From what I've read in previous posts, they are likely just moving park pass availability from one group that had a lot of availability to another group that had limited availability, with those groups being Annual Passholders, Disney Resort Guests, and guests with Theme Park Tickets only.

So the total number of park passes would not change, just how many are allocated to each group. If there aren't a lot of people staying at Disney resorts and booking passes on specific days, Disney can simply move park passes away from that group and into another, such as AP's.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken!
You're correct

Sorry if this has been asked before but this is quite a large thread to follow. For those who have traveled from NY state, Do the quarantine rules apply for children as well (I'm assuming they do)? My wife and I are both essential workers so I believe we are exempt from the quarantine rules according to what I read on the state website. So do I have to get my 5 year old and 7 old tested prior to departure upon return to NY to get exempt from the quarantine? Any clarification/experiences would be greatly appreciated, all this new info is overwhelming

It’s still 35%. When they increased it from 25% to 35% it was a 40% increase, not an increase to 40%.

I am wondering when the next increase will be. Did they give a heads up on a date previously, or did one day people wake up and find out their trips next week had raised capacity? I am going the first week of March and really hoping they don't raise it higher by then.

I am wondering when the next increase will be. Did they give a heads up on a date previously, or did one day people wake up and find out their trips next week had raised capacity? I am going the first week of March and really hoping they don't raise it higher by then.
Chapek just mentioned in an interview that it had increased, he did not say when it did. So it could be done without telling anyone.

Chapek just mentioned in an interview that it had increased, he did not say when it did. So it could be done without telling anyone.
Chapek made the comments during the last earnings call on 11/12. Disney reports 1Q Earnings on 2/11 so would expect some update, either status quo or plans for park capacity increases to come then.

Just back and wanted to review my last couple days and give my final thoughts.

1/28- Thursday - MK Day

Intended on being at the gate when they opened (driving rental) but we had a couple snafus which put us there about 15 minutes late... doesn't seem like much but those 15 min are critical right now. It wasn't that big of a deal for us as we didn't have any must do's at MK. We got to the ferry about 8:30 and we were walking down main street at 8:50. Went directly back to 7DMT and it was already a 50 min wait. So we threw plans out the window and decided to have a completely unplanned day. We started with Pooh since we were already right there. It was a walk on. PP next also a walk on it was about 9:15. HM was a very quick walk on with no room open :(. It was a pretty brisk morning so we decided against Splash and I think BTMR was around 40 by now. So we decided we wanted some breakfast and headed to Sleepy Hollow for a waffle. The line was outside the queue so we bailed and headed for Pirates. It was a walk on and after we headed back to Sleepy Hollow and there was no line at all?! Worked perfect and the nutella waffle was amazing. After this we headed to Tommorrowland. Took pictures at the hub and purple wall on the way. Next we decided to do Space Mountain. Posted a 10 min wait but by the time we got back to the ride it was 20. We did have a wait but I don't think it was longer than 15 minutes. We mobile ordered Cheshire cat tails in line and picked those up after the ride. Not sure why exactly but I didn't think these were as good as they were at Cheshire Cafe. It was cold and I think that was the problem. Still good just not the same. Anyway we headed to Barnstormer next mostly to check out Tron. Posted a 10 minute wait when we got in line and then switched to 20 but I don't think we waited even 5, the line was much longer when we left but I think the ride is maybe 30 seconds?! We felt MK times were rarely dependable and usually inflated. It is hard for them to track with cleaning time I suppose. Next we got a Mickey Pretzel! Today was definitely a day of snacks! Next we hit Ariel which was posted at some crazy wait time of 40 minutes?! I knew it couldn't be true although the line was outside the queue which I have never seen! and we waited maybe five minutes for a cleaning and then it was basically a walk on. It was around noon by now and wait times were creeping up so we headed to Carousel of Progress which is an all time fav of mine! We mobile ordered at Tommorrowland Terrace so we could get some maskless castle pics which worked out perfectly! We weren't too hungry from all the snacks so we ordered a Chicken/Shrimp combo to share and we still couldn't finish it! So much food. Oh forgot we snuck in a ride on Buzz while we waited for our food to be ready. After this we headed to Main Street for some shopping and grabbed some Starbucks (no wait!!) on our way out. Left the park about 1:30 to go back to our hotel and rest for awhile as we had a 7:00 reservation at Skipper Canteen and knew we wouldn't make it all day. Came back around 5 to most people leaving the park. We headed back to 7DMT and the line was basically in the same place we had seen it all day with a 40 min wait but it was really the only thing we wanted to ride so we queued up. It was definitely the longest wait we had all trip but it was an actual wait of 25 min. Such a fun cute ride though. We still had plenty of time till our reservation so we hit BTMR which had a 40 min time posted but it was a walk on. This was 45 min till close. We could have easily rode again on any other ride at this point probably but we were tired and we opted for another snack! Yep right before dinner we grabbed a Kakamora float at Aloha Isle! This was really good and I can see this being really refreshing if it was hot! By this time we headed to Skipper Canteen which was a first for me and it was the highlight of the trip. Wow did not think theme park food could ever be this good! I am kicking myself for not trying it sooner and I can't wait to go back! Got some really great shots of the castle and the empty park. Magic Kingdom felt crowded at times and definitely has more bottle necks and crowded areas as opposed to the other parks. I was really impressed with the way everyone respected the rules however. MK wait times were kind of all over the place but since they weren't ever really long I don't think that was an issue. It could become a problem as the parks get more crowded though. We almost skipped MK because there wasn't anything we really had to do but I am so glad we went especially for that dinner at Skipper Canteen if nothing else!!

Wondering if there is a quick reference to all things closed, unavailable, not offered etc. currently due to Covid?
If not, wondering if anyone could start a 'sticky' with a list of all these differences, then update it as things reopen or return to normal?

Ugh, I have 25 days to go and the capacity limit is part of what makes me feel better. I really hope they don't decide to jack it up by then..
I'm thinking it will be left alone as they are recommending reducing capacity at the restaurants in Orlando and locking things back down a bit. Hoping that is the case - because I am 24 days out myself and the capacity limits are one of the reasons I feel ok going.

Just back and wanted to review my last couple days and give my final thoughts.

1/28- Thursday - MK Day

Intended on being at the gate when they opened (driving rental) but we had a couple snafus which put us there about 15 minutes late... doesn't seem like much but those 15 min are critical right now. It wasn't that big of a deal for us as we didn't have any must do's at MK. We got to the ferry about 8:30 and we were walking down main street at 8:50. Went directly back to 7DMT and it was already a 50 min wait. So we threw plans out the window and decided to have a completely unplanned day. We started with Pooh since we were already right there. It was a walk on. PP next also a walk on it was about 9:15. HM was a very quick walk on with no room open :(. It was a pretty brisk morning so we decided against Splash and I think BTMR was around 40 by now. So we decided we wanted some breakfast and headed to Sleepy Hollow for a waffle. The line was outside the queue so we bailed and headed for Pirates. It was a walk on and after we headed back to Sleepy Hollow and there was no line at all?! Worked perfect and the nutella waffle was amazing. After this we headed to Tommorrowland. Took pictures at the hub and purple wall on the way. Next we decided to do Space Mountain. Posted a 10 min wait but by the time we got back to the ride it was 20. We did have a wait but I don't think it was longer than 15 minutes. We mobile ordered Cheshire cat tails in line and picked those up after the ride. Not sure why exactly but I didn't think these were as good as they were at Cheshire Cafe. It was cold and I think that was the problem. Still good just not the same. Anyway we headed to Barnstormer next mostly to check out Tron. Posted a 10 minute wait when we got in line and then switched to 20 but I don't think we waited even 5, the line was much longer when we left but I think the ride is maybe 30 seconds?! We felt MK times were rarely dependable and usually inflated. It is hard for them to track with cleaning time I suppose. Next we got a Mickey Pretzel! Today was definitely a day of snacks! Next we hit Ariel which was posted at some crazy wait time of 40 minutes?! I knew it couldn't be true although the line was outside the queue which I have never seen! and we waited maybe five minutes for a cleaning and then it was basically a walk on. It was around noon by now and wait times were creeping up so we headed to Carousel of Progress which is an all time fav of mine! We mobile ordered at Tommorrowland Terrace so we could get some maskless castle pics which worked out perfectly! We weren't too hungry from all the snacks so we ordered a Chicken/Shrimp combo to share and we still couldn't finish it! So much food. Oh forgot we snuck in a ride on Buzz while we waited for our food to be ready. After this we headed to Main Street for some shopping and grabbed some Starbucks (no wait!!) on our way out. Left the park about 1:30 to go back to our hotel and rest for awhile as we had a 7:00 reservation at Skipper Canteen and knew we wouldn't make it all day. Came back around 5 to most people leaving the park. We headed back to 7DMT and the line was basically in the same place we had seen it all day with a 40 min wait but it was really the only thing we wanted to ride so we queued up. It was definitely the longest wait we had all trip but it was an actual wait of 25 min. Such a fun cute ride though. We still had plenty of time till our reservation so we hit BTMR which had a 40 min time posted but it was a walk on. This was 45 min till close. We could have easily rode again on any other ride at this point probably but we were tired and we opted for another snack! Yep right before dinner we grabbed a Kakamora float at Aloha Isle! This was really good and I can see this being really refreshing if it was hot! By this time we headed to Skipper Canteen which was a first for me and it was the highlight of the trip. Wow did not think theme park food could ever be this good! I am kicking myself for not trying it sooner and I can't wait to go back! Got some really great shots of the castle and the empty park. Magic Kingdom felt crowded at times and definitely has more bottle necks and crowded areas as opposed to the other parks. I was really impressed with the way everyone respected the rules however. MK wait times were kind of all over the place but since they weren't ever really long I don't think that was an issue. It could become a problem as the parks get more crowded though. We almost skipped MK because there wasn't anything we really had to do but I am so glad we went especially for that dinner at Skipper Canteen if nothing else!!
What did you order at Skipper Canteen? I keep wanting to try it but menu is limited and we usually aren't "adventurous" in menu items. The desserts sound wonderful though - did you try any?

What time in the evening does the skyliner stop operating nowadays?
current hours
Disney’s Hollywood Studios 8 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Disney’s Pop Century/Art of Animation Resorts 8 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
EPCOT International Gateway One way flight to Caribbean Beach until 10 a.m. 8 am.- 9:30 pm.

I'm thinking it will be left alone as they are recommending reducing capacity at the restaurants in Orlando and locking things back down a bit. Hoping that is the case - because I am 24 days out myself and the capacity limits are one of the reasons I feel ok going.

Where are you hearing that? I live in Orlando, and I have heard zero talk of that.

oh ya, thought they were talking about it from local gov't. Not going to happen though, unless it comes from the state gov't..and well.....

Last edited:
Last time I was in Disney was in July and there were no cake pops anywhere, I tried all the bakeries in the parks and went to Disney Springs and nothing... Has anyone noticed any recently being sold? I leave in two days and I am in severe withdrawal from no cake pops.

What did you order at Skipper Canteen? I keep wanting to try it but menu is limited and we usually aren't "adventurous" in menu items. The desserts sound wonderful though - did you try any?
We ate there last week. The char siu pork was really good. They're also serving Pao de queijo from the Brazil booth at food and wine as an app. My wife got the tofu curry thing. She said it was okay. Either Kungaloosh (the beer or the desert) is really good.

Last time I was in Disney was in July and there were no cake pops anywhere, I tried all the bakeries in the parks and went to Disney Springs and nothing... Has anyone noticed any recently being sold? I leave in two days and I am in severe withdrawal from no cake pops.
They serve one in the Kakamora Dole Whip at Sunshine Tree, but it was gross. And in the kid's desert trio at BoG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter