Grand Floridian DVC Info, Speculation, and Update Thread - Part 1!

We should hopefully be getting our paperwork in the mail later this week, I am SO pumped! :cheer2:

My guide said they wouldn't even mail out the papers until next week, but that I should have my points loaded tomorrow morning!

Here's to hoping not that many people bought so that member admin doesn't take all day to add my points! pixiedust:

No, you can always pash cash ;)

I just got off the phone with my guide and you can add on points in 5 point increments. The amount just has to start at 50 if you are financing. We added on 30 points.

Oooooh, ok. That makes much more sense. Thank you.

Congrats on the ad on! Enjoy those points!!!

Thanks. I always loved staying there. We had been going since Dec. 2005 and staying at GF Concierge level main building twice a year. We bought into BLT in 2010 because it was the smart thing to do dollar wise for us. But I really missed the GF. Now we'll get to go every other year in Dec. God Willing.
Nancyprincess:

So if you buy 50 or more points you HAVE to finance? You can't pay cash?

My guide said they wouldn't even mail out the papers until next week, but that I should have my points loaded tomorrow morning!

Here's to hoping not that many people bought so that member admin doesn't take all day to add my points! pixiedust:

My guide mentioned this morning they already have a day's worth of contracts to add into the system, for whatever that is worth. However, he also said I would be able to book starting tomorrow morning. I didn't follow up as I'm not planning a stay at VGF for next year. Maybe they are actually entering the info as they go, but not opening it up until the morning? I guess you'll find out - good luck!

Well, I guess my guide works out of California, and they aren't legally allowed to discuss VGF yet....so now I'm waiting for an email from one of her counterparts in Florida. I was ready to bite the bullet on an add-on...now I have to wait.

We bought 120pt contract yesterday. Was told we could book tomorrow afternoon:). Disappointed that they will not have founding members at this resort:(

Ok, just pulled the trigger! Just a little add on to ensure we get to stay there on occasion and don't get shut out by the home advantage. :stitch2:

Good thing I was trolling the DIS boards or I would have missed out on the early sales to owners entirely as we lost our guide and no one had been reassigned. :shamrock:

Love that snickering Stitch..... where do you find these unusual ones?

If anyone is interested, VGF info is up on the dvcmember.com website now. And I believe it is an option for online booking.

From the member website (below). Looks like these villas really are going to be nice! I am shocked they are going to have TV's in the mirrors of EVERY bathroom- seems a bit of overkill :), but oh well- I guess it will be grand!

Elegant Amenities and Upgrades

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa features luxurious amenities and upgraded room features. This new Resort continues the Grand Legacy that began with Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Beautiful appointments are in proud display throughout The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa—from the lobby with its delightful Mary Poppins-themed bronze fountain and 5-tier custom grand chandeliers—to every room of the luxurious Villas.

Eye-catching touches include crown molding throughout the Villas, cove ceilings in the living room and bedrooms, custom art work, ceiling fans in each room and tiled balconies or porches.

Kitchens are upgraded with a panelized refrigerator and dishwasher, stainless steel appliances, a farmhouse sink, granite countertops, seeded glass doors on cabinets and a decorative window above the sink.

There is mosaic marble tile on all bathroom floors. In the master bathroom, there is a freestanding Victorian style tub with air bubble jets and a walk-in master bath shower with beveled subway tile walls. Every bathroom features a mirror TV. Also, for your enjoyment there are bathrobes, additional towels and bath amenities.

The 3-bedroom Grand Villa has a media room with its own home theater system, Blu-ray™ player and surround sound.

So I call my guide this morning and he is out of town till tomorrow!!!!!! How is this possible??? LOL You'd think that he'd want to be here. Anyways. :/

From the member website (below). Looks like these villas really are going to be nice! I am shocked they are going to have TV's in the mirrors of EVERY bathroom- seems a bit of overkill :), but oh well- I guess it will be grand!

Elegant Amenities and Upgrades

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa features luxurious amenities and upgraded room features. This new Resort continues the Grand Legacy that began with Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Beautiful appointments are in proud display throughout The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa—from the lobby with its delightful Mary Poppins-themed bronze fountain and 5-tier custom grand chandeliers—to every room of the luxurious Villas.

Eye-catching touches include crown molding throughout the Villas, cove ceilings in the living room and bedrooms, custom art work, ceiling fans in each room and tiled balconies or porches.

Kitchens are upgraded with a panelized refrigerator and dishwasher, stainless steel appliances, a farmhouse sink, granite countertops, seeded glass doors on cabinets and a decorative window above the sink.

There is mosaic marble tile on all bathroom floors. In the master bathroom, there is a freestanding Victorian style tub with air bubble jets and a walk-in master bath shower with beveled subway tile walls. Every bathroom features a mirror TV. Also, for your enjoyment there are bathrobes, additional towels and bath amenities.

The 3-bedroom Grand Villa has a media room with its own home theater system, Blu-ray™ player and surround sound.

"3-bedroom" Grand Villas? I thought they were 4-bedroom?

The media room sounds nice, though. Looks like that takes up one of the bedrooms? See the floor plans posted on DVCNews.com. I guess the media room will have a pull-out for sleeping, but won't be called a bedroom.

Editing to add... I think if I ever had the points to afford a GV I'd be bringing some friends, and I'd prefer a 4th bedroom with a real bed.

"3-bedroom" Grand Villas? I thought they were 4-bedroom?

The media room sounds nice, though. Looks like that takes up one of the bedrooms? See the floor plans posted on DVCNews.com. I guess the media room will have a pull-out for sleeping, but won't be called a bedroom.

Editing to add... I think if I ever had the points to afford a GV I'd be bringing some friends, and I'd prefer a 4th bedroom with a real bed.

Yeah I read that the media room, although a 4th room, doesn't have a closet so technically isn't a bedroom. :confused3 But if it sleeps 2 people...

There are no pull out beds in the living room of the GV. So unlike BLT there are more options for sleeping arrangements when you have people who can't or won't sleep with another person. E.g. Boy and girl siblings that are too old to share a bed or two adults male and female that are not a couple. In the BLT GV one could sleep in the loft and the other in the Living room. But it doesn't look like VGF's GV will have that option.

It appears that by adding the murphy pull down bed in the entertainment center of the VGF studio, it removes all the drawers for storing clothes. If that is the case it's ruined the studios for DH and I. I can't see us bothering to reserve a 1BR for just the two of us. I don't cook on vacation and we don't need a king size bed. That would be a waste of points.

By removing the drawers the VGF studio is now just a hotel room where you live out of a suitcase. And that is not why I bought into the DVC. I think the DVC made a mistake on this change. I am sorry that larger families might have to spend more points because of having to switch to a one bedroom, but that is the way it should be IMO. Now the room really isn't a DVC villa IMO, it is a hotel room.

Note to self..... DON'T put Shark Week on the Mirror TV in the bathroom while you take a shower! :scared1:

It appears that by adding the murphy pull down bed in the entertainment center of the VGF studio, it removes all the drawers for storing clothes. If that is the case it's ruined the studios for DH and I. I can't see us bothering to reserve a 1BR for just the two of us. I don't cook on vacation and we don't need a king size bed. That would be a waste of points.

By removing the drawers the VGF studio is now just a hotel room where you live out of a suitcase. And that is not why I bought into the DVC. I think the DVC made a mistake on this change. I am sorry that larger families might have to spend more points because of having to switch to a one bedroom, but that is the way it should be IMO. Now the room really isn't a DVC villa IMO, it is a hotel room.

Can't really tell right now, but maybe there will be some drawers on the sides of the murphy bed and/or in the closet. I kind of doubt they would leave no drawers in the room at all... but you never know.

Love that snickering Stitch..... where do you find these unusual ones?

When you write your post, look at the bottom of the smilie list and click where it says "more." Make sure you maximize the window that opens as there are two sides to it. :dancer:

Still no update on my available points...they must have had a lot of preorders!

That's a good point! I like the pull down bed option, but not enough to give up drawer space. They must have some available somewhere in the room...

When you write your post, look at the bottom of the smilie list and click where it says "more." Make sure you maximize the window that opens as there are two sides to it. :dancer:

Still no update on my available points...they must have had a lot of preorders!

Thank you! Congratulations btw!

And congratulations to everyone who has a new home at GFV! So happy for you all!

I never saw a studio as anything but a hotel room. There will be about 25 studios at VGF that will be like the hotels rooms at GF-which has 900 of them. Just now they will be about 1/3 the price.

On the contrary-many families will now not need the 1BR (much less the 2BR) since the studios sleep 5 and have 2 showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter