Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad about the dessert packages :( I’ve never done one for WOC so I was planning on doing it then. I wonder if they will do a dining package for the parade?
Nvm just read further up that there won't be any dining packages either. I can't remember, were restaurants like Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe open during MHP? If so, I wonder if restaurants like Carthay or Lamplight will be open during Oogie Boogie bash?

Did they have dining reservations for MNSSH when it was at DL? Maybe with the smaller crowds they don’t bother with them?

Just to clarify for those following this thread: MNSSHP is in WDW only. DL's party was Mickey's Halloween Party (MHP), which is not happening this year. This year's party in DCA is the Oogie Boogie Bash.
Every year we get reports of people buying tickets for the wrong party and being turned away at the gates, so knowing the correct name for each party is more important than you'd think!

Pretty obvious you didn’t read by post by posting this yourself

How? Your post stated that you were under the assumption MNSSHP was at DL. "Did they have dining reservations for MNSSH when it was at DL?"
thelucky rabbit only corrected your assumption saying MNSSHP is NOT at DL, but at WDW.
DL party was MHP

Have there been any announcements about how many WoC shows and parades there will be? Still wondering if they will do 2 like at MHP or if it will be only 1.

Anyone have any idea why October 6 is $145, the same price as Halloween itself? I had originally planned on buying tickets for that night, but holy moley, that's a steep increase from last year.

Anyone have any idea why October 6 is $145, the same price as Halloween itself? I had originally planned on buying tickets for that night, but holy moley, that's a steep increase from last year.
That’s the party we are attending. The Sunday parties cost more because they allow you to enter an hour before the weekday parties.

That’s the party we are attending. The Sunday parties cost more because they allow you to enter an hour before the weekday parties.

Hmm. The previous two Sundays are $120. We'll already be at the parks that day, so the extra time is a total waste for us. We'll probably end up skipping it.

Probably because it is October and a Sunday.

I agree that it's probably because it's October and more people are starting to think about Halloween activities. All of the Sunday parties in October are $145.

How? Your post stated that you were under the assumption MNSSHP was at DL. "Did they have dining reservations for MNSSH when it was at DL?"
thelucky rabbit only corrected your assumption saying MNSSHP is NOT at DL, but at WDW.
DL party was MHP

NO. I asked. DID they have the dining reservations WHEN it was at DL. I have my tickets already. I know where it’s at

NO. I asked. DID they have the dining reservations WHEN it was at DL. I have my tickets already. I know where it’s at
theluckyrabbit was just clarify for other readers of this thread that "MNSSHP" is the common acronym used for the Halloween party in WDW (you typed "MNSSH", which seemed like you could have been asking about MNSSHP). There has been confusion in the past about the difference between MNSSHP and MHP, with some people not realizing they were buying tickets for the wrong party. There have also been posters asking about MNSSHP in the DL Halloween thread in the past and they were actually asking about the party in Florida. So, theluckyrabbit was just trying to help everyone keep everything straight. While you might know that you were asking about DL's MHP, other readers of the thread might not be sure if you were asking about MK's MNSSHP (which is happening), DL's MHP (which is not happening) or DCA's OBB (which is happening).

To answer your question about dining reservations during DL's MHP, I think most of the table service locations were not open during the party. I believe most reservation times ended about an hour before the party started, although, Blue Bayou remained open (they had a parade viewing package). None of the other TS locations were listed as being open during the party.

Is this the first year they've held it at DCA? I'm trying to decide whether or not to purchase a ticket as we've only attended the party at Disneyland. We have tickets for the Haunted Mansion's 50th party tonight and the reviews from that haven't been that great. Just trying to protect my wallet I guess but this event sounds great!

Have there been any announcements about how many WoC shows and parades there will be? Still wondering if they will do 2 like at MHP or if it will be only 1.

The party we went to in 2017 it seemed like there was only one showing of fireworks and two parades. I remember seeing the first parade in my peripheral then taking a break and watching fireworks by IASW. We then watched the second parade on Main Street at the end of the night. I may have missed a second set of fireworks though... in any case if they follow this then I would say two parades and one WOC.

... To answer your question about dining reservations during DL's MHP, I think most of the table service locations were not open during the party. I believe most reservation times ended about an hour before the party started, although, Blue Bayou remained open (they had a parade viewing package). None of the other TS locations were listed as being open during the party.
Absolutely correct -- the TS reservations closed earlier on party nights to make sure that non-party guests had time to leave the park before the party started. DCA has not announced any kind of dining package for OBB, so it doesn't look like there will be a special package equivalent to the one that was at BB for MHP.
And thank you for your very clear explanation above. :)

I can't decide if I want to disney bound as Bo Peep, or do an actual costume. I like the dress, but I feel like I won't wear it anywhere. The costume seems like it will fit awkwardly on me..
You can go in between with a more advanced DB. We do this some years when we aren't up to a full out costume. You can start with a basic DB (or a nicer one if you find the right outfit), then add more props, more bling, more More! Whatever pieces you add, don't have to be expensive or unwearable. Have you looked on the DB site and FB pages for ideas? Some of the photos are great for inspiration!

You can go in between with a more advanced DB. We do this some years when we aren't up to a full out costume. You can start with a basic DB (or a nicer one if you find the right outfit), then add more props, more bling, more More! Whatever pieces you add, don't have to be expensive or unwearable. Have you looked on the DB site and FB pages for ideas? Some of the photos are great for inspiration!
That's what I was thinking. I think I just get nervous with disney bounding b/c I feel like people don't get what I am lol. First year I went I did a Sally disney bound and people couldn't tell.

I have a light denim jumpsuit, and the bo peep bow already. I would need a pink belt, gauze for the arm, and maybe the stick...although I don't feel like carrying that. I was going to use my Toy Story 4 Dooney bag, but I am considering the Billy Goat and Gruff bag I saw.

That's what I was thinking. I think I just get nervous with disney bounding b/c I feel like people don't get what I am lol. First year I went I did a Sally disney bound and people couldn't tell.

I have a light denim jumpsuit, and the bo peep bow already. I would need a pink belt, gauze for the arm, and maybe the stick...although I don't feel like carrying that. I was going to use my Toy Story 4 Dooney bag, but I am considering the Billy Goat and Gruff bag I saw.
Totally push the props and accessories!! When it's a Halloween Party, you are allowed to be non-subtle! We find that color scheme and props (e.g. pins of the character, a stuffed toy or tsum tsum, hat, etc.) really help get the point across. When we did Zootopia, DH's Nick Wilde costume was pretty low key (but how can you miss with that lime green shirt?), but his prop popsicle was the hit of the party with every CM and character we met!

I assume the crowds are smaller than normal but I really have no clue as I’ve never been to one of these parties. Do rides run all night as scheduled as well?

I think I just get nervous with disney bounding b/c I feel like people don't get what I am lol.
I love it so much when people do disney bounding during regular park visits, not despite but BECAUSE it’s so subtle. It’s like an interesting little guessing game. This past park visit, I saw one absolutely adorable couple bounding as Roger (red pants, white shirt, bow tie) and Jessica Rabbit (knee long, slinky red dress) in Disneyland and my favorite disney bounding family ever: the mom was wearing mostly black plus a ruffled red shirt, the dad a lime-green polo shirt, and the kid a slightly darker green shirt, pants, and hat (it took both me and my daughter a few moments, until we shouted, almost in unison, PETER PAN!!). Most of the disney bounding outfits I see are so clever, and I‘m sure many people didn’t “get it.”

That said, were I ever to go to a Halloween party in one of the parks (sadly I haven’t & probably won’t any time soon), I would probably take full advantage of the adult costume prohibition‘s being temporarily lifted and would go all the way out with my outfit.

In your case, I figure what could be arguments against the full costume is that most actual costumes are cheaply made from fabrics that aren’t too comfortable to wear. Also, if you get the bounding outfit, you can reuse it in the parks during non-Halloween times, if you feel playful.

So maybe one of the previous posters‘ suggestions (do the bounding outfit but then go crazy on the accessories) could be the best of both worlds in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter