Grocery delivery service

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Hi all. I haven't done a grocery delivery in a long while and I am wondering which one is preferable for selection and timely delivery? Also, do I need to be present to receive delivery or will the resort (Copper Creek) accept it and hold it for me?

TIA,
Dee

I’ve done Amazon (Whole Foods), Instacart, and Kroger within the last year(ish). Kroger doesn’t allow tips and has a lot of free delivery coupon offerings, so they ended my choice last month. Excellent all around, you pick a window and you don’t need to be around, they leave at Bell services.

I’ve done Amazon (Whole Foods), Instacart, and Kroger within the last year(ish). Kroger doesn’t allow tips and has a lot of free delivery coupon offerings, so they ended my choice last month. Excellent all around, you pick a window and you don’t need to be around, they leave at Bell services.
How does Kroger bag? Walmart bags can be awful .

We’ve done Kroger and Shipt (supertarget) and have been very happy with both. We used to use garden grocer but switched over preCovid because their pricing seemed outrageous.

The groceries will be left with bell services and when you call down just let them know if you have refrigerated or frozen items.

edited to add: we have never used them but If you want alcohol, I believe Dizzy Dolphin will deliver it and leave it at bell services for you. They contract with a liquor store that independently verifies the age of the purchaser.

Last edited:

How does Kroger bag? Walmart bags can be awful .

You mean do they pack them heavy or squish stuff? The bags were packed decently, my bread got a little squished like it always does with every grocer. No mislabeled refrigerator items like I’ve had with Walmart.

also, how far in advance of arrival should I place the order? TIA, Dee

We used Vacation Grocery Delivery. I believe they're former cast members. We had a wonderful experience and was able to get alcohol also. They even texted me when doing my order.

Touring Plans actually just made a post today on instagram that included FAQs about grocery delivery. They also have a post on their site here https://touringplans.com/blog/grocery-delivery-to-your-disney-world-resort/ but if you are a visual person, the instagram post might be easier to go through https://www.instagram.com/touringplans

Personally, we've used Kroger and were satisfied with it (plus the prices were good). We ordered September 6th for a September 8th delivery. That was really convenient because we made the order before we even left for the trip. They did deliver outside of the delivery window, I think they were like an hour or so late. But because they delivered to bell services and we didn't need to be present, it wasn't that big of a deal.

editing to add that we were staying at boulder ridge (noticed you were staying at copper creek, so same bell service)

Last edited:
We used Walmart delivery at Boulder Ridge in January. I placed my order a few days in advance and was able to pick a 1-hour window of time for delivery. I paid $10 delivery fee plus a tip for the driver. I got text notifications when he was on his way but just had him leave the bags with bell service since we were eating dinner. We didn't have any alcohol or cold items though. We just picked them up on our way back to our room.

So you can still have groceries delivered to the resort? Someone had told me that Disney was no longer allowing it. We are staying at BLT in August and we’re trying to figure this out.

So you can still have groceries delivered to the resort? Someone had told me that Disney was no longer allowing it. We are staying at BLT in August and we’re trying to figure this out.
Yes, groceries can still be delivered to your Disney resort. If you aren't there when they arrive, Bell Services will hold groceries for you. Not sure how it's handled at BLT (whether there is only a storage area at the main Contemporary Resort building or if they have storage at the BLT building too). Hopefully someone with experience at BLT can chime in.

Yes, groceries can still be delivered to your Disney resort. If you aren't there when they arrive, Bell Services will hold groceries for you. Not sure how it's handled at BLT (whether there is only a storage area at the main Contemporary Resort building or if they have storage at the BLT building too). Hopefully someone with experience at BLT can chime in.
Great thanks! From what I remember BLT shares bell services with the contemp. Just glad we can still get it all delivered.

BLT will hold them if they deliver directly there, though we found some delivery places might drop them off at the Contemporary regardless, so we would check both if they were not at BLT but supposedly delivered.

The change is that if your order includes alcoholic beverages, you must be there to receive it. Bell Services can’t accept it from the delivery service. However, if you’re there to accept it and your room isn’t ready yet, Bell Services will store it. (It’s possible that one or two services may have alternate arrangements - I’m not sure.)

Will bell services deliver to your room like luggage? We are at Boulder Ridge and will be a larger order 2 weeks? Do the companies also do sundries? Or just foods. Thanks. We always did our own shopping but interested in trying this.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter