Hakuna Matata Team Challenge Hours/Miles

Thanks Connie you are awesome, brave and maybe a little crazy for taking this on:hug:

Will keep track of mine and Mikes hours and post every Friday.

Does shovelling count, we are getting buried in snow today;)

Kim

Oh absolutely and lawn mowing and all those things that are above and beyond. No light housekeeping, but the rest is hours!

Connie you are our leader and hero for being the captain and for the wonderful work you did putting our sheet in color.

I'm still healing my left achillies tendon that is swelled and sore from the Goofy so I'm not able to walk train yet.

I went to the pool and did a half mile of sprints in the five foot deep end. Then some upper body calistetics in the pool followed by a good stretching in the hot tub for the leggs.

I walked a mile and a half easy as a warmup and loosing up exercise for the pool sprints.

Total miles for me today 2

Total hours for me today 1

I will be logging a bunch more as soon as my tendon is well and I can racewalk again.

I have made a committment to myself. I will accomplish the following goals this year:

Loose 20lbs
Walk a sub 30 min 5K
Win the Gold Medal at the State Senior Games
Win this Miles/Hours Competition, the other teams can't possiblely match the determination and character of Hakuna Matata.

It's a long competition and keeping each other going is the secret to our personal and our team success.:cheer2:

Let's do this thing Team...CHARGE

Attack Pandapirate:

Thanks, Mighty Organized Panda! I am glad you like the color. I thought it might intimidate the others!! Not that we don't intimidate them enough, but what's a little more??? :rotfl:

If y'all want to post daily, that's fine. I can keep track of everything in my own personal spreadsheet, if that makes it eaier for you! I just want to add, I ALREADY have the sheet, and I am using for myself already, so if you want it that way, feel free to do it that way!

Thanks, Connie! :goodvibes

I, like Kim, will keep track and post on Fridays.
I am recoving from the flu. :sick:

Oh, Kim we had 8-more inches this morning...I have at least and 1 1/2 in all ready today. Looking at about 4-hours tonight! I have a large circle drive and have shoveled mega hours this year.

Connie, went to look at the spreadsheet and it asks for my email & password...am I in the correct place?

Yup, you are in the right place. You have to have a Google account to get in. It's free to set it up. Just fill in the info and the next time you go there it will automatically let you in.

Connie--I may be a daily poster as well--I don't have a running journal, and I'm not sure this old brain can remember for 7 days;)

So, for Day 1
40 minute on elliptical (said 4.9 miles--think that's a gross overestimate--but hey, that's what the machine said)
20 minute on bike-3.7 miles
Total 60 min and 8.6 miles

Ok, just so I have it straight, are we posting miles/hours from Friday to Friday? I have short-term memory loss so without scrolling through the rules and regulations I am opting to take a short cut via this post :lmao:!

In order to keep myself in-touch with the team, I would like to post daily if that wouldn't be too much of a bother Connie or Dave?

The second issue is to extend an apology aforehand, as I do not keep track of my running by hour(s). I do track my runs by exact mileages i.e. 8.1, 6.2, ect... I hope that is ok. I will be able to track hours when I begin rowing with the DragonBoat team in two weeks :boat:!

Most important, if I haven't thanked you already Connie, well, "THANK YOU" for your hard work and dedication to the team. I really appreciate the time and effort you have put forth thus far to get the Hukuna Matata team going!

Dave, "THANK YOU" for co-captaining and posting daily to keep the team charged and motivated :hug: ! I feel a great year coming on gang, can you feel it as well?? :woohoo:

Connie--I may be a daily poster as well--I don't have a running journal, and I'm not sure this old brain can remember for 7 days;)

So, for Day 1
40 minute on elliptical (said 4.9 miles--think that's a gross overestimate--but hey, that's what the machine said)
20 minute on bike-3.7 miles
Total 60 min and 8.6 miles

Not sure I understand this :confused3
We cannot count the same training walking, bike, elliptical in both time and miles can we?

It does have to be Miles Or Time ... Correct?

Not sure I understand this :confused3
We cannot count the same training walking, bike, elliptical in both time and miles can we?

It does have to be Miles Or Time ... Correct?

According to this quote from Dave (aka Windwalker) both count--as it seems there is an hour competition and a mileage competition?

"The hours total is for total hours exercised in a day. So if you walk 3 miles in an hour and took a hour yoga class you would and 3 miles to the miles total and 2 hours to the hours total. If a team choses to not compete in the hours competition that's fine but there will be prizes at the end of the year for the team that has the most miles and the team whose members exercised the most hours.

If you have a day that you did aerobics, and a dance tape for 3 hours but did no miles you would only add 3 hours to the hours total and nothing to the miles. A walker who does 20 miles in 6 hours would add 20 to miles and 6 to hours. A runner who did 20 miles in 3 hours would add 20 to miles and 3 to hours."

Please let me know if this has changed--I think there was a question of whether bike/elliptical miles count--but I wasn't sure if it was answered yet or not, so I logged them until we hear for sure!

Go team!:cheer2:

Yes you can count miles and hours for an activity if miles are measureable, any machine that measures miles works for both. Of course a class can't be both unless it's a spinning class and the bikes measure miles.

Margie get over that flu. I can't imagine shoveling snow with the flu, you are a tough lady.

Hi everyone.:hug:

Sleepy Panda:hippie:

Feel free to post everyday. I have created a spreadsheet that is unaffliated with the google spreadsheet that will add everything up day-by-day, I am using it for me and it already has everyone's name on it! So, if you want to enter day to day, go right ahead.

If you want to go weekly, only report Friday through Thursday. Friday will be our 1st day of the week, we DO want to count it twice, but that wouldn't be nice and since we are going to win, anyway we don't have too! :lmao:

If you post weekly, and can't post on Thursday for some reason, please try to have it done by Sunday. We don't want to get too far behind.

Donna if you know your approximate speed, I can figure your hours. Would that work for you?

Donna if you know your approximate speed, I can figure your hours. Would that work for you?

Good Morning! See, what did I tell you about short-term memory; looking back on my post from last night I noticed I forgot to post my four miles :rotfl:. I know it's not much, but like the ole saying goes, "one step at at time." I think a safe assumption on time would be an 11 minute pace. The only concern I have is that some days I know I run faster, and others, especially on my LSD, I run slower, with water, potty, and walk breaks. I just want to do right for the team.

I'll post my mileage that I'll be running later on this afternoon!

Have a great workout team :cheer2:.

Thanks for the explanation! :teacher:
When it is two separate competitions it make sense.

Thanks, Panda...feeling better today. This flu hit hard in our area it even closed down some to the schools and colleges for a few days.

Hi y'all! Yesterday, I did 5.4 miles on my treadmill for a total of 75 minutes including warmup and cooldown :goodvibes Love the spreadsheet too! I am sure this will be a great motivator for me knowing my stats help the team :lovestruc

I will have Lynn post our times/miles etc. That way we wont doubble post our tallys.

Hanging drywall count????

Couldn't sleep last night, mind was going 12 million miles per hour, too much going no at work, might miss the Atlanta 1/2 due to a trial. Bummer. I hope not.

Lowes is calling for me to spend more on supplies, and Office Max has the Tax sofeware we need.

Have a great weekend and fun work outs, getting stronger every day.

Dave heal well amigo.

Hi Guys and pretty princesses.

I'm still rehabing my sore paw. I went to the gym for an hour of calistetics and walking in the 3' deep end of the pool. I was using racewalking motion instead of sprinting on my toes and balls of my feet.

The new shoes are helping a lot, I worked pain free last night.:cloud9:

Scott, thanks for what you do. Just start thinking about one of my stories and that will put you to sleep.

Margie I hope you feel better, flu bugs are bad even without having to shovel snow in the freezing cold.

Have a super day guys.

Hakuna Matata Panda:hippie:

Good Morning Everyone!!

Well I was right by joining a team I am more willing to go on that dreaded treadmill. Did 3.25 miles and 46 min between warm up cool down and a bit of running. I feel GREAT!!!

Mark joined me but he was on the ellip. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone but I have a real desire to go back and do the Donald... What am I thinking I said never again but this is a new year and I'm not worried about not finishing, I KNOW I can do it and I don't want to lose all my training. Without this team stuff I'd never keep going. I had my shuffle on while on the TM, thinking of where I was during the race when certain songs were playing reliving those moments.

I will keep track of my miles but adding them to my signature and then giving the total for the week on Friday. I too will forget unless I write it here immediately.

Well teammates we're on our way!

denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter