywhere in the parks other than at the Starbucks locations inside the parks and at Disney Springs.
Thanks, I have gotten the cake pops from the Confectionary in MK and at Goofy's Candy Store in Disney Springs, but they didn't have any in July 2020. They said it had to do with the pandemic and having trouble getting certain foods/ingredients... Wasn't sure if that got resolved. Oh well, I arrive tomorrow and will take a look. :)

Thanks, I have gotten the cake pops from the Confectionary in MK and at Goofy's Candy Store in Disney Springs, but they didn't have any in July 2020. They said it had to do with the pandemic and having trouble getting certain foods/ingredients... Wasn't sure if that got resolved. Oh well, I arrive tomorrow and will take a look. :)
Creature Comforts at AK used to have cake pops, not sure if they still do though.

At mk now. Did the liberty Belle, saw cm working on thew Indian village, it looks like repaint.
Tom Sawyer opened at 11am. No change but the barrell bridge is still missing and the fort was closed for continued refurb

Placed mobile order for previous bill this morning to secure the 12 to 12:30 window. The order took 15 minutes to be ready. It is very busy right now

My mom and I went 1/25 - 1/29 - stayed at The Swan. LOVED being at the Epcot Resort area again. I used to stay at the Beach Club a lot back when it didn't cost your first born and I didn't realize how much I missed the area. Loved walking around Crescent Lake and having a waterfront dining experience at Boardwalk Bakery in the morning. So special ! We did MK, Epcot and AK - only had 3 days in parks, 2 days were for travel because we drove down from NC. MK crowds were very low in the mornings but picked up by early to mid afternoon, especially in and around Fantasyland. The line at Splash said 50 minutes, but I counted and it was only 20. Pirates said 25 and it was spot on. Great weather - low 80's. Epcot - same thing very low crowds but it got busier in World Showcase in the afternoons, still not bad at all though for a festival. Epcot was scheduled to open at 11 but we got in at 10:30. Soarin had a 5 minute wait, and everything in Future World was basically a walk on. I loved the Festival of the Arts, it was my first time. Animal Kingdom ... very low crowds. Got there about 10 and FOP wait was posted 25 minutes, it was more like 15. Skipped River Journey because the line was insane. 5 minute wait at the safari. 10 at Everest. Just easy peeezy. The CM's were wonderful all the way around! It was a good trip. now, I am suffering the post-Disney blues.

Day 1: AK/Epcot/HS

AK was fantastic in the morning. We rode in our own train on Expedition Everest and our own vehicle in Dinosaur. When walking from EE to Dinosaur we didn’t see a single person. It was crazy. Flight of Passage was posted at 30 but we waited only 20. We did the animation experience and loved it. I finally saw It’s Tough to Be a Bug...so many crying children. 😂

We got back to Yacht Club and took a nap before stopping by Epcot. We did a couple of the food booths and completed the Figment painting scavenger hunt. This is a tough park with social distancing and mask compliance when it’s busy. Too many people and not enough spots to appropriately social distance while eating and drinking. Too many individuals walking and consuming food and beverage. We found China and Canada to be much quieter and enjoyed sitting in there to eat something.

Saw some low waits at HS and decided to ride the skyliner over to HS and did MFSR and MMRR before heading back. Both attractions we a 20 minute wait. This will make rope dropping HS tomorrow so much easier. Stopped by Riveria and picked up a mobile order at Primo Piatto on the way back. It was fine, not amazing. But I would try it again for sure.

Tomorrow we will rope drop HS to ride RnRC, ToT and hopefully get a BG for RotR. From there we might go back to Epcot or decide to head over to MK.

Side note: we absolutely adore Yacht Club. We both agreed we would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location, the room, the amenities, that lobby scent, the pool, the view of the Boardwalk. It’s incredible!

Last edited:
Security experience right now - I know we have the temp check and then some sort of bag check. I would like to pack my bag so that I can go as quickly as possible and hopefully not have security digging through my bag in the time of COVID. If there are items that need to be pulled out I will put them in a see through zip lock - what are they? Assuming phone, battery pack - what else have you found needs to come out?

Was at parks in September and November. Security so much easier than old days. Only things needed to come out of bag were metal water bottles and sunglass cases. Depending on which park, phone held over head while walking through metal detector. I think at least one park may have been just walk through. They were encouraging folks to keep moving.

Gone was the day of every bag Being examined.

And no more turnstiles in or out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter