Grand Floridian Villas refurbishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
Have all the room in the Grand Floridian Villas been refurbished? I’m thinking of switching my room at the contemporary over there a room popped up available. It’s just a lot more money so I just wanted to double check if they’re still working on the building and we might hear construction? When we walked inside back in December there was scaffolding in the lobby area. We have a baby so trying to decide. Thanks in advance!

Have all the room in the Grand Floridian Villas been refurbished? I’m thinking of switching my room at the contemporary over there a room popped up available. It’s just a lot more money so I just wanted to double check if they’re still working on the building and we might hear construction? When we walked inside back in December there was scaffolding in the lobby area. We have a baby so trying to decide. Thanks in advance!
The refurb in the main building is done. The resort studios in the Big Pine Key building are in the process of being converted to DVC right now. The conversion should be completed by the time that building is open in late June.

The refurb in the main building is done. The resort studios in the Big Pine Key building are in the process of being converted to DVC right now. The conversion should be completed by the time that building is open in late June.
Thanks!

When are you going? I’m not sure when they’ll start building the Poly tower - but suspect that once that starts there may be some construction noise/impact on the VGF villas that face the Poly.

When are you going? I’m not sure when they’ll start building the Poly tower - but suspect that once that starts there may be some construction noise/impact on the VGF villas that face the Poly.
In a little more than a week. When does that start getting built?

I doubt the Poly construction is starting anytime soon. The work at the GF DVC building will still be going on in a week. Honestly, if it is a huge price difference, I would save my money and then spend some time at GF. You can enjoy the restaurants and atmosphere without staying there, IMO.

I doubt the Poly construction is starting anytime soon. The work at the GF DVC building will still be going on in a week. Honestly, if it is a huge price difference, I would save my money and then spend some time at GF. You can enjoy the restaurants and atmosphere without staying there, IMO.
Decided against switching because of cost. It was a huge amount more. It was a lake view, wish a standard view had popped up it would have been less. I really wanted to make the change, my husband is the voice of reason lol

Just had a "Resort Studio" TPV pop up for our stay in September. I went ahead and snagged that sucker. Looking forward to staying on the monorail.
Yes, the BPK resort studios at the VGF opened for non home resort 7 month bookings just after midnight today. Wonder how long they’ll last & how much inventory will open elsewhere :).

Yes, the BPK resort studios at the VGF opened for non home resort 7 month bookings just after midnight today. Wonder how long they’ll last & how much inventory will open elsewhere :).
WOW! I'm glad I just happened to look today then. They will go quickly I imagine

Looks like there is still a lot of availabilty for the new rooms. Given the fact they don't have microwaves or a reg. fridge makes those rooms just like getting a regular hotel room which also sleeps 5 nothing special about the new rooms.

Looks like there is still a lot of availabilty for the new rooms. Given the fact they don't have microwaves or a reg. fridge makes those rooms just like getting a regular hotel room which also sleeps 5 nothing special about the new rooms.

It's fair to say the rooms and amenities aren't for you, but saying these rooms offer nothing unique in the DVC system is just untrue.

It's fair to say the rooms and amenities aren't for you, but saying these rooms offer nothing unique in the DVC system is just untrue.

They are a different option for point stays but in reality they are simply a hotel rooms so not sure what about them is special..

Granted, some may want that and I have one booked for July to try it, but honestly, not sure I will stick with staying again.

I don't think it will be long until microwaves and toasters are added to these rooms.
I'm not so sure that will happen.

I'm seeing more posts expressing enthusiasm for the resort studio format than even I thought would appear.

As I've been saying since these were first pictured and described, I think there are more than initially thought who actually prefer these because they don't want to fix food.

I personally like the larger villas for the extra space & the washer/dryer which comes in handy for longer trips & my trips tend to be 10+ days because I fly in from the west coast. However, I‘m looking forward to arriving a few days early & enjoying a solo pre stay in BPK this winter & if I enjoy that may do so in the future as well. I love the grounds at the GF & grabbing a bite at Gasparillas, the cafe, or the Enchanted Rose, so for a 2 night stay I can survive w/out a microwave & as long as my drinks & fruit are chilled I’m good.
There’ll certainly be a demographic who aren’t interested in the resort studios but I think there’ll be a lot of people happy to have 2 ‘real’ beds in a larger studio on the monorail walkable to MK even if the studio doesn’t have a microwave or mini frig w/ freezer.

Personally I like the option to have two real bed in a studio. Two joining rooms with 4 real beds adds some possibilities that a one bedroom doesn’t offer (for same amount of points). Granted I’d rather the one bedroom if few guests are coming but it’s an enticing option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter