Help us decide between Poly Concierge and YC Concierge

onthego103

Mouseketeer
DH and I are going to DW for a week in July with our three children (DS 14,DD 12, and DS 8.) We will share one room as we have on our past two trips. We will have a car there.
In the past we have split our stays between two hotels each time and enjoyed doing so. The FT package makes staying at one hotel for the entire time in one hotel this time a much better deal. We have stayed at both hotels before.
Our family is split between whether we want to stay at Poly Concierge or YC Concierge. The pluses for us to staying at Poly are monorail access to MK, bigger room, Captain's Plan for unlimited boat rentals, and we prefer the Concierge there. The pluses for us to staying at YC are the pool and easy access to MGM, Boardwalk and WS restaurants.
Surprisingly, our oldest DS wants to stay at Poly and our youngest DS wants to stay at YC. The rest of us are somewhat torn.
Anyone care to offer opinions?!

wow! I have been to the BC in just a standard room. It was nice. My dd who was 8 last year loved the pool. My husband liked the location being next to epcot. This year we are going to the poly and staying at the concierge bldg. I have heard so many great things about concierge here! Have you been to Tikiman's web? He has a lot of info!! The volcano pool is great at the poly! I'm sorry I really can't help,having not stayed at either- yet!!:D

I am scheduled to stay at Polynesian concierge this August but I must confess that I am torn between the Polynesian and the Beach Club Concierge. The pool at Beach Club sounds perfect for my children and they also have hot tubs which the Polynesian lacks. My primary concern with the Polynesian is the rehab that is going on this summer and the temporary set up for the concierge there. Quite honestly I am waiting for some trip reports in the beginning of June when the switch is made to Tahiti and then I will make my final decision. The convenience of the Polynesian sounds so perfect if only there was not this rehab taking place.

I am afraid that I probably was not much help.:o

hi onthego103, we chose the polynesian concierge for our upcoming trip (have been before in a garden standard room).....LOVE it here! some day we will try the epcot resorts....when the kids are older or just DH and myself. i'm curious, what is the captain plan for boating??:D

I believe the Captain's Plan allows unlimited boat rentals of the water mice for the length of your stay for $199. We should have four in our family old enough and tall enough to drive the boats, so this should be a good deal for us. Someone thought this included bike/surrey rentals as well, but I'm not sure about that. Anyone know?

our vote is for yacht club concierge! we have stayed in concierge rooms at both resorts and understand your considerations. july will be hot and you will probably spend more time at the pool- stormalong bay is awesome and does not compare to the poly pool. we love beaches and cream for quick meals and ice cream. cape may cafe at the beach club has a great dinner buffet and wonderful character breakfast. we love a walk around the boardwalk at night and rent a surrey bike if you haven't tried one yet. although the poly rooms are larger and the concierge food offerings a little more generous, we love the view of sab, the boardwalk and illuminations from our balcony. both concierge staffs are great. prefer the restaurant choices within walking distance of the yacht club. just ate in italy with 3 teenagers (it was excellent!!) and walked out of epcot back to our room in the pouring rain. all of us in ponchos and the girls splashing in puddles like they were little kids! one of those magical disney memories. we always drive over to the poly one afternoon to rent water sprites/mice over there. they go faster and it's just more fun to race around bay lake. hope we have been of help and have a wonderful vacation wherever you stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter