Have you ever run into anyone from your town at Disney?

In March 1994 I was at WDW with my high school band for Magic Music Days. I was in line with some friends waiting to get on the Skyway. We were looking for boys when we noticed a couple of really cute boys ahead of us in line. As we were looking at them I noticed the outline of the state of Texas with a Dragon in it on the side of the hats they were wearing with state champs written on back. I knew as soon as I saw that they were from Southlake, Texas. We played them in football and my cousin went to the school. We yelled at them over the 20-ish people between us and talked the entire wait until they got on. By the time we got off at Tomorrowland, they were waiting for us. The older one of the two remembered that he had seen me several times at marching band competitions with my cousin.

This last July 1st "the older one of the two" and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.

Last year we ran into a boy in my sons class. He must have been several cars behind us on the buzz ride. We were in the little shop at the end when we heard someone call his name.

We were in Animal Kingdom. Just got off the safari truck and there stood a colleague of mine with her family. And mind you, we live across the globe from WDW! We didn't realise we were vacationing at the same time and at the same place. Talk about 'It's a Small World'!

We had it happen twice. First was our trip in 92 we were staying at the beach club and went to get towels and tubes from the stand. My sister was wearing a t-shirt from a race she did where we live. The girl behind the counter who is on the phone looked at it and said are you from xyz. We said yes she got back on the phone and said mom there are people getting towels right now for xyz where here mom was and where she was from.

The second was in 95 my family was walking under the ball at epcot and our elementary school principal was walking by.

According to my DW, I can't go anywhere without running into someone I know. I think she believes this becuase I can go up to anyone and start a conversation about any topic.

One year my oldest dd saw one of her friends walking by in MK. We had taken her out of school, so it wasn't even a school break. Odd that the girls hadn't talked and neither knew the other was going, but it was really a "small world," when we saw them as we were walking by IASW! :cool2:

Sophomore year (summer of '93), we were visiting from Wisconsin, and we were in the Tiki Room. We turned around to leave, and standing behind us was my 7th grade history teacher. That was definitely a "small world" moment!

10 years of going we ran in to 1 family. This past trip we ran into 3 different families. 1 was a neighbor that we new was going, but had no plans to meet. Another family we had no idea was going and a 3rd was a girl my daughter goes to school with, though we don't know the family personally.

Yep! It was our very first trip December of 2008. We are from VA and were walking around the castle at MK during MVMCP and we almost ran right into a family from our town. The daughter was in my son's kindergarten class and so they were both missing the same week of school! LOL! We couldn't believe it that we actually ran into someone we knew all the way in Orlando. My son and their daughter just kept laughing at each other! They couldn't believe they had actually run into each other either! :lmao::rotfl2:

A few years back we were eating at Main Street Bakery and the people at the table next to us lived about 1/2 mile from us and the people on the other side of them lived about 2 miles from us! It was crazy, we just happened to say something about the mall in our town and the people next to us heard and commented and then the people next to them said something!
We have also run into people we know from town who happen to be there at the same time, which is always weird to see them in WDW!

Us too! We were in the lobby at BC and walked into a girl that goes to school with my daughter and her family. And we live in a relatively small town so it was pretty surprising!

Almost everytime we go we randomly run into people we know - our neighbors across the street, a co-worker of mine, lots of the kids' classmates - I don't think we've had a trip yet where we didn't bump into someone we know from MA!

A few years back we ran into our neighbors at Epcot. We had no idea we were going to be there at the same time. I also ran into someone I knew from back home while visiting Italy (the real Italy, not the country in Epcot!). Talk about a small world!

Three stories (2 Disney, 1 non-Disney)

1. Went on a cruise on the Magic. Sat with a great family with 2 kids. We had a great time together but never talked to them after the cruise. Next cruise, we show up for our 1st meal. At the table next to us were our friends from the last cruise. We had a great time again.
2. Every time we board the Disney Magic, John (server from India) yells out our name and delivers our drinks before we order them. He has a great memory (or we drink too much)
3. Non-Disney story (sort of). We were on the Magic again, in Cozumel. We stop at a beach to get our feet wet. While walking down the beach, we run into the family who lives across the street from us.

Small world and getting smaller!!

Last week at Yee Haw Bob show at Port Orleans Riverside we were chatting with the Phillies fans at the next table and after talking a bit found out the gentleman lived about a mile from us! Also ran into a cast member with my MIL's home town!

In March 1994 I was at WDW with my high school band for Magic Music Days. I was in line with some friends waiting to get on the Skyway. We were looking for boys when we noticed a couple of really cute boys ahead of us in line. As we were looking at them I noticed the outline of the state of Texas with a Dragon in it on the side of the hats they were wearing with state champs written on back. I knew as soon as I saw that they were from Southlake, Texas. We played them in football and my cousin went to the school. We yelled at them over the 20-ish people between us and talked the entire wait until they got on. By the time we got off at Tomorrowland, they were waiting for us. The older one of the two remembered that he had seen me several times at marching band competitions with my cousin.

This last July 1st "the older one of the two" and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.

Wow, how cool is that? Congrats! And, how great is it that it really is a small world! :goodvibes

I have run into friends, neighbors and co-workers many times at WDW. For several years, it was practically every trip, but (now that I think about it), I don't think I have seen anyone I know on the last couple trips.

I'm going to move this discussion over to the theme parks community board now (we missed it earlier, I guess, hehe).

About 10 or 15 years ago, I ran into the mayor of the city I grew up in. But it wasn't completely random. The cheerleaders from my city were competing and his daughter was one of the girls.

Last December, I had a photopass cast member who was from the town I currently live in, and it turns out my niece knows her nephew.

We are from the Uk and on 4 of our past trips we have run into people we know, but hadn't realised would be there the same time of us. Two occasions were at Seaworld, the other 2 in the Magic kingdom.
It actually became a standing joke, people were taking bets who we'd meet on our next trip.:rolleyes1
Strange thing is though,if you think about it with the size of the parks the chances of bumping into someone within that park must be millions to one. Neva mind a whole country. Must have a homing in device to fellow scousers !!(People from Liverpool):rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter