Got to do Mission Space today

I've done both, Ron, prefer the green version. The green would be sort of like Star Tours. There is all the movement of the orange, except the spinning. You do feel some 'G-forces' since the capsules roll backward some during 'takeoff', and put some weight on your back. It's good. After riding the orange when it first came out, I felt a bit weird getting off. Not sick, not lightheaded, just weird for maybe 5 minutes. :confused3 At my stage of the game, I don't need to have weird feelings getting off any ride. :)

Me & you both Dan! ;) I actually had the same feeling the one time I tried the orange version, lasted longer than 5 minutes. Not the worst thing in the world but for the entertainment value of the attraction it just wasn't worth it. I just watched the video of the new green version, maybe the DGDs would like it. Thanks for your thoughts!

Gary Sinese was great, I'll admit, but I gotta say... I love the new video with Gina Torres. I think she's a great actress - loved her in Suits.

Just watched the Torres' version on Youtube....this is a significantly inferior performance compared to Gary Sinise. It felt completely forced and unauthentic. I agree with the prior poster who said Gary brought a "fighter pilot kind of cool" vibe. He was eminently believable in the role as Capcom. Gina simply is not. One actor nailed the role. The other one missed. I don't blame Torres...it was just a bad decision to cast her here. Sinise was simply synonymous with this ride and given that the script didn't change there was no need to replace him.

I just watched the videos of the green and Orange side. Orange hasn't changed much at all, if any. Green is completely different. I'm not sure if I am happy about that. It struck me as a Soarin on steroids. Even the elevation didn't seem to be high enough to be a space orbit, but, what do I know... I've never been to space.
Neil deGrasse Tyson has explained it as the ISS orbits at about the same height from the Earth as a coat of shellac would be on a classroom globe. I've also heard astronauts say that the Earth takes up all or nearly all of their field of view while on the ISS. I don't know if the new Green gets it exactly right, but they are actually pretty close to the Earth when doing normal, manned orbits... close is relative, of course. :-)

Sounds really cool! Is the new green version milder than before? Even the green version would give me motion sickness. My DS likes this ride and I would like to ride it.

Neil deGrasse Tyson has explained it as the ISS orbits at about the same height from the Earth as a coat of shellac would be on a classroom globe. I've also heard astronauts say that the Earth takes up all or nearly all of their field of view while on the ISS. I don't know if the new Green gets it exactly right, but they are actually pretty close to the Earth when doing normal, manned orbits... close is relative, of course. :-)
I'm sure that is all true, just seemed like the same view as flying in a jet plane, except that at 35K feet most all that stuff seems smaller in real life. I'll wait and see how it feels on the actual ride.

Just watched Gina Torres' version as well.

While I will miss Gary Sinise's version, I enjoyed her version as well and I liked her refreshing attitude. I think it's a nice touch and it's pretty much comparable.

Rode it on Saturday as a special gift. Was down for 2 days to catch the closing of Movie Ride & Ellen. Did not expect to ride this, so it was some Disney Magic. I think the idea is good, but you are looking at Earth from orbit, and its at night, so you see the basic areas of the country you fly over. It seemed short to me, but it was a neat change of pace.

So we rode green yesterday. The preflight was exactly the same script. They have booster seats for little kids now. The video felt short and my husband and I were slightly disappointed. I am 6'0 and he's 6'2. We both got off saying the video seemed off to us. I'm not 100% sure how to completely explain it, but we almost had to lean forward to see it correctly. It was like the angle was off. Anyone else feel that way?

Ride green today... wasn't impressed. I definitely miss the old version. It felt more like Soarin' space edition than anything. Probably will skip it next time till I'm brave enough for the orange side.

I rode mission space before they made orange or green versions. This was many years ago.

Man it freaked me out cause I had no idea it was going to feel the way it did.

I rode the tame version last time I went and it was so tame I couldn't believe it was the same ride lol

I'm in a bind though since I'll never do orange again cause it freaks me out lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter