Haven't Received New DVC Card

This is a bit of a cluster. Still no cards (no welcome package either) for us. I submitted a request online, but am not holding my breath.

DH is golfing in Aug & needs a card for the discount - no digital version for him as he has no MDE acct.

For crying out loud the cards'll be expired before they get all of them out correctly!!

This is par for the course, I would contact MS and activate his web access.

:earsboy: Bill

We got two sets of cards...maybe because we have two use years?

If you get the DVC packet in the silver envelope, the cards are in there! You just have to go thru the packet. The cardstock sheet they are attached to have your address on the back, the same way the enveloped is addressed...

We also only received one--months ago. Still waiting on DH's. :(

Update on our situation--- Finally called MS last night to inquire about DH's card. CM stated that his card was sent to our old address. (We moved last summer.) I am assuming that although I changed my address online, his was not changed in the system. (He does NOT have an online disney dvc account even though he is listed as owner.) So maybe check your address with MS? I will update if we do receive his card. :)

Update on our situation--- Finally called MS last night to inquire about DH's card. CM stated that his card was sent to our old address. (We moved last summer.) I am assuming that although I changed my address online, his was not changed in the system. (He does NOT have an online disney dvc account even though he is listed as owner.) So maybe check your address with MS? I will update if we do receive his card. :)
We have lived in this house for 43 years, so I don't think address is our issue. :rotfl2:

Ours finally came late last week (both together), along with a 25th anniversary brochure. We closed on our resale contract in late December. I'd considered calling in recent weeks, but never got around to it. So they are still trickling in on their own.

Just called (first time) & was told that b/c I requested them online at the beginning of April it is now taking 8 wks from the time I requested them. For real???

Man I'm glad I'm going to USO this year. Disney is pi$#ing me off.

I have just phoned DVC and they told me they should be here in 6 to 8 weeks!! That's a long time! Oh, and in case we don't receive them before going on vacation, we can ask for our cards in any DVC Resort... I have never heard about this. I told her we're flying from Europe to California, and we're going first to Disneyland and she said it'd be ok to get them at the Grand Californian. She said we can't get them at DVC kiosks but yes at DVC resorts, anyone knows if this is true?

Oh and she never heard about 25th anniversary mailing

I have just phoned DVC and they told me they should be here in 6 to 8 weeks!! That's a long time! Oh, and in case we don't receive them before going on vacation, we can ask for our cards in any DVC Resort... I have never heard about this. I told her we're flying from Europe to California, and we're going first to Disneyland and she said it'd be ok to get them at the Grand Californian. She said we can't get them at DVC kiosks but yes at DVC resorts, anyone knows if this is true?

Oh and she never heard about 25th anniversary mailing

Previously you could get them at several of the resorts but reports were that they stopped doing that when they began issuing the new cards. Perhaps they decided they needed to bring back the printers since they had such a mess with sending out the cards but the last reports on the boards were that you couldn't do that any longer.

We have not received new cards either. Old cards still accepted in CA and FL. If you need a new card quickly (trying to use old card and they want new card) you can download it from your smartphone from the DVC website very quickly. No one has insisted that we provide the new card yet.

To get digital card log into your DVC account. Click on "my DVC membership" tab at top. Then on left above sign out, click on "my membership card". Then scroll to "digital membership card" and follow instructions from there.

Last edited:
We finally received our new cards in the silver 25th anniversary envelope. I don't know when it actually arrived as we were out of the country for almost 4 weeks and we found it yesterday in the mound of mail we had waiting for us when we got home. I had ordered a replacement card before we left in mid April, because I wanted a card for our June trip. That card has not arrived.

Although the cards are pretty in a flashy sort of way, I think it is harder to read the number and that is inside, I can imagine it will be worse in the bright sun. I noticed that our names are engraved but the number isn't. I expect the number will wear off long before the expiration date.

Most of the cards are processed by an outside vendor from data provided by the DVC. They do it all, the cards, and mailing and I was told that they are processed in batches with a certain minimum needed to do a run. Some of the delay time is while they wait for the minimum to be met.

I was also told that the remote sales offices at the different resorts no longer print cards, prior to the new cards they were having issues printing the cards due to hardware, software, and operator problems.

:earsboy: Bill

Second update--DH received his card today in the mail! It only took 18 days after our phone call to MS.
It sure doesn't make sense that they are telling the rest of you 6-8 weeks! :confused3 And sometimes even taking that or longer!:rolleyes1

Second update--DH received his card today in the mail! It only took 18 days after our phone call to MS.
It sure doesn't make sense that they are telling the rest of you 6-8 weeks! :confused3 And sometimes even taking that or longer!:rolleyes1

Received my member number the middle of March. Still no card or member packet. Called twice about the card and told 6-8 weeks. Well, we are pushing 6+ weeks and nothing yet. Guess it looks like I'm in good company.

Received my member number the middle of March. Still no card or member packet. Called twice about the card and told 6-8 weeks. Well, we are pushing 6+ weeks and nothing yet. Guess it looks like I'm in good company.
Same here. No cards. No member packet. Member number received beginning of Feb. Multiple e-mails not answered, multiple phone calls.

I'm also get the sneaking suspicion that either the chat function never works (middle of the day), isn't an option on a cell or is only available in the US. Somebody know for sure?

Same here. No cards. No member packet. Member number received beginning of Feb. Multiple e-mails not answered, multiple phone calls.

I'm also get the sneaking suspicion that either the chat function never works (middle of the day), isn't an option on a cell or is only available in the US. Somebody know for sure?

Just got home tonight and the card was here! Yea!!! Still no packet, which I don't really care about, the member card was the important thing. My digital card said member since 2008, but the hard card has the correct dates. Maybe they just processed a big group and yours will be coming soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter