Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

So I watched Take Me Back for Christmas, and I enjoyed it.
To be fair, Corey directed and wasn't in it as much as a hero normally appears.
I would probably watch it again in a couple of years, definitely not a rewatch immediately for me.

Haul Out the Holly has a sequel coming out this Christmas. As the first movie is re-airing tomorrow night at 8pm ET, Hallmark is going to show a special preview of Haul Out the Holly 2. 🎄
SnowballFight.gif

I keep forgetting that HM&M is now premiering movies on Friday nights now instead of Sundays. :headache:

So if you are like me and forgot to DVR it tonight, it's on again at the usual premiere day, on Sunday. :thumbsup2

On Hallmark Movies & Mysteries:
A Lifelong Love
at 7pm ET on Sunday

Re-airs: Thur 7/27 at 9pm ET
Wed 8/02 at 7pm ET

Starring: Andrea Brooks and Patch May.
Description: While trying to reunite her grandfather with his lost love, Annika teams up with college sweetheart Ryan to create a book about the experience, documenting different love stories along the way.

Thank you, Imzadi, A Lifelong Love sounds like something different and interesting. I have it set to record tomorrow night. My Grandparents pretty much knew each other their entire lives so this story extra intrigues me. Plus, I do always enjoy hearing about and watching truly happy couples that last :)

Reminder for tonight:

This weekend + Monday is the last of Christmas in July. :santa:

Hallmark is slowly preparing us for the return back to summer movies by premiering Aloha Heart tonight. 🌺 🌅 🏄‍♂️ 🌴

Aloha Heart is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 7/30 at 7pm ET
Thurs 8/3 at 8pm ET
Sun 8/6 at 1pm ET

Starring: Taylor Cole and Kanoa Goo.
Description: A conservationist travels to Hawaii for her best friend's wedding and instead of a relaxing vacation, finds herself in wedding prep and helping the new hotel manager make changes to his family hotel.

And to get you in a festive mood for watching, Hallmark has gathered some summer recipes inspired by the movie. (Culled from their old Hallmark Home & Family show.)

Click on an individual photo or link to get one recipe.

Or collect all of them here in this PDF file:
https://hallmark.brightspotcdn.com/...mmernights-dinnerandamovie-alohaheart-pdf.pdf

Dinner and a Movie: Aloha Heart
Chicken Lettuce Cups with Grilled Pineapple and Fresh Mint
This fresh and light recipe is perfect for a warm summer night!

Baked Sweet Potatoes

Create sweet potatoes where you can add the ingredients you prefer for variations of Mexican or Indian flavors.

Rosemary Crusted Pork Loin with Summer Blackberry Nut Relish

Summer is the season for blackberries and this recipe highlights their flavor.

Tropical Carrot Cake
End with a sweet dessert featuring fresh carrots and a cream cheese frosting!

For a collection of many more Home & Family recipes click here:
https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/recipes

Last edited:
Dad and I really enjoyed Picture a Perfect Christmas. I also read the book version called Family Under the Christmas Tree by Terri Reed. In the book, Troy, the little boy was said to be 5. Did anyone else think he was older in the movie? I did. Book Troy also came across at times as a bit younger. Great character. Grandma Louise was my favorite. Loved her and her wise words and faithful care to all especially Troy and her granddaughter Sophie, who Troy's Uncle David ends up marrying. I liked Louise's love interest Simon, too. Good movie and book.

We also watched A Long Lost Love and didn't enjoy that as much. Did love Grandpa Abe and the true Ruth Barlow. We enjoyed so much meeting the various, "Ruths," the in between we could have done without! Way too much bickering for my taste between Ryan and Annika. Not the best but also not the worst :)

Happy Sunday movie watching with a hug to all of you!

Reminder for tonight:

Back to summer movies. :beach:

Making Waves is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 8/6 at 7pm ET
Thurs 8/10 at 8pm ET
Sun 8/13 at 1pm ET

Starring: Holland Roden and Corey Cott.
Description: When a music label executive goes to a festival on the Outer Banks to beat out the competition for an elusive new band, she discovers that the group is fronted by her childhood summer sweetheart.

No new movie on HM&M this weekend.

Reminder for Saturday:

A Safari Romance
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 8/13 at 7pm ET
Thurs 8/17 at 8pm ET
Sat 8/19 at 2pm ET

Starring: Brittany Bristow and Andrew Walker.
Description: A wildlife biologist working on fostering the protection of wildlife in Africa is forced to team up with a theme park designer who wants to create an over-the-top safari attraction.

Reminder for tonight, Sunday:

(This premiered on Friday, which I keep forgetting is the new night HM&M now premieres movies. :headache: Probably because I prefer to watch them on Sundays.)

Tonight is the sequel to Big Sky River which came out last summer.

Big Sky River: The Bridal Path is on at 7pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Tues 8/15 at 9pm ET
Sun 8/20 at 9pm ET

Starring: Emmanuelle Vaugier and Kavan Smith.
Description: Tara, now settled in Montana and dating Cowboy Boone, works to bring their family lives together but tensions arise, as blending their families will be more of a challenge than anticipated.

On the Hallmark Channel:

When Calls the Heart
, episode 3 premieres
on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Re-airs: Fri 8/18 at 9am ET

A Safari Romance is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Thurs 8/17 at 8pm ET
Sat 8/19 at 2pm ET

Starring: Brittany Bristow and Andrew Walker.
Description: A wildlife biologist working on fostering the protection of wildlife in Africa is forced to team up with a theme park designer who wants to create an over-the-top safari attraction.

I watched this last night. I liked it. Although I didn't feel a lot of chemistry between Brittany & Andrew. Then I found out after the movie that Brittany's mom wrote the script and her dad directed them. So, maybe they felt a bit funny about her parents watching their budding romance. :blush:

I did like that there wasn't the usual "misunderstanding" between the two leads.

And it was really wonderful seeing the lions. I didn't know that kind of lion existed. 🥰 According to Google, there's only about 10 total in the wild in South Africa.

Thank you so much, Imzadi! :hug: I only just saw your post about the sequel to Big Sky River now. I will set it to DVR on Sunday. I did enjoy the first movie very much and am looking forward to the second. For you and anyone else who may have seen the sequel, what did you think? :)

Reminder for Friday & Sunday:

(I finally remembered HM&M now premieres movies on Fridays. Probably because I like these two leading actors.)

This movie certainly starts out different!

The More Love Grows is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Re-airs: Sun 8/20 at 7pm ET
Tues 8/22 at 9pm ET

Starring: Rachel Boston and Warren Christie.
Description: Helen is blindsided when her husband asks for a separation. With the help of a friendly vet (Warren Christie) and a rambunctious stray dog, she rediscovers her strength and begins to rebuild her life.

:dogdance: :dog:
:dog2: 🐕‍🦺

This is the first chance I've had to post this.
Reminder for tonight, Saturday:

Never Too Late to Celebrate
premieres on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 8/20 at 7pm ET
Thurs 8/24 at 8pm ET
Sat 8/26 at 12pm ET

Starring: Alexa PenaVega and Carlos PenaVega.
Description: Career-focused dentist Camila is reluctant to celebrate her 30th birthday but inspired by Javi, a Spanish teacher, the two plan a quinceañera-themed party to honor her Hispanic heritage.

To inspire some fresh recipes that pair perfectly with the storyline for "Never Too Late to Celebrate, Hallmark has re-posted some recipes from their old Home & Family show.

Dinner and a Movie: Never Too Late to Celebrate

Lobster and Pickled Jalapeno Guacamole with Flour Tortilla Chips
Enjoy this delicious appetizer chock-full of ripe avocados and spicy jalapeño, topped with fresh lobster for a unique twist!

Shrimp Tacos
Get this summer-friendly dish on the table in just 20 minutes with Julia Collin Davison’s Shrimp Tacos!

Traditional Red Chile Pork Tamales
Tender pulled pork, smoky red chile sauce, rich corn masa - this traditional Mexican tamale recipe is a true labor of love, and definitely worth the effort.

Tres Leches Cake with Banana and Coconut
Finish off a delicious and hearty meal with the freshness of banana and coconut!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter