Got to do Mission Space today

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by luvmy2boyzz, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

Me & you both Dan! ;) I actually had the same feeling the one time I tried the orange version, lasted longer than 5 minutes. Not the worst thing in the world but for the entertainment value of the attraction it just wasn't worth it. I just watched the video of the new green version, maybe the DGDs would like it. Thanks for your thoughts!

2. dolphinz510

dolphinz510 Earning My Ears

Gary Sinese was great, I'll admit, but I gotta say... I love the new video with Gina Torres. I think she's a great actress - loved her in Suits.

OrigamiPrayers likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Buckeye218

Buckeye218 Gold Castaway Club Member

Just watched the Torres' version on Youtube....this is a significantly inferior performance compared to Gary Sinise. It felt completely forced and unauthentic. I agree with the prior poster who said Gary brought a "fighter pilot kind of cool" vibe. He was eminently believable in the role as Capcom. Gina simply is not. One actor nailed the role. The other one missed. I don't blame Torres...it was just a bad decision to cast her here. Sinise was simply synonymous with this ride and given that the script didn't change there was no need to replace him.

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Mouseketeer

Neil deGrasse Tyson has explained it as the ISS orbits at about the same height from the Earth as a coat of shellac would be on a classroom globe. I've also heard astronauts say that the Earth takes up all or nearly all of their field of view while on the ISS. I don't know if the new Green gets it exactly right, but they are actually pretty close to the Earth when doing normal, manned orbits... close is relative, of course. :-)

6. ofcabbagesandkings

ofcabbagesandkings Mouseketeer

My DS is going to be so excited to ride green side this Fall. He always talks about wanting to go to outer space.

HillsboroHoppers likes this.
  7. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

Sounds really cool! Is the new green version milder than before? Even the green version would give me motion sickness. My DS likes this ride and I would like to ride it.

8. goofyernmost

goofyernmost Aged to Perfection

I'm sure that is all true, just seemed like the same view as flying in a jet plane, except that at 35K feet most all that stuff seems smaller in real life. I'll wait and see how it feels on the actual ride.

9. jasperess

jasperess Mouseketeer

Just watched Gina Torres' version as well.

While I will miss Gary Sinise's version, I enjoyed her version as well and I liked her refreshing attitude. I think it's a nice touch and it's pretty much comparable.

dolphinz510 and OrigamiPrayers like this.
  10. OB1

OB1 May the Ears be with you

Rode it on Saturday as a special gift. Was down for 2 days to catch the closing of Movie Ride & Ellen. Did not expect to ride this, so it was some Disney Magic. I think the idea is good, but you are looking at Earth from orbit, and its at night, so you see the basic areas of the country you fly over. It seemed short to me, but it was a neat change of pace.

11. Soon2B4

Soon2B4 DIS Veteran

So we rode green yesterday. The preflight was exactly the same script. They have booster seats for little kids now. The video felt short and my husband and I were slightly disappointed. I am 6'0 and he's 6'2. We both got off saying the video seemed off to us. I'm not 100% sure how to completely explain it, but we almost had to lean forward to see it correctly. It was like the angle was off. Anyone else feel that way?