HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will there on the first night of MHP (Oct. 1st) and hope to give you much info I can. I will take as many pictures and videotaping when MHP starts at 5pm and possibly to closing time.

Cool!:cool1: We are off to a rollicking start on this Part 2, and Part 1 is still alive and kicking (though on its last legs), so we will need lots and lots of photos for many pages to come!!:cool1:

Here and subbing :) :woohoo:

Sherry, I don't even know what to say :( I would feel so violated, really. :grouphug:

:goodvibesYes, "violated" is the exact word for it. I feel like this person stole my property and my memories.

Just wanted to mention that ds and I are watching Mickey's Treat, the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Halloween dvd this morning! :) Getting ready!! It's great for little ones, not scary at all, and Minnie Mouse is in the very same witch costume that she wears at the parks. :goodvibes

That's the great thing about Disney's celebration of Halloween (whether in the parks or on DVD, etc.). It's like 'cute scary' or 'fun scary.' It's safe for everyone. It's not like the chainsaw-wielding maniacs and ax murderers who run amok at Universal Studios and chase after you! I think Ghost Galaxy is probably the most sinister thing DLR has done, isn't it? Haunted Mansion has always had friendly ghosts and even the HMH version is not 'evil scary.'

Another Twitter post from Disneyland this morning! :cheer2: This is available at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/downtown-disney/gingerbread-house-workshop/

Interesting thing about that gingerbread house - if I recall, last year I was looking for the details about the Christmas gingerbread workshop, because it had always been done for Christmas in the previous years, and I didn't find anything.

As far as I know - and I may have missed something - I think they only did the Halloween haunted gingerbread workshop last year.:confused3 I wonder if they decided the Halloween workshop was better to do than the Christmas one, or maybe they did the Christmas one last year and I just totally missed it? I remember checking the Jazz Kitchen website for info in November last year and there was nothing about a Christmas workshop - only Halloween.

Yikes, Vala! People are horrible! At least Ebay had the decency to take the listings down for you. I am going to contact Photobucket and see what happens. Unfortunately, once photos are posted anywhere on the Internet, it becomes almost fair game - even though the decent thing to do is ask permission.

I have even had Bret (Michaels, not Bret in this thread)'s own tour manager contact me and ask permission to use my photos in his book and on his website - and she sent me a release to sign for permission. That's the way it is supposed to be handled. That's the legal way. You are not supposed to just copy photos and then use them for your own purposes.

It always seems to happen to those who would have told you "yes" anyway if you just had asked. *sighs*

I've never told anyone no either, they just had to ask.

I know I am a very good photographer, and I am actually very proud if people ask. But now I really became careful.

I had the same problem with Ebay Vala. I had a lot of people took my pictures when I posted pictures on Ebay, but I had my name on each of my pictures and they removed those people listings on the site. I also thought that it would be good to to promote my name from other Ebayers accounts. But in the end, I got Ebay to remove the listings on other people accounts that had my name on the item.

It wasn't item photos - wish it had been that easy.
It was actual photos I had taken at events, like WWE shows or sci fi conventions. Something like this one

IMG_2504_kl.jpg

Probably no one will recognize him - that's Jason Momoa from Baywatch Hawaii, Stargate: Atlantis respectively the upcoming Conan remake.

That's one of my newer pictures and wasn't among the stolen ones, but the other pictures were of the same quality.

It's quite normal among fans to share your pictures. And if you're giving stuff to other fans who you consider friends you really don't automatically think about watermarks on your photos.

And some of my "friends" decided to give the pictures to others. Without asking me or telling the people they gave them to that they were not theirs. Some photos I took in 1994 I eventually found on Ebay in 1998.

Yikes, Vala! People are horrible! At least Ebay had the decency to take the listings down for you. I am going to contact Photobucket and see what happens. Unfortunately, once photos are posted anywhere on the Internet, it becomes almost fair game - even though the decent thing to do is ask permission.

I have even had Bret (Michaels, not Bret in this thread)'s own tour manager contact me and ask permission to use my photos in his book and on his website - and she sent me a release to sign for permission. That's the way it is supposed to be handled. That's the legal way. You are not supposed to just copy photos and then use them for your own purposes.

I mean, heck, there are tons of wonderful DLR photos posted here on the DIS that I would like to claim as my own and use for various purposes - but they are not my photos so I can't do that!!

Sherry, you posted those pictures here on the Dis. Back when Brett had his health scare. Maybe he took them off of here.

Everyone has to remember that anything posted in a public forum because public property. Just google your address, your name, etc. You would be surprised how much comes up.

Sherry E. sorry to read about your troubles with an idiot. It makes me biting mad when I hear of things like this.

This thread is a little dry of pictures. Time for some pics:

CopyofDSC_6049.jpg

CopyofDSC_6048.jpg

CopyofDSC_6055.jpg

DSC_6052.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

DSC_6198.jpg

I may have posted some of these in the first Halloween thread, but I don't think folks will mind.

Sherry, you posted those pictures here on the Dis. Back when Brett had his health scare. Maybe he took them off of here.

Everyone has to remember that anything posted in a public forum because public property. Just google your address, your name, etc. You would be surprised how much comes up.

No, I posted Bret photos in my TR way before his health scare. But I had many, many more photos on Facebook. Hundreds. And I shared them with Facebook "friends." I did not share them with this guy who took them. What I posted here on the DIS was barely anything. This guy who stole them was on a friend's friend list on Facebook. I didn't share them with him directly. That's where he got them. And it's not just Bret's photos - he stole other photos too.

Yes, when you post photos publicly you run a risk, but as I detailed in my earlier post, regardless of that, the legal and proper way to handle it is to ask permission. Bret's own tour manager/PR person knew that - which is why she sent me the photo release form for permission. And another guy I know who was doing a special for VH1 had the people at VH1 contact me to send me a release form for permission. That is how it's supposed to be handled. They know that and they don't want any legal hassles.

I think people assume that because something becomes public and that it's easy to access that it means other people are allowed to do whatever they want with it and use it to make money, etc., but that's not exactly the case, which is why they sent me the release forms to sign. There are legal loopholes, but only some folks know about that.

It always seems to happen to those who would have told you "yes" anyway if you just had asked. *sighs*

I've never told anyone no either, they just had to ask.

I know I am a very good photographer, and I am actually very proud if people ask. But now I really became careful.

It was actual photos I had taken at events, like WWE shows or sci fi conventions. Something like this one

IMG_2504_kl.jpg

Probably no one will recognize him - that's Jason Momoa from Baywatch Hawaii, Stargate: Atlantis respectively the upcoming Conan remake.

That's one of my newer pictures and wasn't among the stolen ones, but the other pictures were of the same quality.

It's quite normal among fans to share your pictures. And if you're giving stuff to other fans who you consider friends you really don't automatically think about watermarks on your photos.

And some of my "friends" decided to give the pictures to others. Without asking me or telling the people they gave them to that they were not theirs. Some photos I took in 1994 I eventually found on Ebay in 1998.

Ouch. That makes me so mad on your behalf.:hug::hug:

Thanks Sherry. :hug:

Like it's been said, worst is the violation that someone actually took away your property.

I'm proud of my work like I said, and I am tickled pink if an actor who's done quite a number of photo sprees in his career sees one of my pictures and asks if I am a professional photographer. And you don't get to discuss DSLRs with Boba Fett from Star Wars any day either. :laughing:

Here are some from last year. Some things have changed but most are the same.
664878697_JJQW4-L.jpg

664918035_D3sa8-L.jpg

1016938600_CNgju-L.jpg

1016939516_cCeke-L.jpg

1016940249_NyQEz-L.jpg

1016940817_XKWCU-L.jpg

1016935799_qo5ap-L.jpg

1016942825_VeLjU-L.jpg

1016943646_mAMUr-L.jpg

1016945131_P2kcZ-L.jpg

You guys are welcome, and thank you for all the comments on the photos/my kids. :goodvibes I went to bed early last night, and just found time to hop on. I can't believe we are on page 5 already!

Sherry, I am so sorry someone stole your photos. :( You are very welcome for all the pictures. It gave me something to do while my family rode rides I couldn't. I can't wait to start planning my trip for next December.

Someone was asking about Halloween Mickey Ears so here are my merchandise photos.

Hats/Ears

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

Shirts/Apparel

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

Balloons

DSC_0726.jpg
(also available in white that lights up)

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0776.jpg

Pins

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

cb51c572.jpg

Dying to go back already! I was there on Friday and Saturday, but we got there late, so no villians, and Mickey and Minnie had to go in for Fantasmic! Darn law school for making me unable to go on any old weekday anymore!

As for the decorations (or lack thereof) at DCA, we went over there for WOC on Saturday night, and while I of course noticed almost everything at Disneyland, barely anything registered at DCA. Quite sad. At least WOC was good as usual.

I'm so sorry to hear about the theft of your photo's Sherry. Around 6 years ago someone using my maiden name and a fake middle name, managed to charge up around $360,000CDN in my name before finding out about it months later (including a house). It took me months, alot of money, and police from 5 different jurisdicitions fighting over who got a piece of the case before I could breathe a relative sigh of relief. I know what it's like first hand, and feel your frustration. At the time of my identity theft problems it was the largest case of it that our local police dept had ever seen. Even now I'm reluctant to give personal info to people I don't know. Hope that photobuicket will be able to stop the guy before he raids anymore of your pics. Is there anyway to clear all your photo's in Photobucket so that he can't get further acess to your photo's???

Looking forward to your report. Can't wait to hear how the fireworks go and how early you have to stake out a good spot.

I am planning on staking out at least 2 hours or 3 hours so my cast will be able to watch HS from the Hub at the best spot. My DA and I could change places for every half an hour so my DC could do some of the rides.

Cool!:cool1: We are off to a rollicking start on this Part 2, and Part 1 is still alive and kicking (though on its last legs), so we will need lots and lots of photos for many pages to come!!:cool1:

I will definitely take as many photos and videotape everything as much as I can during my visit next week.

It was actual photos I had taken at events, like WWE shows or sci fi conventions.

Thank you for clarifying this post.

Nice pictures once again VictoriaAndMatt :thumbsup2

There was a present in the attic of the HM last year that says "To Kristin"...wish I could get a picture of that lol, I wonder if it's still there? It was on the right hand side in the attic. I squealed when I saw it last year hahaha

No, I posted Bret photos in my TR way before his health scare. But I had many, many more photos on Facebook. Hundreds. And I shared them with Facebook "friends." I did not share them with this guy who took them. What I posted here on the DIS was barely anything. This guy who stole them was on a friend's friend list on Facebook. I didn't share them with him directly. That's where he got them. And it's not just Bret's photos - he stole other photos too.

Yes, when you post photos publicly you run a risk, but as I detailed in my earlier post, regardless of that, the legal and proper way to handle it is to ask permission. Bret's own tour manager/PR person knew that - which is why she sent me the photo release form for permission. And another guy I know who was doing a special for VH1 had the people at VH1 contact me to send me a release form for permission. That is how it's supposed to be handled. They know that and they don't want any legal hassles.

I think people assume that because something becomes public and that it's easy to access that it means other people are allowed to do whatever they want with it and use it to make money, etc., but that's not exactly the case, which is why they sent me the release forms to sign. There are legal loopholes, but only some folks know about that.

Agreed. I remembered the pictures from the health scare thread, that's all. I'm going to have to check out your trip report! :goodvibes

For some reason I think that the Ghost Mickeys are the cutest thing ever! I am totally going to try and find something of a Ghost Mickey! :love: I hope that popcorn bucket lasts until I get there. That is on the top of my Ghost Mickey list!

I know I posted this someplace earlier, but I wanted to mention that Walgreens is THE place to get Halloween themed Disney items. They have lots of those little Mickey pumpkins, ghosts, etc. :thumbsup2

I know I posted this someplace earlier, but I wanted to mention that Walgreens is THE place to get Halloween themed Disney items. They have lots of those little Mickey pumpkins, ghosts, etc. :thumbsup2

Aw, I wish we had Walgreens in Canada. Or at least we don't in my part of Canada.

There was a present in the attic of the HM last year that says "To Kristin"...wish I could get a picture of that lol, I wonder if it's still there? It was on the right hand side in the attic. I squealed when I saw it last year hahaha

Its not very good but you can see the tag. :confused3

1017030116_CF9ZV-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter