Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Huh. That link came through funny.

I hope it’s more than a shopping trip that costs $300 to get into.

I went into this expecting it to be all about merch. If I get a treat and ride with my purse and tchotchkes, I'll be happy. Although, I really wish the HM exhibit at The Gallery were available for viewing.

I guess it's a good thing they took out all those planters so that there will be enough room for us to all stand around and do nothing........

feeling somewhat defeated.

I'm going solo as well and would be happy to meet up in Disneyland if you get lonely. You can DM me and I'll give you phone number.

Hi Pamela!

I was going to send you a PM about meeting up for the event but either I can't figure it out, or it won't let me because of how many posts I have! Any way you could send me a PM first and we can connect that way? Thanks!! :-)

Hi Pamela!

I was going to send you a PM about meeting up for the event but either I can't figure it out, or it won't let me because of how many posts I have! Any way you could send me a PM first and we can connect that way? Thanks!! :-)
Hi- I can’t figure out either. I do think it has to do with the amount of posts you have. I’m on Instagram pameladisneyfan- you can send me a message there.

Well I was able to place my order after the RSP deadline...I order the ears and two tees (Day of Shirt & 50th Logo Shirt)...hopefully they will have some of the pins available to sell at the event, maybe the Day Of pin....I haven't decided if I should wear my HM cast member outfit tee or the HM pass holder tee that came out earlier this year...I'll be going solo as well...flying in on Thursday morning for the event and then hanging thru Saturday afternoon to fly back home...I CAN'T WAIT!!!

It doesn't appear that more information is going to be forthcoming, so I guess we'll all just have to see if it is one of those things that turns out to be great, something you wish you hadn't jumped on in your excitement about a special event, or something in between, ha ha.

We're throwing together some thrift store stuff to 'evoke the feeling' of HM. It has been a lot of fun, I have to admit. But I'm a little unsure how to dress since we have the ballroom pictures and then the actual event later. Do we dress in all of our finery for the ballroom pics? Then do we wear that all day and into the wee hours? Or go back to the hotel and change, then put on our HM outfits again, or go more casual for the nighttime? This isn't as straightforward as I thought it would be :D

I'm happy to see the ear hat I ordered is pretty cute. I'm wondering about the camp shirt, because I came very close to getting that as well. The pictures of the merchandise RSP were awful. The ears don't look much like the drawing; there's no color in the drawing so I'm wondering the camp shirt is the same. Anyway, I'm going to wait for the event since I'm sure they'll have plenty of things for us to buy there and we can actually see it :rolleyes:

It doesn't appear that more information is going to be forthcoming, so I guess we'll all just have to see if it is one of those things that turns out to be great, something you wish you hadn't jumped on in your excitement about a special event, or something in between, ha ha.

We're throwing together some thrift store stuff to 'evoke the feeling' of HM. It has been a lot of fun, I have to admit. But I'm a little unsure how to dress since we have the ballroom pictures and then the actual event later. Do we dress in all of our finery for the ballroom pics? Then do we wear that all day and into the wee hours? Or go back to the hotel and change, then put on our HM outfits again, or go more casual for the nighttime? This isn't as straightforward as I thought it would be :D

I'm happy to see the ear hat I ordered is pretty cute. I'm wondering about the camp shirt, because I came very close to getting that as well. The pictures of the merchandise RSP were awful. The ears don't look much like the drawing; there's no color in the drawing so I'm wondering the camp shirt is the same. Anyway, I'm going to wait for the event since I'm sure they'll have plenty of things for us to buy there and we can actually see it :rolleyes:
I feel the same way about the camp shirt. It looked like it would be black, but so did the ear hat and now the ear hat looks blue / purple....

Not wanting to be Mr negative, but while I'm at it.....

Why is the phone case only for an iphone 8? no other phone, and not even the current iphone?

Now it looks like most everything but a few pins will even be released at Walt Disney World on the 9th....

A 3 hour special merchandise event with 4 rides open and most of the "special" merchandise available outside the event.

This really gets me. I expected most of the merchandise to be sold at DL, nature of the beast. But I added a few things to my RSP for my Dad. He lives in Orlando and is eligible for a CM discount. So it's cheaper for him to just go to the park and buy things himself. And now I have to hassle with returning things at the event.

I have a feeling this event is going to be a bust. Only upside I can see at this point would be if they let us stay on the Haunted Mansion ride for a minimum of three times around. :charac2:

Or Indy or Big Thunder. I remember WDW E-ticket nights when we would ride Buzz Lightyear around and around and around without getting off. It was a lot of fun. Of course, that only cost $10 not $300.

I had wondered myself some about how to navigate wearing my costume but wearing my normal clothes for the rest of the day at the park. I decided what I will do is just rent a locker on the Esplanade and have all of my things in there and be able to change outfits much easier if needed.

Quick question- and I know this is one I should know already! how do we get our actual ticket for the event? I have never done a special event like this. Do we just check in in the ballroom and there is a list somewhere with our names on it and they give us something to enter the park then?

Hi Pamela!

Hi- I can’t figure out either. I do think it has to do with the amount of posts you have. I’m on Instagram pameladisneyfan- you can send me a message there.

In order to send a private message (called a conversation here) you have to have 10 posts and the person you are sending a message to also has to have 10. After that, you can simply hover your mouse over the person's name beside a post and one of the options is "Start Conversation".

Voila! :)

I have a feeling this event is going to be a bust. Only upside I can see at this point would be if they let us stay on the Haunted Mansion ride for a minimum of three times around. :charac2:

I have NO idea what to expect from this event ( NONE of us do! since they have been so vague) but I m really trying to stay optimistic and at least am looking forward to enjoying the park (atlas part of it anyways- and my favorite part NOS) with it being nearly empty, which gives you much better opportunity to enjoy the ambiance and the atmosphere of the park and having a near dead park which never happens anymore.

I personally am wondering about the food offerings though because I have quite a few dietary restrictions so I would be quite disappointed if I was not even able to use my 4 food vouchers due to them not having things available I could eat!

Quick question- and I know this is one I should know already! how do we get our actual ticket for the event? I have never done a special event like this. Do we just check in in the ballroom and there is a list somewhere with our names on it and they give us something to enter the park then?

That is how I understand it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter