• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happily ever after tips?

FYI, I believe that fenced in area in front of Casey’s will soon be reserved for the CL guests who purchase the new additional FP+ and reserved viewing area packages. We had planned on trying to use this area for our spring trip but will now need to come up with a new plan.
Does anyone know when this is supposed to start? Sunday is our first day in the parks and I'm planning to see HEA that day. Want to go early to stake out a spot but don't want to find out after being there for 30 mins that we will be asked to move.

TIA!

Robo's maps are great. Here's my suggestion. Within the green areas around the hub, some of the walkways are fenced. We stake out a spot with our backs to the fence right where the path from Tomorrow Land meets the hub. The CMs will tape down the middle to enforce a walkway. We find a spot with a narrow margin. We get there about 45-60 min early. While a couple of us sit down to hold the area, a couple go get snacks and drinks. We settle in and enjoy a nice snack and once the show starts, we stand and have a good view, without the anxiety of the people behind us....since we are against the fence.

Unfortunately even this doesn't always work. My family did the same thing in Nov, and as the time drew closer, people filled in the walkway. CMs were not around to keep it clear, so we ended up with people right in front of us and putting kids on their shoulders.

Unfortunately even this doesn't always work. My family did the same thing in Nov, and as the time drew closer, people filled in the walkway. CMs were not around to keep it clear, so we ended up with people right in front of us and putting kids on their shoulders.
At a certain point, maybe ten minutes before the show, the CM seemed to stop trying the keep the walkways clear, and they just let people fill in.

We stupidly tried to cross the Hub from Adventureland to Tomorrowland, 15 minutes before the show started. Someone had told me that the bridge to Tomorrowland wasn't too crazy and had an okay view for the show. We got almost to the bridge, and then the path was completely full. We literally couldn't move anywhere, so we stood there and watched the show, shoulder to shoulder. My youngest didn't have the greatest view, because everyone was standing, but it was okay. But people were super stressed. People who had been trying to walk couldn't get where they were going, and others were mad that we were stuck standing in front of them.

I know seeing the show the way it's meant to be seen is best but can you still enjoy HEA at all if you watch from CA Grille or behind the castle?

We always watched Wishes from the CA Grille deck or used that time to enjoy attractions while everyone else was crammed on Main Street. Can we have the best of both worlds and do that still? Or do we really have to have to stake our claim in front of the castle?

We have booked the dessert party the past 3 trips to avoid staking out a spot an hour before. So much less stressful then fighting the crowds. We did the Plaza Garden dessert party this year and we loved it. The view from there is great.

My opinion is perhaps unpopular. I've enjoyed the show from the hub, halfway down Main Street, and on the dock at the TTC.

1. The hub gets you very close to the projections, but the trade-off is a very crowded and potentially stressful situation. You definitely need to get there early (or purchase a premium viewing package). Aside from the wait and the crowds, I felt a bit too close to the projections in the hub. There's so much going on and the projections dominate the action so much, that people complained that it was impossible to focus on the castle and the fireworks. It felt like complete sensory overload.

2. Watching from halfway down Main Street gives you a beautiful view of the show, with the castle perfectly framed and centered by the iconic buildings on each side. This was the perfect balance between projections and fireworks. Even on a busy summer day (during the first week of the show, no less!) we were able to pick out a spot just 15 minutes before the show (making sure we didn't block people behind us), and there was plenty of elbow room to be relaxed. Instead of waiting for 30-60 minutes (or longer) to get a spot, this was definitely worth it. And the projections are clear and crisp, and the fireworks were not off-center (like they would be from many angles in the hub). Also, they were not blocked by any trees. I dare say this is better than the hub, though I know many will disagree with me. Also, standing further back from the castle makes the fireworks look bigger, giving them a bigger role in the show.

3. Watching from the TTC was such a treat! I recommend everyone do this at least once during a visit to WDW. Not as a substitute for watching in the park, but as a completely new experience. I've heard that Happily Ever After actually has more fireworks than Wishes, but the projection show is so dominant, people don't realize it. The nice thing about the TTC is that they pipe in the music, it's utterly uncrowded. Also, from this distance, the fireworks look enormous! If you don't believe me, look up videos from YouTube and you'll see how amazing it is. You can't really enjoy the projections, but seeing the fireworks looping far above the castle, with sparkling reflections in the water as the ferries ply the lagoon, is so magical and worth doing imho. Especially if you're a romantic.

My opinion is perhaps unpopular. I've enjoyed the show from the hub, halfway down Main Street, and on the dock at the TTC.

2. Watching from halfway down Main Street gives you a beautiful view of the show, with the castle perfectly framed and centered by the iconic buildings on each side. This was the perfect balance between projections and fireworks. Even on a busy summer day (during the first week of the show, no less!) we were able to pick out a spot just 15 minutes before the show (making sure we didn't block people behind us), and there was plenty of elbow room to be relaxed. Instead of waiting for 30-60 minutes (or longer) to get a spot, this was definitely worth it. And the projections are clear and crisp, and the fireworks were not off-center (like they would be from many angles in the hub). Also, they were not blocked by any trees. I dare say this is better than the hub, though I know many will disagree with me. Also, standing further back from the castle makes the fireworks look bigger, giving them a bigger role in the show.

Very interested in this. Do you have any landmarks you could reference to give me an idea of a good spot halfway down main st would be?

As mentioned above, do the dessert party with Plaza Garden view and you will thank yourself after. No more staking out a spot an hour early. No more battling the crowds. No more having to deal with rude guests who come at the last minute and squeeze into that tiny empty space in front of you, or put their toddler on their shoulders at the last minute so that you can't see anything.

Show up at the party, have a nice relaxing time stuffing your face with sugary delights that have no nutritional value, then roll yourself (because you are so stuffed you can barely move) to the reserved area to watch HEA. You can actually SIT to watch it in the reserved area. When it's over, you can sit for a while until the crowd disperses somewhat. It is wonderful.

I will throw out another unpopular opinion...skip it. I realize I am in the minority, but I don't find HEA that great and I love fireworks. Personally, I would take advantage of the lower crowds for riding. We also watch just the fireworks from the fountain near Gaston's Tavern, we get to sit down and there is literally no one around us.

I know seeing the show the way it's meant to be seen is best but can you still enjoy HEA at all if you watch from CA Grille or behind the castle?

We always watched Wishes from the CA Grille deck or used that time to enjoy attractions while everyone else was crammed on Main Street. Can we have the best of both worlds and do that still? Or do we really have to have to stake our claim in front of the castle?

You will not be able to see the projections if you are not somewhat close to the castle. Personally, I think it is over rated but JMO. I think it is perfectly fine to watch elsewhere or to skip it entirely and enjoy other attractions.

How early before the HEA fireworks begin do you have to be in order to get a spot in the old FP viewing area (lawn area). I know the other side is reserved for the dessert party so I am assuming arrive 45-60 minutes prior to showtime. Wasn't sure if a lot of people know about this area.

How early before the HEA fireworks begin do you have to be in order to get a spot in the old FP viewing area (lawn area). I know the other side is reserved for the dessert party so I am assuming arrive 45-60 minutes prior to showtime. Wasn't sure if a lot of people know about this area.
We did this over Christmas and arrived an hour early. The area really began to fill in around 45 minutes before. However, as mentioned earlier this area will be a new VIP area for CL guests who have purchased the extra FP package. I would not plan to use this area after February.

Very interested in this. Do you have any landmarks you could reference to give me an idea of a good spot halfway down main st would be?

Great question, I believe we ended up somewhere between Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) and Crystal Arts, which is basically where the crowds were loose enough that day where the crowds were a bit less packed than up front, and we could find a spot without disturbing anyone who had lined up for a while.

So we were maybe not precisely at the halfway point, but a little forward from there. I'm not sure that this is the exact "sweet spot" -- for as you can see there are many different opinions here -- but we were really happy with it.

Does anyone know when this is supposed to start? Sunday is our first day in the parks and I'm planning to see HEA that day. Want to go early to stake out a spot but don't want to find out after being there for 30 mins that we will be asked to move.

TIA!

FYI, the CL paid Extra FP/Reserved Viewing trial program starts 3/13/2018, so nothing to worry about for your trip.

Also FWIW, while yes, Disney has said the reserved viewing spot for that program will be the Plaza Garden West in front of Casey’s, I have a hard time believing they will be reserving the whole garden for this purpose. I don’t think there’s any way the guest count will be enough for the whole garden. I suspect it will be a smaller roped off portion of the garden.

Thanks all! You've soothed me enough to trust that I'll be happy watching HEA from CA Grille or TTC or [my absolute favorite in the whole world] while on Dumbo!

Thanks all! You've soothed me enough to trust that I'll be happy watching HEA from CA Grille or TTC or [my absolute favorite in the whole world] while on Dumbo!
If watching from the area by Casey’s, how difficult is it to try to go back to Adventureland against the flow of traffic after the show ends? Is the walkway to Fantsyland really that bad of a view to see the projections? That was my other idea for a location with a hopefully easy access back to some rides after the fireworks. BTW, the park closes at 9pm the night we are there and HEA is at 7:55pm.
I am looking for a happy balance with a decent view of the projections followed by trying to get back to attractions afterwards without being trompeled.

If watching from the area by Casey’s, how difficult is it to try to go back to Adventureland against the flow of traffic after the show ends? Is the walkway to Fantsyland really that bad of a view to see the projections? That was my other idea for a location with a hopefully easy access back to some rides after the fireworks. BTW, the park closes at 9pm the night we are there and HEA is at 7:55pm.
I am looking for a happy balance with a decent view of the projections followed by trying to get back to attractions afterwards without being trompeled.

Fleeing into Adventureland from the Casey’s area is going to be one of the easier escape routes, but there’s a lot of people around no matter where you go, so just be prepared.

Which walkway to Fantasyland are you referring to?

Fleeing into Adventureland from the Casey’s area is going to be one of the easier escape routes, but there’s a lot of people around no matter where you go, so just be prepared.

Which walkway to Fantasyland are you referring to?

My husband and I are both pretty tall so that helps a little.
In regards to the walkway question, probably the one to the right of the castle that heads towards Mad Tea Party/7DMT.

My husband and I are both pretty tall so that helps a little.
In regards to the walkway question, probably the one to the right of the castle that heads towards Mad Tea Party/7DMT.

Ahh, ok. If I’m in near Casey’s, trying to cross the hub to the Fantasyland bridge is probably not my first choice. Just too much against the flow. Doable, but takes time. I think heading into Adventureland will be your easiest and quickest path to rides.

Good luck!

Thank you! What is we want to go to Fantsyland rides? Viewing from the Fantsyland bridge anygood? I saw I map that showed it wasn’t good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter