Grand Floridian Villas refurbishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so sure that will happen.

I'm seeing more posts expressing enthusiasm for the resort studio format than even I thought would appear.

As I've been saying since these were first pictured and described, I think there are more than initially thought who actually prefer these because they don't want to fix food.
I don’t know. You can still book a resort studio for times when all deluxe studios are currently sold out, inside 7 months. We will see once the reviews come in.

I'm seeing more posts expressing enthusiasm for the resort studio format than even I thought would appear.

As I've been saying since these were first pictured and described, I think there are more than initially thought who actually prefer these because they don't want to fix food.
It's good to have another room style/option in the DVC family, but there was no good reason not to put a microwave in these rooms. Nothing screams flagship resort quite like making a trek to Gasparilla Island to use the microwave.

Two queen beds in a studio, with a single pull-down bed for a 5th person at a MK resort. Not available anywhere else at WDW in a DVC studio. :)

Like I said, it’s a different option for owners but certainly not what I would personally consider special given what they are lacking in comparison to other studios.

And, I thought I would want to stay in them and booked some for several trips, but the more I thought of it, the more I realized I would not and changed things back to 1 bedrooms for all the trips I could.

But, I am sure it will be popular for those not owning there to have the ability to stay at VGF.

I don’t know. You can still book a resort studio for times when all deluxe studios are currently sold out, inside 7 months. We will see once the reviews come in.
The resort studios have only been available for non home resort booking for 3 days, so a bit early to see booking trends. There are 47 deluxe studios, there will be 202 resort studios - it will likely always be easier to get the resort studios.
My guess in order of hardest to easiest to book studios at MK resorts at 7 months after VGF2 sells out but before Poly2:
VGF deluxe w/ 47 studios
BLT w/ 133 studios (or maybe not - they are tiny!)
VGF resort w/ 202 studios
Poly w/ 360 studios

I can’t express enough enthusiasm for these new rooms. I don’t give a fig about the nuke or fridge. A drink fridge is more than enough to keep my beverages cool

what matters to me are the two real beds

i had a reservation in a deluxe studio at gfv that I switched over to a resort studio. I’ve now got two bookings for resort studios with plans to only stay in resort studios

im on vacation, I have no intention of cooking or even bothering with leftovers

super excited about these rooms

We booked 3 nights in November at the beginning of a split stay and no microwave and toaster doesn’t bother us at all. We will cook in a 1/2 bedroom at times but it’s never been a necessity in a studio. I could understand wanting the microwave and toaster if spending a week or more in a studio.

I am excited to try them out, the rooms look spacious and well done and a pretty central location.

I can’t express enough enthusiasm for these new rooms. I don’t give a fig about the nuke or fridge. A drink fridge is more than enough to keep my beverages cool

what matters to me are the two real beds

i had a reservation in a deluxe studio at gfv that I switched over to a resort studio. I’ve now got two bookings for resort studios with plans to only stay in resort studios

im on vacation, I have no intention of cooking or even bothering with leftovers

super excited about these rooms

I could have gotten away without the microwave….but no full coffee pot and no toaster are big deals for us.

Just changed back to the 1 bedrooms for My trips, except July. We stayed for that 1 night because it’s too late to switch back.

I could have gotten away without the microwave….but no full coffee pot and no toaster are big deals for us.

Just changed back to the 1 bedrooms for My trips, except July. We stayed for that 1 night because it’s too late to switch back.
not coffee drinkers so can’t even relate with that one. Even if we did drink the black stuff though we wouldn’t even be in the room to use it as we always rope drop

i will say there appears space enough for the full setup but I’m not missing it so more than happy to enjoy these new rooms

not coffee drinkers so can’t even relate with that one. Even if we did drink the black stuff though we wouldn’t even be in the room to use it as we always rope drop

i will say there appears space enough for the full setup but I’m not missing it so more than happy to enjoy these new rooms

I think that is the most disappointing part. They could have kept those things as there is room for them and hoping it changes over time. I hope people continue to express disappointment for those not being there.

I think that is the most disappointing part. They could have kept those things as there is room for them and hoping it changes over time. I hope people continue to express disappointment for those not being there.
This is the bit I’m not sure about as it’s money that talks

if these rooms sell out dvc will assume they are a success so unless people don’t book these rooms I doubt anything will change

as it’s gfv I don’t see any scenario where these rooms are not sold out every week

2 real queen beds is a HUGE win for our family. I really don’t like the 1 queen bed and 1 couch setup of the studios.
The question is, will you be able to request a toaster (or even a microwave) from housekeeping when staying in the resort studios? That could be a game changer for many…

2 real queen beds is a HUGE win for our family. I really don’t like the 1 queen bed and 1 couch setup of the studios.
The question is, will you be able to request a toaster (or even a microwave) from housekeeping when staying in the resort studios? That could be a game changer for many…
If enough do, maybe DVC will add them. It appears there is enough room to do so.

I don’t know about the microwave, but we routinely purchase an inexpensive toaster from Walmart or Publix when staying for a week or more, since DW is gluten-free and the supplied toasters in any of the villas have been cross-contaminated. We simply leave it behind when we check out. We mark the original box to note that the enclosed toaster is gluten-free. I have no idea what housekeeping does with them after we leave.

I don’t know about the microwave, but we routinely purchase an inexpensive toaster from Walmart or Publix when staying for a week or more, since DW is gluten-free and the supplied toasters in any of the villas have been cross-contaminated. We simply leave it behind when we check out. We mark the original box to note that the enclosed toaster is gluten-free. I have no idea what housekeeping does with them after we leave.

There's a housekeeper somewhere with a dozen toasters in their closet.

I really don’t understand the toaster, microwave and fridge issue. These rooms don’t have these amenities, so rather than make a stink why don’t people go stay somewhere else that does offer these things and leave these rooms as is to those who like them as they are

before anyone responds and says but dvc isn’t dvc without a fridge, microwave or toaster let me just say this

dvc can and is changing. I do not want these amenities and others share this view. No where does it say a room for dvc must have these amenities This isn’t etched in stone that every dvc room must have these amenities so please enlighten me why rather than complain one can’t just go find another room and or resort that better meets their need?

I really don’t understand the toaster, microwave and fridge issue. These rooms don’t have these amenities, so rather than make a stink why don’t people go stay somewhere else that does offer these things and leave these rooms as is to those who like them as they are

before anyone responds and says but dvc isn’t dvc without a fridge, microwave or toaster let me just say this

dvc can and is changing. I do not want these amenities and others share this view. No where does it say a room for dvc must have these amenities This isn’t etched in stone that every dvc room must have these amenities so please enlighten me why rather than complain one can’t just go find another room and or resort that better meets their need?
I’ll do you one better. Why would these rooms having them, when they clearly have the space, bother you? Just don’t use them.

I’ll do you one better. Why would these rooms having them, when they clearly have the space, bother you? Just don’t use them.
But I’m not complaining about the rooms. I don’t get why others are when there is a whole list of other rooms and other resorts that have these amenities

book elsewhere if that toaster is worthy of complaint

But I’m not complaining about the rooms. I don’t get why others are when there is a whole list of other rooms and other resorts that have these amenities

Option 1: Toaster and microwave in the resort studio rooms, people who want to use them can, people who don't can ignore them. Result: 99.99999 percent of people happy (100 percent minus you).

Option 2: No toaster in microwave in the resort studio rooms, nobody can use them. Result: 50 percent of people happy.

You are deriding people for wanting option 1, and I can't understand why.

Or post elsewhere if people complaining about a lack of a toaster is worthy of complaint? See what you did? Now I'm complaining about you complaining about others complaining. When will it end? Or maybe it's just the DISboards being the DISboards. People complain here - that's what we do. In fact, if somebody would post a good old fashioned long winded rant about toasters and microwaves, I would enjoy it very much. Since it's the VGF, not only should it have a toaster, it should have a Revolution Instaglo toaster.

Why does it bother you that people would like certain things, even as small as a toaster?

It takes nothing away from anyone who doesn’t want it. And sending a complaint helps them get feedback on what owners would like.

For many long time owners, those are important pieces when staying in a studio. I agree that if they remain missing, one will have to decide.

But, nothing wrong with being disappointed that some things that have been staples in DVC rooms are not part of these.

If the people like me continue to share thoughts and they get enough, they may choose to add things that can be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter