Gourd Birdhouses

mtblujeans

DIS Veteran
I get emails from P. Allen Smith and my latest email shows how to carve out a gourd to make a birdhouse. This is something that interests me, but I don't have access to gourds so I guess I will have to grow some next summer. :laughing:

I was going to suggest a farm market, but I see that the newsletter doew mention them as a source for gourds!

Bobbi:goodvibes

You may find them in the fall in of all places supermarkets as part of their fall decorations. I'll keep my eyes open and PM you if I find one. Mine is homegrown made a few years ago as a fun project. No birds have ever setup housekeeping in it though.

Would you mind posting a picture of yours? I would love to see it. Can you paint the outside of them, or would that detract the birds?

I'll try but it's been raining buckets since I got back from WDW. There are probably much better ones on the internet if you need ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter