Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Are reservations showing up consistently at 6:00 EDT/3:00 PDT at the 60 days mark for DLR? The two of us are going last week in August and starting to think about reservations. Has anyone used booking services before? All my life we walked up to BB etc., but it seems that is a thing of the past? Maybe with just two we would have some luck but I think having reservations makes sense if possible.

Are reservations showing up consistently at 6:00 EDT/3:00 PDT at the 60 days mark for DLR? The two of us are going last week in August and starting to think about reservations. Has anyone used booking services before? All my life we walked up to BB etc., but it seems that is a thing of the past? Maybe with just two we would have some luck but I think having reservations makes sense if possible.
This week is only time I've been trying. They have opened at 6 am Pacific on the dot, which thankfully is 8 am where I am in the Central Time Zone. There have been some reports of the WOC dessert party dropping at 3 am Pacific, but I haven't seen anything else dropping early.

I did check and refresh earlier than 6 am Pacific, since I was up, but just got an error. I was using both browser and app.

Last edited:
I would go for the dessert party first and then the princess breakfast, but hopefully you can get both!

I also know what you mean about 'odd' numbered reservations. You might even have more success looking for 6 instead of 5 - I found several for 8 when I only needed 7, but 7 wouldn't show me anything.

I noticed that the "Tropical Hideaway" has the other flavors available for the dole whip......I know ..what? But I have one grandkid that does not eat pineapple, and would probably jump on the watermelon flavor. I had thought of mobile ordering them a snack before tiki room, but it looks like they don't mobile order, and the one that does in the area only has the one flavor. I'll check out the lines, of course when we are there, but have heard they were super long.

Thought we could check it out somewhere else if available.

I noticed that the "Tropical Hideaway" has the other flavors available for the dole whip......I know ..what? But I have one grandkid that does not eat pineapple, and would probably jump on the watermelon flavor. I had thought of mobile ordering them a snack before tiki room, but it looks like they don't mobile order, and the one that does in the area only has the one flavor. I'll check out the lines, of course when we are there, but have heard they were super long.

Thought we could check it out somewhere else if available.

The flavors at TH change. In addition to pineapple, it was mango and cherry in April and mango and watermelon in May. The line can get pretty long, but it tends to move relatively quickly.

Hoping for some feedback re booking the premium dining (tables) at RBT for Fantasmic

For those of you who have had success booking, what time did you obtain it…from app or website or ?
Please share your experience

I would go for the dessert party first and then the princess breakfast, but hopefully you can get both!

I also know what you mean about 'odd' numbered reservations. You might even have more success looking for 6 instead of 5 - I found several for 8 when I only needed 7, but 7 wouldn't show me anything.
Thanks, I'll set another alert for 6 people and see what happens. None at all for 5 or 6 right now, only saw table for 2 at 4:15, that would be a little early anyway.

Well, so far so good, sort of. We are a party of 5, so I dont know if that causes issues at some places as I know tables for 2 or 4 are more plentiful.

But so far I've been able to get
8/1 Dinner reservations on arrival day for Goofys Ktichen 6:30 pm

8/2 1st park day (starting at DL) Lunch reservations for Cafe Orleans 1:00, Dinner at Naples Ristorante DTD at 6:00

8/3 2nd park day(starting a DCA) Breakfast reservation at Storytellers at 7:30, and dinner at La Brea Bakery 6:15.

But the sort of comes in is that the LA Brea reservation is only for 4. It's a party of 2 adults and 3 kids, so we can squeeze together no problem with an extra chair, or even a kid in my lap. Do you think it will be an issue if I show up with an extra kid?

I've got alerts set for a 5 res opening up or even a 3 and 2 person . But there isnt anything in the 6 -630 range showing up. In fact I beat the dining alerts this morning, had I not clicked right when they opened up I wouldn't have gotten what I did.

Tomorrow is my stressful morning. I need a princess adventure breakfast and a WOC dessert party.
How did you do? Get the WOC dessert party and Princess breakfast? 💖

We had some schizophrenic planning this morning , as I really had no concrete plans besides spending the evening at GE.

So, decided on Olgas at 6:45, so we get out just as the sun is setting on Batuu.

We have planned a mid day , sit down break each day. for this day we choose LaBrea….not sure haw that will go

1. Got a 8am Plaza Breakfast, Will they let us in early to get there on time?

2. Park hours at DL for the week show 9-9??? Is that going to change? First week of August?

How did you do? Get the WOC dessert party and Princess breakfast? 💖
Got them both! Princess Breakfast at 8:20am World of Color check in 8 pm.
My dining alert was my alarm this morning at 4 am for the dessert party! But it made it less stressful, since they dropped at two different times, 4am and 8am Central Time. It will be a fun last day at the parks.

Got them both! Princess Breakfast at 8:20am World of Color check in 8 pm.
My dining alert was my alarm this morning at 4 am for the dessert party! But it made it less stressful, since they dropped at two different times, 4am and 8am Central Time. It will be a fun last day at the parks.
Yes!!!! Strong work!

We had some schizophrenic planning this morning , as I really had no concrete plans besides spending the evening at GE.

So, decided on Olgas at 6:45, so we get out just as the sun is setting on Batuu.

We have planned a mid day , sit down break each day. for this day we choose LaBrea….not sure haw that will go

1. Got a 8am Plaza Breakfast, Will they let us in early to get there on time?

2. Park hours at DL for the week show 9-9??? Is that going to change? First week of August?
9-9?
That must need to be updated soon? Usually 8am-midnight

About the 9-9 park hours but a reservation for 8..

Just a thought/starting the rumor wheel..

There used to be plaza inn reservations before park officially opened and there was a special line for it at the gates. One wonders if with early entry coming back if we aren't seeing that to be reflected in dinning times at plaza inn.

During the week between Christmas and new years we would use our one magic morning day and then on another day we made a before park open plaza inn reservation which got us scanned in early which gave us the ability to start using maxpass before the masses... it also gave some good empty park pictures if you were quick about it..

What would folks say are the hardest reservations right now? We are still 4 months away from our trip but WOC dessert, blue bayou, princess breakfast, lamplight are on our list.

About the 9-9 park hours but a reservation for 8..

Just a thought/starting the rumor wheel..

There used to be plaza inn reservations before park officially opened and there was a special line for it at the gates. One wonders if with early entry coming back if we aren't seeing that to be reflected in dinning times at plaza inn.

During the week between Christmas and new years we would use our one magic morning day and then on another day we made a before park open plaza inn reservation which got us scanned in early which gave us the ability to start using maxpass before the masses... it also gave some good empty park pictures if you were quick about it..
Hmm. I went ahead and made a 8 am reservation at Plaza Inn for our first day at least temporarily. I had planned to just eat in our hotel room, because I know that my grandkids will be up early, with the time zone change plus excitement. I figured we might as well feed them, then hit the parks at 8, because once we get there in the park, I didn't think they would be interested in food, which would lead to hangry griping later. But if we can eat before park open, and avoid a lot of the scan in chaos at the gates, that would be sweet.

I'm curious how you get a dining alert? Do you set that in the Disney ap?

Well over in MK, we would do CRT and in Epcot Princess breakfast JUST to get into the parks earlier. Its a VERY successful strategy for being ahead of the crowds for the bug rides there…..worked like a charm everytime.

So , With Plaza, I was hoping to get into the park at 7:30 for the 8am breakfast, mostly for some non crowded pictures, but also to start the day with food in us, as the other rope drip days, I have no idea what to do for breakfast….

Suggestions welcome.

I am not very tech savy so would also like some information on how to set a dining alert. Do you use a specific app? I have a trip planned in November and want to be sure I get some of my dining priorities and appreciate any tips on getting them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter