Happily ever after tips?

jackiep9

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about seeing the Happily Ever After fireworks at Magic Kingdom on our upcoming trip. Is it just fireworks that you can watch from anywhere in the park, or do we have to be in a certain location to see a whole show? Any tips on where to go to best see it?

The show includes fireworks and projections on the castle. To get the best experience, you need to be in front of the castle. There are several good viewing locations in the hub. It is a phenomenal show, I recommend taking the time to see it.

I highly recommend looking through Robo's posts with strategy maps. Unbelievable tips and advice on parade and show viewing, along with other invaluable information.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wdw-maps-by-robo.3545729/

My suggestion would be to find a spot near the Walt and Mickey statue, and set up just behind a fence that surrounds some of the mini park sections. That way the crowd creep doesn't sneak or cram into a spot in front of you and block your view.

It is so good!! I am not a huge fan of fireworks, but I love Happily Ever After. It is definitely worth seeing.

HEA is amazing! It’s very projection heavy, as PPs have said, so you do need a frontal view, and not too close or you’ll miss the whole picture and not too far or you’ll miss the details. The dessert party is great, and you don’t have to stake out a spot that way obviously, but it’s expensive. But definitely see it, it’s the perfect way to end a MK day

We had a rough experience in front of the castle.

We watched HEA during a trip to Disney in August. I think we were there the night of the 21st. We walked over from Tomorrowland to find a place to view, and had a really difficult time. We didn't get into a spot early- we had been on a ride just before, so had very few options for viewing. Basically, poor planning on our part. But, cast members were trying to clear the streets and kept telling us, "you can't be here", but it was literally so crowded we couldn't get anywhere- even away from the viewing area! We should have done an about face and walked back into Tomorrowland, but we were initially trying to go away from that area. In hindsight, it would have been a way to escape the thick crowds, but we would have sacrificed the show. By the time we walked a little further into the crowd, we were pretty much trapped (aside from heading to park exits), so tried to make the best of it. We did end up on the corner end of the block where the ice cream parlor is (forget the name). A nice couple from Manhattan let us squeeze in with them. We were able to see OK from here. It was very stressful, though. If they didn't let us squeeze in, we would have been pushed to the exit by the cast members.

Once the show was over, we wanted to walk deeper back into the park since we were not planning to leave until the last kiss goodnight, but there are so many cast members ushering the crowds towards the park exits, it was almost impossible. At one point, a cast member was literally blocking our path from returning into the park and said to me, "you can't come this way- need to keep moving in that direction" (pointing towards exit direction). I pointed out that the park was not closed and we were not leaving, so did not want to follow the huge crowds down there. I understand why he wanted us to keep moving- the crowds were so insane. But we were also not being pushed out early. We drove 20+ hours to do this vacation- no way were we leaving early! I was seeing that Kiss Goodnight! Somehow we managed to fight through the crowd across Main Street with our strollers (disaster) and get back to the path over by Crystal Palace. Once we reached that area, it was crickets. We were totally fine and we were able to head back into the park via Adventureland. In case you are wondering why we didn't just stay put in our spot until the crowd thinned- we couldn't. CM's were clearing the area and we had no choice but move. Just not in the direction they wanted us to move. :-)

Moral of the story- have a plan and find a spot early! If you are planning to leave the park right after the show then it's probably fine to watch from in front of the castle. If you want to stay later, find a viewing area where you can make a reasonable escape back into the park (and when you find that spot please share it with me!). Another thing I thought after was that we could have just ducked into a store on Main Street until the major crowds thinned, but that would have eaten up a lot of time. Not sure I will watch HEA again, but if I do I think I will try the Adventureland side of the park for viewing.

Good luck!

We were at MK for the first ever showing of HEA in May and it was crazy! We thought it would get better but we have visited three times since May and it is crazy every time. If your whole body does not fit into a taped area, you will be told to move on by a CM. No exceptions!

Your best strategy is to check out Robo's post as recommended above. Then plan to find your viewing spot around 8:15 (for 9:00 show). We had the best luck in the former FP+ viewing area in front of Casey's Corner. We camped out on the side closest to the castle, right along the railing so the kids would be able to see. The roped off VIP viewing area happened to be right in front of us so that helped to keep our view clear.

Grab a spot with a clear view of the castle and then make sure everyone uses the restroom (conveniently also right there next to Casey's). Then just wait for the show! Bonus to this area - you are "protected" from the crowd movement when the show ends and fairly close to Adventureland if you want to try and get back to some attractions.

We were at MK for the first ever showing of HEA in May and it was crazy! We thought it would get better but we have visited three times since May and it is crazy every time. If your whole body does not fit into a taped area, you will be told to move on by a CM. No exceptions!

Your best strategy is to check out Robo's post as recommended above. Then plan to find your viewing spot around 8:15 (for 9:00 show). We had the best luck in the former FP+ viewing area in front of Casey's Corner. We camped out on the side closest to the castle, right along the railing so the kids would be able to see. The roped off VIP viewing area happened to be right in front of us so that helped to keep our view clear.

Grab a spot with a clear view of the castle and then make sure everyone uses the restroom (conveniently also right there next to Casey's). Then just wait for the show! Bonus to this area - you are "protected" from the crowd movement when the show ends and fairly close to Adventureland if you want to try and get back to some attractions.

Can I ask how far ahead of the show did you camp out at this spot?

I remember looking at my watch once we were settled and it said 8:22. We had our pick of spots at that time. This was during New Year's week. It didn't take long for things to start filing up and was really crowded by 8:45.

We had the best luck in the former FP+ viewing area in front of Casey's Corner. We camped out on the side closest to the castle, right along the railing so the kids would be able to see. The roped off VIP viewing area happened to be right in front of us so that helped to keep our view clear.

We sat in this same location last week for OUAT and HEA, it was perfect. We got there about 6:30 for OUAT at 7:30 and HEA at 8. It wasn't crowded at all, and didn't get really full until the last 15 minutes before OUAT started. We were just two adults, so we went to the back so we could stand/perch on the back fence. Everyone else sat in front of us so we had a perfect view.

FYI, I believe that fenced in area in front of Casey’s will soon be reserved for the CL guests who purchase the new additional FP+ and reserved viewing area packages. We had planned on trying to use this area for our spring trip but will now need to come up with a new plan.

Is it pretty much impossible to find anywhere last minute? We will have a 2 year old with us who will most likely be overtired by that time, so can't stay in one spot for an hour before. As we are a group of two families I'm wondering if we should plan to see it on two separate nights rather than all together

Is it pretty much impossible to find anywhere last minute? We will have a 2 year old with us who will most likely be overtired by that time, so can't stay in one spot for an hour before. As we are a group of two families I'm wondering if we should plan to see it on two separate nights rather than all together

It has been impossible for us last minute when we've tried. My tries were on the premiere night in May, Thanksgiving week and New Year's week. Less busy times may be better. If your 2 year old will nap in the stroller, the wait would be a great time for it!

We were able to watch a fair amount of the show from the train station this past trip. We were hopping to MK and arrived just as HEA was starting so that was our only option. It was better than nothing but the projections are hard to see and you are trapped there while the crowds run for the exits after the show. I guess this works in your favor if you are heading for the exit anyways!

We also watched the big fireworks from outside of Gaston's Tavern. You can just walk up to see them there - and they are very impressive! The music is playing but no view of the projections and only a glimpse of Tink.

It has been impossible for us last minute when we've tried. My tries were on the premiere night in May, Thanksgiving week and New Year's week. Less busy times may be better. If your 2 year old will nap in the stroller, the wait would be a great time for it!

We were able to watch a fair amount of the show from the train station this past trip. We were hopping to MK and arrived just as HEA was starting so that was our only option. It was better than nothing but the projections are hard to see and you are trapped there while the crowds run for the exits after the show. I guess this works in your favor if you are heading for the exit anyways!

We also watched the big fireworks from outside of Gaston's Tavern. You can just walk up to see them there - and they are very impressive! The music is playing but no view of the projections and only a glimpse of Tink.
Thank you, he might do as it's past the normal time he goes to bed, but he tends to be hard to get to sleep if there's lots going on so I don't think I can rely on it.

FYI, I believe that fenced in area in front of Casey’s will soon be reserved for the CL guests who purchase the new additional FP+ and reserved viewing area packages. We had planned on trying to use this area for our spring trip but will now need to come up with a new plan.

Does anyone know when this will happen? I poked around, and found a post on here that reported the earliest checkin date for this is March 13. Any other reports?

Link to post re: March 13
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lub-level-guests.3657057/page-5#post-58672752

Robo's maps are great. Here's my suggestion. Within the green areas around the hub, some of the walkways are fenced. We stake out a spot with our backs to the fence right where the path from Tomorrow Land meets the hub. The CMs will tape down the middle to enforce a walkway. We find a spot with a narrow margin. We get there about 45-60 min early. While a couple of us sit down to hold the area, a couple go get snacks and drinks. We settle in and enjoy a nice snack and once the show starts, we stand and have a good view, without the anxiety of the people behind us....since we are against the fence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter