Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Wow, another surprise with the WDW offerings. This event is looking less and less exclusive. I have a friend on the East Coast who joked it was going to be cheaper for her just to buy the Funko Pop than have me ship it from the West Coast. It is nice to see an actual photo of it though. Sounds like these lots are huge to push them for WDW and the Villians after hours event. Ironic that they would share a photo of a food item for WDW, but leave us all in the dark. Maybe this really is intentional and not an oversight. My expectations have been thoroughly subverted. lol

It's looking more and more like it's going to be just the dozen or so Disers next week. ;)

I was thinking more about the merchandise offerings at WDW. With this now planned, isn't it possible that items could sell out during the event and be available at WDW the next day? Merchandise sales end at 10pm at the hotel, right? That doesn't sound like enough time to ship the leftovers for a WDW event at 7:30 eastern. I know some of the items are limited release or open editions, but things like the host a ghost is 999 total. That would mean they don't expect to sell out during the DL events, or they are holding merchandise for WDW.

Quick question- and I know this is one I should know already! how do we get our actual ticket for the event? I have never done a special event like this. Do we just check in in the ballroom and there is a list somewhere with our names on it and they give us something to enter the park then?

You'll check in at the Disneyland Hotel and they will issue you a credential which is basically the ticket. And possibly a wristband.

I was thinking more about the merchandise offerings at WDW. With this now planned, isn't it possible that items could sell out during the event and be available at WDW the next day? Merchandise sales end at 10pm at the hotel, right? That doesn't sound like enough time to ship the leftovers for a WDW event at 7:30 eastern. I know some of the items are limited release or open editions, but things like the host a ghost is 999 total. That would mean they don't expect to sell out during the DL events, or they are holding merchandise for WDW.
I hate to say this, but double check that. Remember, they originally said there were only 999 tickets a night......

We watched the Main Street Electrical Parade last night and we're really excited to see it again while we're there.

It started June 17, 1972. 47 years ago............

Wonder if there will be an event for that?..........

Oh, yeah, right, the Haunted Mansion event.......

Universal's building a new park in Florida!

I don't know if anyone can confirm this, but I have been told that the madame leota pop for the event is glow in the dark and the one they are selling in the park is not glow in the dark.

I would love an answer from Disney as to why there are items listed on eBay that include photos of RSP items sitting on the shelves at Momento Mori. Why there are people who have photos of themselves holding the merchandise either standing in front of the attraction, or at their home.

The first party is still 4 days away. How is the merch for a Disneyland party already out in Florida?

I would love an answer from Disney as to why there are items listed on eBay that include photos of RSP items sitting on the shelves at Momento Mori. Why there are people who have photos of themselves holding the merchandise either standing in front of the attraction, or at their home.

The first party is still 4 days away. How is the merch for a Disneyland party already out in Florida?

Anything that was marked open edition or limited release, I assume is fair game for release at both parks. I expected these items to be at DL for everyone by Friday. But yeah, this "WDW already has it out" is BS. And does not encourage me to fly out for another event.

like these

None of that is special merchandise for the event though, is it? It was just part of the offering to already have it bought by those attending. And there is always a possibility of some items selling out so we had first dibs. Unless it was a limited edition I always assumed that it was an item that would be available for sale to any and all.

Yes, but having it available before the anniversary events is just bad sportsmanship.

I'm now thinking the longest line may be for returns after all. I didn't want to let anything go until I was able to see it. Why didn't they send actual photos if the items were ready to be in stock?

Yes, but having it available before the anniversary events is just bad sportsmanship.

I'm now thinking the longest line may be for returns after all. I didn't want to let anything go until I was able to see it. Why didn't they send actual photos if the items were ready to be in stock?
I will have things to return. I bought a t shirt and sweatshirt and I’m sure I’ll be returning one of them.

Pin #20 intrigues me.

This metal cloisonné pin represents
The Haunted Mansion attraction 50th anniversary
and features a tombstone with a ghost
popping up from the grave.​

Does this mean that the ghost literally pops up, or is it a 2 dimension pin that depicts a ghost popping up?

It looks like #21 is a stained glass pin. We'll see.

We bought some stuff for people in Florida, everybody though it was exclusive to Disneyland at the least. Now we'll be returning it because they have annual passes to WDW, and it costs alot to ship stuff cross country.

Here's hoping that Wednesday we get lots of pics.

We bought the shag shirt and the pins that I would be interested in seeing pics of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter