Hakuna Matata-Happy April

Hi, everybody!

Good luck to all you going to the Minnie!

Susie and Steve, great meeting you in OKC!!

Lots of hours and miles this week, what with the half-marathon and the extra days!

Go, TEAM!!!

I just dropped by to say hi and bye! I'm in the middle of packing for the Minnie!! Yay!! I'm really excited about my first race!! I'll be taking my laptop with me so I'll drop by and post :)

Take care and have a great weekend and week everyone!!

Good morning guys.

I was 164.8 lbs this morning, that's the first time I've seen 164, I had been stagnated at 165 to 166. This week I've been shaking the exercise tree a little to try to get going again. I took my iPod swimming after walking one day and then did hills in the wind yesterday.

Today has rain threatening so not sure what it will be doing by the time I arrive at the gym. So I'll play today by ear.

You guys that are traveling today to Minnie be safe, you are not replaceable. I count my wealth not by the money I have but by the number of people I can call friend.

Have a super day y'all.

Walking Panda:hippie:

Dave you are going to get me going on droping some weight for the next few races, couldn't hurt for sure.

In Denver waiting for the plane to ATL then MCO.

Ready to get warm in FL.

Awesome workout today. I warmed up on the treadmill for a half mile and then went out in the wind to do the hill route. Walked 4 miles on the hills last mile was bucking a 30 mph wind. Total time was 50:12 for a pace average of 12:33 per mile.

Then my cals and stretching and core work. Felt really good about today's workout. I'm pumped about how the experiment with doing everything right is going.

Have a wonderfull day team.

Walking Panda:hippie:

WE made it to WDW, got race packets and met up with some cruise folks.

More later

Today is a res day for me. After yesterdays walk in the wind on the hills. One of my down falls in the past was not to rest when I needed to. Every time I have been injured I look back at it and can find the day/days I should have rested after a hard effort.

I know you all know this but it never hurts to say it again. You are tearing down when you exercise, it's during the rest that you actually build up. If you have a super effort today, it's wasted if you don't give your body an easy day tomorrow to grow stronger from today's effort.

Scott and Lynn, I sure wish I could have been there with y'all this trip. We will surely make up for it in Oct.

Disney Dreaming Panda:hippie:

I don't know how you're recording the April/May numbers, but here's my donation to Erica for the week ending Friday, 5/2:

MILES: 4.2 miles
TIME: 1:06 (or 1.1 in decimal format)

Hope all the Hakuna Matata contingency are having a great weekend, with no worries! :goodvibes

I don't know how you're recording the April/May numbers, but here's my donation to Erica for the week ending Friday, 5/2:

MILES: 4.2 miles
TIME: 1:06 (or 1.1 in decimal format)

Hope all the Hakuna Matata contingency are having a great weekend, with no worries! :goodvibes

Debra:hug:

Can't wait for Oct and a real Debra hug.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Good morning, everyone!

It's a busy weekend in our town. It's the 70th Annual Blossom and Music Festival. We had a parade yesterday and band competitions, craft fairs and the carnival is here too! We took two of our grandsons and went to the carnival. We all had a wonderful time! I also did a 5k first thing yesterday morning. Four miles per hour!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Much faster than the half, which I think is probably normal. It was fun, though, to get out and walk fast, be done and ready to go play with the boys! DH has gone up to Leadville this morning to meet with some of his brothers and I am enjoying the quiet while the boys are still sleeping.....Hope that lasts for a while longer! :laughing:

I hope everything is going great for you folks at WDW!

Good morning, everyone!

It's a busy weekend in our town. It's the 70th Annual Blossom and Music Festival. We had a parade yesterday and band competitions, craft fairs and the carnival is here too! We took two of our grandsons and went to the carnival. We all had a wonderful time! I also did a 5k first thing yesterday morning. Four miles per hour!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Much faster than the half, which I think is probably normal. It was fun, though, to get out and walk fast, be done and ready to go play with the boys! DH has gone up to Leadville this morning to meet with some of his brothers and I am enjoying the quiet while the boys are still sleeping.....Hope that lasts for a while longer! :laughing:

I hope everything is going great for you folks at WDW!

Hi Kathy, glad your back we missed you.

That was a good time for your race. I like the 5Ks also, you can go faster and then still have lots of day left.

I'm resting today. I'm finding that 5 days of exercise followed by 2 days of rest seems to work well for me.

Have a wonderfull day y'all.

Resting Panda:hippie:

Hi everyone

Still haven't gotten the camera downloaded. Hopefully I can do that later today.

I have been working at the farm and helping with all that. We have a vey small vineyard....6 grape vines ;) A peach orchard, apple orchard and pecan orchard (also pretty small), but they still need tending We have been trying to get some fence built, get the windmill running properly, etc. My DH thinks its fun. :lmao: The land layed fallow for over 80 years. We have a bumper crop of sage thanks to the neglect!

We have the garden in and my annual plants all started. I have added tremendously to my Hosta garden as well. While Kathy and I were in OKC, I bought a bird bath and put it in the Hosta garden with my bird feeders.

I've only been doing some easy walking this week. But I will be up and training soon. I plan to stay in half marathon condition.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Well team the minnie is in the bag, Lynn was 2:14 and I was 1:47.

More later, time to get ready for OCT, YES!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter