Help with Lightroom Classic - Smart Previews

Minerva Mouse

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I'm having zero luck finding the answer I need online, so I thought this might be a good place to reach out.

I recently created several smart previews in a lightroom catalog with the hope that I could work on them without being tethered to the hard drive. However, when I later tried to open Lightroom (free of the tether), Lightroom said "lightroom catalog was not found".

Any idea what I'm missing here?

Hi All,

I'm having zero luck finding the answer I need online, so I thought this might be a good place to reach out.

I recently created several smart previews in a lightroom catalog with the hope that I could work on them without being tethered to the hard drive. However, when I later tried to open Lightroom (free of the tether), Lightroom said "lightroom catalog was not found".

Any idea what I'm missing here?

You still need to be tethered to the hard drive. The smart preview just lets you work on a smaller file, for quicker processing.

To do what you want you need to store the Lightroom Catalog files on your internal drive, but keep the Photos on an external drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter