Got the green light for a Vegas trip in July!! Strip VS Fremont

I have to admit that it's been probably 10, maybe 15 years since we stayed at Imperial Palace. Only stayed one night, thank god. It was the most disgusting dump I've ever stayed in. Wouldn't go back if you paid me, even after the remodel and the name change - it was that bad.

YMMV.

-Bob

OTOH, I agree entirely with the Golden Nugget. My favorite place downtown. And the pool and slide are cool. Staying there again this August.

-Bob

I wouldn't step into the Imperial Palace if somebody paid me let alone stay the night there. The owner is incredibly sketchy. Loves Hitler, the Nazis, all sorts of strange stuff. And the hotel is not well taken care of. Also, if you knew everything locals did about the Stratosphere, you would never, ever, ever, go on any of those rides.

I wouldn't step into the Imperial Palace if somebody paid me let alone stay the night there. The owner is incredibly sketchy. Loves Hitler, the Nazis, all sorts of strange stuff. And the hotel is not well taken care of. Also, if you knew everything locals did about the Stratosphere, you would never, ever, ever, go on any of those rides.

The original owner died in 2002 and his heirs sold to Harrah's in 2005.

It was always the unwanted stepchild with Harrah's (now Caeser's). It was typically free if you had a player's card, even if you barely gambled. They only recently tried to do anything to improve it.

Rio is much nicer, although some people don't like the location well off the Strip.

The Four Queens downtown has very low ceilings in the gaming area and it makes me very claustrophobic.
Golden Nugget is very nice in the Rush town. Very large rooms. I wish the room in WDW were that large.
We like to take a day and go downtown for fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter