Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

There are now 49 days to Christmas eve.

We have:

__42 Hallmark & HMM Christmas movies
__20 Great American Family Christmas movies
+12 Lifetime Christmas movies (which haven't even started yet)
__74 Total Christmas movies to watch for 2023.

If one adds in the 8 UPtv Christmas movies, that's 82 movies.

That number doesn't include the assortment of random Christmas movies and specials on other networks to watch. :happytv:

We're going to need a lot of popcorn and candy canes! popcorn::
candy_cane.png
candy_cane.png
candy_cane.png

Hi! I did not like The Santa Summit. Going to read back and see what others thought.

Well, I don’t see a review, but I have noticed comments about age inappropriate behavior. I was a teacher, and the three acted way too immature for my tastes.

Last edited:
Hi! I did not like The Santa Summit. Going to read back and see what others thought.

Well, I don’t see a review, but I have noticed comments about age inappropriate behavior. I was a teacher, and the three acted way too immature for my tastes.

To me, it looked like it is geared toward the same younger demographic as Never Been Chris'd, but with a total cast more age appropriate. Again, I don't have a problem with Hallmark skewing younger. But, it just isn't something I'm interested in watching at this time. Maybe I'll put it on the list for next year's Christmas in July.

To me, it looked like it is geared toward the same younger demographic as Never Been Chris'd, but with a total cast more age appropriate. Again, I don't have a problem with Hallmark skewing younger. But, it just isn't something I'm interested in watching at this time. Maybe I'll put it on the list for next year's Christmas in July.
My standards are much lower for Christmas in July. 🤣

My standards are much lower for Christmas in July. 🤣

There are 74 movies to watch in 48 days. That means we have to watch 1.5 movies every day. (Or thereabouts.popcorn:: ) I'm not wasting those slots on movies I don't want to watch. :lmao:I'll save those for Christmas in July.

I really liked The Santa Summit, it was silly but fun, all the characters were likeable.

Didn't really like Never Been Chirs'd. Didn't even finish Flipping for Christmas, it was just too predictable.

wreath-1719.gif
New Christmas movies premiering Thursday & Friday:
1f384.png
☃️

Thursday:
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
Mystery on Mistletoe Lane
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sat 11/11 at 10pm ET
Sun 11/12 at 6pm ET
Sat11/18 at 4pm ET
Starring: Erica Cerra and Victor Webster.
Description: New to town, Heidi Wicks (Cerra) and her kids discover a Christmas mystery in their historic home. Local handyman and historian David (Webster) helps along the way, finding his own surprising connection.

Friday:
Hallmark Channel:
Everything Christmas
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sat 11/11 at 6pm ET
Sun 11/19 at 2pm ET
Starring: Katherine Barrell, Cindy Busby, Corey Sevier and Matt Wells.
Description: Lori Jo’s love for Christmas takes her on a road trip to Yuletide Springs with her roommate Tori, where Christmas is celebrated year-round, to participate in a longstanding town tradition to honor her late grandmother. Along the way, the friends meet Carl and Jason, and the foursome make stops during their journey to enjoy more small-town Christmas attractions. But when a series of events puts a damper on their plans, a little Christmas magic may put this trip back on the right path.

Note: The Hallmark & HM&M movies will also be available to stream live and next day, for 72 hours, on Peacock.

Last edited:
Hallmark needed to get younger imo. at least pump in some new/younger blood to the main actors and actresses

I'm surprised the other Pretty Little Liar gals haven't jumped over
Interesting.....

My wife and I were discussing the other night that it would nice if Hallmark featured older couples, like those who usually get relegated to the "parent" roles. Yes, some movies do center on reuniting long, lost loves, but the main characters are the younger actors trying to do the reuniting.

Okay, I looked up The Christmas Hope. Hallmark did make that book into a movie. Unfortunately, it was back in 2009. While Hallmark is showing some older movies, that one may be too far back
Check your local library system to see if they have it :)

I apparently watched this movie in December 2015 according to my imdb ratings lol. I'm guessing I got it from my local libraries and I see they still have that DVD available.

Another thing just for a general comment regarding the library check and see if they participate in Hoopla. Of the 3 big library systems in my metro only 1 of them really participates in Hoopla with the others to a much less degree however the other 2 systems get much more DVDs than the other. I just watched yesterday last year's Lifetime movies Well Suited for Christmas and Kirk Franklin's The Night Before Christmas through Hoopla with the library system. They also several other movies that I missed last year.

If anyone has Hallmark Movies Now just know they have a good amount of Christmas movies going on there right now (as to be expected).

I also see ones from this year such as A World Record Christmas which is slated to release on tv on the 16th but is already available to watch now. I believe A Royal Christmas Crush released in Christmas in July which is also available on Hallmark Movies Now.

I really liked The Santa Summit, it was silly but fun, all the characters were likeable.
I caught the last hour of this last night. I thought it was great! Fast paced. Liked all the characters.

I’m not sure about any inappropriate teacher behaviour. Maybe it was in the first hour? But what do I know. I’m gonna cut loose with my teacher friends tonight. Lol.

Just a heads up: I peeked in at the Hallmark Christmas movies group over on Facebook. They had 3 threads, so far, on just the movie Never Been Chris'd. There are about 800 posts, the majority bashing the movie. Most of the reviews said the movie was very high schoolish with the two girls fighting over Tyler, and it was a waste to put Tyler Hines in it. Many said there was no chemistry between the leads.

I thought the movie looked that way from the commercial. So, I passed on it. Now, I have my confirmation to continue to skip the movie.

I don't minds a good movie or series aimed at high schoolers. I've watched a few on Freeform that were clearly aimed at younger audiences and I liked them. But, they are also cast appropriately, not with a 35 & 37 year old acting like high schoolers. :headache:

Of course, as always, your own views may vary.
The premise of Never Been Chris'd right off the bat was not appealing to me. Two girls fighting over the same guy in the way it was described in the description eh not my cup of tea but I may still record it and wait it out..mostly will depend on how much recording space is left :laughing:

Just to give an idea IMDb has 434 ratings but a 5.6 rating and for Hallmark that's low with that amount of reviews. It could be just like what you saw on the three FB threads on it with the same complaints but def. seems like it as a movie did not work out like Hallmark thought it would. Reminds me of last year's Christmas Bedtime Stories which is sitting at a 5.0 rating with 788 ratings (I passed on this movie last year)

Have any of you watched Mystery on Mistletoe Lane? It sounds interesting. I did enjoy years ago A Very Vintage Christmas along with Unlocking Christmas. I am wondering whether this movie may be similar. Hugs to all and Happy Thursday, too :)

Have any of you watched Mystery on Mistletoe Lane? It sounds interesting. I did enjoy years ago A Very Vintage Christmas along with Unlocking Christmas. I am wondering whether this movie may be similar. Hugs to all and Happy Thursday, too :)
Had this one on in the background and I wasn’t really focused so I will watch it again - but from what I did see the two leads had good chemistry and it seemed to have an interesting plot. Victor Webster as always was charming.

Just found this thread - not sure how I missed it all these years. So glad to have Christmas on 24/7 to catch some of my below favorites again and again.

Cranberry Christmas
Five Star Christmas
Haul out the Holly - looking forward to the sequel this year
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Noel Next Door
A Christmas…Present
Good Morning Christmas!

Happy Christmas movie watching everyone!

wreath-1719.gif
New Christmas movies premiering this weekend:
1f384.png
☃️

Saturday:
Hallmark Channel:
Christmas Island at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sun 11/12 at 6pm ET
Thurs 11/16 at 8pm ET
Mon 11/20 at 10pm ET
Starring: Rachel Skarsten and Andrew Walker.
Description: When a snowstorm diverts Kate’s first private flight en route to Switzerland to Christmas Island, she must team up with an air traffic controller to secure her dream job as the family’s pilot.

Great American Family (GAF):
Christmas Keepsake at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Sun 11/12 at 6pm ET
Mon 11/13 at 2pm ET
Tues 11/14 at 8pm ET
Thurs 11/16 at 2am ET
Sat 11/18 at 6pm
Starring: Jillian Murray and Daniel Lissing
Description: A father (Lissing) bonds with his daughter and stumbles upon an unexpected romance (Murray) while tracking down the original owner of a Christmas time capsule.

UPtv: (Re-airing. This actually premiered last week. I forgot to post it. :blush: )
We're Scrooged at 7pm ET
Starring: Tamara Duarte and Andrew Bushell.
Description: When ex-high school sweethearts return to Minneapolis for the Christmas Snowball 10-year high school reunion weekend, they each check in to the hotel single and alone. Although their friends called them “Ross and Rachel,” Sarah and Scott parted ways after college and pursued their high-end careers. After a run-in at the kickoff event, they are both warned that they are going to be visited by 3 Christmas ghosts over the next 3 days. While dreaming each night, they have shared experiences reliving their past and present Christmases. These unsettling yet comedic visits help them both see what they gave up. And that they gave up on each other. When the Ghost of Christmas Future visits them separately, they must each make a choice to reunite or lose their love forever.

Sunday:
Hallmark Channel:
A Heidelberg Holiday
at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Thurs 11/16 at 6pm ET
Tues 11/21 at 10pm ET
Starring: Ginna Claire Mason and Frédéric Brossier.
Description: Heidi Heidelberg receives the dream opportunity to sell her beautiful, handmade glass ornaments at the prestigious Heidelberg Christmas Market in Germany. While there, she meets Lukas, a local artisan who helps her reconnect with her lost heritage.

Great American Family (GAF):
A Christmas Blessing at 8pm ET / 7pm CT
Re-airs: Tues 11/14 at 8pm ET
Wed 11/15 at 8pm ET
Fri 11/17 at 4am ET
Sat 11/18 at 12pm
Starring: Lori Loughlin, James Tupper and Jesse Hutch.
Description: Renowned TV star Mandy Gilmore (Loughlin) says goodbye to her hit culinary series, A World of Food, with plans to travel the globe dining in all 142 Michelin star restaurants. Before jetting to Paris, Mandy stops in Milwaukee with the deed to her deceased aunt’s food pantry, Angel’s Fare, recently purchased by adjacent business owner, Adam Carraway (Tupper). A simple transaction. Until pantry volunteer, Otto Nessen (Hutch) reminds all that Aunt Susie’s love of cooking was truly love of feeding and inspires one more holiday feast for those who need it most.

UPtv:
Christmas Time Capsule at 7pm ET
Re-airs: Sat 11/18 at 7pm ET
Starring: Franco Lo Presti and Emily Alatalo.
Description: James left a family heirloom engagement ring with his best friend, Tiffany, for safekeeping. He asks Tiffany for the ring, intending to propose to another woman. Tiffany has other ideas on who James should marry.

(Lifetime TV will start adding their Christmas movies to the weekend lineup NEXT weekend!)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter