Has anyone successfully taken pictures of fireworks with their Digital Rebel XT?

Kelly,

How long was the shutter, or did you let the camera set it, I think that's the AV mode. Did you use a tripod.

The one with red colours is f/13, shutter: 2 sec, Manual Mode, on tripod, ISO100

The one with vignette is actually f/4.5 (not 3.5 as I thought), 1/60 sec shutter, Av mode, hand held, ISO100

(edited, it's supposed to be Manual Mode for the red fireworks pic, not Av)

Kelly Grannell said:
465323ad.jpg

WOW is right. :worship: Will I be able to take fireworks pics half this good with my new Canon S2 IS?

makinorlando said:
WOW is right. :worship: Will I be able to take fireworks pics half this good with my new Canon S2 IS?

I'm sure you can. You just need to do the following:

1. Know by heart the lag of your camera shutter
2. Know by heart when the 'next' fireworks are going to be shot (memorize the song, sequence and rhythm)
3. The use of IR remote shutter release is highly recommended
4. The use of tripod is a must
5. Find a spot at least 1 hour prior to Wishes is also a must

or you can skip addendum 1, 2 and 3, set your S2IS to Fireworks mode, and keep snapping regardless of rhythm and sequence, you'll bound to get an acceptable pic like mine too. :teeth: After all, it took me about 20 shots just to get 5 acceptable shots :rotfl2:

Kelly Grannell said:
I'm sure you can. You just need to do the following:

1. Know by heart the lag of your camera shutter
2. Know by heart when the 'next' fireworks are going to be shot (memorize the song, sequence and rhythm)
3. The use of IR remote shutter release is highly recommended
4. The use of tripod is a must
5. Find a spot at least 1 hour prior to Wishes is also a must

or you can skip addendum 1, 2 and 3, set your S2IS to Fireworks mode, and keep snapping regardless of rhythm and sequence, you'll bound to get an acceptable pic like mine too. :teeth: After all, it took me about 20 shots just to get 5 acceptable shots :rotfl2:

Oh yeah - a fireworks mode!!

A tripod was part of the deal, so that is a good thing. We are staying at the Beach Club next Friday night, so Illuminations will be my first chance at fireworks - not as familiar with them as Wishes. I should have orderd a remote shutter release... I guess I will got to Best Buy and get one of them!!!

Thanks for the tip! Good thing about living in Orlando, I know I can go back another night and try again!

Thanks again!

:thanks:

S2IS doesn't have it? That's a strange move from Canon's part. the S1IS have the IR sensor. Sometimes I don't understand business model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter