Grand Californian questions?

xoxosmom

Earning My Ears
Hi. Can anyone tell me what type of view room you can see the fireworks from? Is it the downtown disney? I am trying to decide if it is worth it to change, I currently booked a courtyard view. Is there a comfortable place to watch the fireworks without being right in the middle of the crush?

Also I read where somebody mentioning kids activities at the GC. Can anyone give me some info?

And finally is there a fridge in the room or do I need to request it? And can I have them lock the minibar? I read somewhere that it is very touchy.

Thanks!

xoxosmom said:
Hi. Can anyone tell me what type of view room you can see the fireworks from? Is it the downtown disney? I am trying to decide if it is worth it to change, I currently booked a courtyard view. Is there a comfortable place to watch the fireworks without being right in the middle of the crush?

Also I read where somebody mentioning kids activities at the GC. Can anyone give me some info?

And finally is there a fridge in the room or do I need to request it? And can I have them lock the minibar? I read somewhere that it is very touchy.

Thanks!
1 - I don't know if any particular room type will get the fireworks show. Even downtown disney and theme park view rooms have a a good chance of being obstructed. The only guarantee is getting concierge level and viewing them from the concierge lounge.

2 - They do have kids activities. Pinnochios workshop has things for them to do and when we were there in July, one of the cast members went and got pictures and crayons for my girls to color. Then they put them in a mailbox and to send to their favorite character.

3 - There is no mini fridge in the room other than the minibar fridge. You can request one and they will bring one up at no additional charge. As far as locking the fridge, I don't know, but I would like to find out. When we were there our two year old almost took something out without us knowing on the last day.

Enjoy your stay there...it is a beautiful hotel. We are going back in May and staying there again!

We had a downtown disney view room a few years ago and you can see the fireworks, but not that well.

Not sure about the rooms, but you could stroll over to the Paradise Pier and sit on their pool deck to watch the fireworks - they pipe in the music...and there are deck chairs, etc. We thought it was a great alternative to being in the squish...

xoxosmom said:

We will be there at the beginning of May and have requested a fridge in the room. The minibar can not be locked or emptied according to my AAA agent who asked. The minibar is touchy - if you move an itea you have bought it. I am going to call the hotel directly and ask. I post when I find out.

Just got off the phone with the front desk of GC. Yes the minibar can be locked. You need to tell them when you check in that you would like it locked. They lock it from the computer at the front desk. One thing less to worry about!

We have been able to see the fireworks from the last 3 trips when we had downtown Disney views. None of these were obstructed, so we must have been lucky.

The times that we have stayed at the GC when we did not have a downtown Disney view, we went to the little overlook area just outside of the elevators on the 6th floor. This is next to the concierge lounge so you can see the fireworks and hear the music piped in to the lounge. But SHHHH!, we don't want the word to get out on this so we can still go there! ;) It hasn't been taken when we've tried it before.

We had a DTD view (right across of Hagen Daas) and had a perfect unobstructed view of the fireworks.

That being said, I still think that you should try to view them at least once in the park preferrably near the castle. We didn't realize how much we were missing (Julie Andrews narration, Tinker Bell soaring many times around the castle, the projected images on the castle, as well as the accompanying music...just to name a few) that really made the show special! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter