Hampon Inn I Drive? Any opinions?

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
We as a family are going to go to Florida in the last two weeks of August (namely 18-31)

We are going to do a Orlando Flex Ticket, so mostly Universal Wet N Wild, maybe Busch Gardens, Sea World.

How is this Hampton Inn? We do have a car, but could use a shuttle as well...

We've stayed at Hampton Inn before, but just wondering on this one..

I was wondering the same thing. My DH likes Hampton when he travels for work. (Which he does a lot.) We are looking at March and can only get Movies at 103. I think that is pretty high and wondered how one of the Hamptons in the area would compare. Has anyone stayed at one of them?:D

My family stayed at this Hampton Inn in April 2000. The room was very nice. Actually, it was nicer than the CBR room we had. The continental breakfast was cold cereal, bagel, doughnuts, the norm. I would definitely stay there again.

Nicer than CBR? Wow!

Actually looked it up again, its the Sand Lake road one, apparently there's another one near the Convention Center.

The Sand Lake road, I got a great rate for....

I should probably say that we stayed at CBR in April 2000 before all the rooms were renovated and our room was VERY old! The carpet, furniture, and vanity were outdated and showing their age. The grounds there were beautiful. I've heard they completed the renovation and the rooms have since been updated. All said, I still would return to the Hampton Inn (on International Drive) as the room was very nice, clean and quiet.

BKFranks, How long did it take to get to Magic Kingdom from the Hampton on I drive? Did they have the suites (the ones with the kitchen?) Thanks for your help.

I don't remember exactly, but it seems like it was no more than 15-20 minutes at the most.

Sorry - I forgot to answer your 2nd question. I don't recall there being suites available, but it's worth a call to find out for sure.

Hampton Inns which have suites available, even just a few, usually (always?) call themselves "Hampton Inn and Suites".

The regular room in the Hampton Inn I booked had a mini fridge and microwave... really, thats all we need...

We have some friends who stay at the one next to WDW but I don't think this is the same one you are referring. They enjoy staying there and say it is very nice.

The Hampton Inn that Boots was referring to is near dt disney and closer to the parks than the I drive location.

I have also heard that it is nice.

Herc

Thats fine if it isn't near Disney we're doing Universal, Sea World, BG instead.

I did find some reviews on some other websites, and they were favorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter