Got Ears? **THREAD CLOSED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
LATEST and FINAL UPDATE - 5/29/06 - I've had a lot of fun giving away black ears for the last 10 months! :) But the time has come to close this thread now. My main reason is because I don't want to get banned, and/or cause my husband CL_capecad to get banned, due to being identified as a Dis Board member, while on VMK. MANY thanks to all of the Black Ears donators, who's names appear below. Together we've brought a lot of happiness to many, many DIS/VMK members, and I truly appreciate all of the donations that have been made. If anyone wishes, they certainly can start their own Black Ears Donation thread, but I feel the time is right to close mine down, especially because as of right now, I am all out of black ears anyway. :)

BLACK EARS HAVE BEEN GENEROUSLY DONATED BY THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:

CL_capecad
MomsGoneGoofy (multiple-time donator!) :cheer2:
Coasterguy (MANY, MANY, MANY donations!! Woot!) :cheer2:
makinorlando
cat.herder (multiple-time donator!) :cheer2:
kitashus

(and me, CL_CapeGirl)

THANKS TO EACH OF YOU!!!!!!!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

:earsboy: :earsgirl:

Instructions for those who want to make a donation:

When you go to the Magic Kingdom at WDW or DisneyLand, there's a store called "VMK CENTRAL" that has some computer terminals set up and ready to sign onto VMK.

You get black ears each time you create a NEW character from one of those terminals. You can use "fake" email addresses to sign up with, just be sure you remember what you use, and the passwords, because you'll need to sign onto these new characters again at some point to access the black ears!

If you would rather not use a fake email, please send me a PM before you leave and I can give you valid emails and passwords to use; we own several domains and can create as many email addresses as we need to

When my husband and I went to WDW, we created a total of 17 characters, therefore we were able to give out 17 black ears to other people (We already had them for ourselves).

When you get back home, send me a PM and we can set up a time to meet on VMK so you can "trade" the black ears to me. It is actually a donation because I do not give anything in return for the ears. (Sorry, but that's why this is a Gift/Donation thread! I'm just the middle man here! lol)

Most people had already gotten together their new characters and had them give the black ears to their main character, so that by the time they were ready to donate them to me, I only had to make a trade with their main character. However, that can be time consuming so I'm willing to take my time to get together with each of the new characters to get the ears from them, if that is what the donator prefers. Also, if I have give you the emails and passwords, then I can just access the ears directly myself. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Any questions, let me know. And thank you! :flower:

I have a question for ya (I already have ears myself). I have not been to WDW since i discovered VMK so I don't know about creating characters in the parks. Do they actually let you create more than one per person? You said you would try to get a dozen or more. What do you get when you create a "born in park" character besides the ears and the badge? I'm trying to figure out all the VMK things I can acheive when I go, hopefully in the near future!
Thanks,
:flower: Mia :flower:

i need ears because i can not go to WDW

What a nice thing to do, Seaspray! I hope that the people who accept this offer use them for their own personal enjoyment, and not for trading.

Jellyrolls

MiakodaWDW said:
I have a question for ya (I already have ears myself). I have not been to WDW since i discovered VMK so I don't know about creating characters in the parks. Do they actually let you create more than one per person? You said you would try to get a dozen or more. What do you get when you create a "born in park" character besides the ears and the badge? I'm trying to figure out all the VMK things I can acheive when I go, hopefully in the near future!
Thanks,
:flower: Mia :flower:

As far as I know, all you get is the black ears and the "Born in Park" badge for that specific character. Oh, and if there any clothes that are only available to new characters, you have to choose them at the time you create the character.

TLinden16 said:
What a nice thing to do, Seaspray! I hope that the people who accept this offer use them for their own personal enjoyment, and not for trading.

Jellyrolls

Thanks, Jellyrolls. CapeCAD and I would love to see any of the DIS kids get ears that don't already have them, as well as any VMK adults who don't have any.

We obviously don't want to monopolize the VMK Central terminals while we're at WDW, but we will be stopping in there several times during our trip, so if we each create a character each time we stop in, I think we can easily bring home about a dozen black ears. :earsboy: :earsgirl:

I could use a pair as well, please :) Heck, I will even take the entire charachter if you were just letting them go wild! LOL Take the stuff from It first, drain the credits and then I would be more than happy to take it off your hands :))))

I would love a pair of black ears. :)

Altho, put me on the bottom of the list, since I would rather see kids that don't have them get them first.

And they would never be traded away by me (unless to give to a child that doesn't have them).

I would love a pair of black ears as I can't get to Disney this year. Thanks for asking.

Have a lovely time in WDW. :wizard:

SeaSpray, this is such a nice thing to do. but then, that is why we are all cape fans!

Don't forget that there are some clothing items like camera shirts and lanyard shirts that can only be gotten when you create a new character. I know it takes a little more time to find them, but you might make someones day by being able to gift them or trade them one of those shirts.

Have a great time! And thanks for being so nice. (ps. I don't need ears or camera shirts.. just thought I'd bring it up, the trouble maker that I am. :) )

and will make alot of our DIS family very happy.

I already have ears thanks to Califgirl and purplegoddess both who offered and made Characters for me in the parks...

As far as I know, all you get is the black ears and the "Born in Park" badge for that specific character. Oh, and if there any clothes that are only available to new characters, you have to choose them at the time you create the character.

you also receive a total of 5 rooms one of each of the rooms offered and 1 of your choosing.

Have Fun Capes at the WORLD!!!!

Mal

If you don't have too many requests, I would like ears. But I can wait until MouseFest to get my own. Maybe those of us going could get extra set of ears for the Dis family who still need them at that time. They would make a nice holiday gift, game prize or Zeta Girl friendship gift. As the time gets closer to MouseFest, I will post for requests. Please feel free to help out MouseFest Goers. Thanks Capes, what a great idea.

I just wanted to add that this is a great thing- I have some black ears coming to me, dh, and kids from one of dh's vmk friends who is going to wdw this week.

What a great thing you all are doing- I know the ears are probably the biggest request from most in the parks...

Also- on the guide here- it says something about choosing the mickey face tshirt- which is the "free shirt" you get if you buy something at a certain store at WDW- so that way you can get the free shirt "for free" lol not sure exactly which one it is but that was one thing I passed on to dh's friend about creating new characters for us... of course she is doing things a bit more confusingly and is actually making us characters not just getting us the ears...

I should have new born in Disney Mule by the end of the week :D

I love this idea- and should I venture there- will certainly do the same thing- hmm I wonder if I could justify the trip because I have to get ears to help other people- hmmm- I will actually be in Orlando next week and can't get to Disney- :( because of meeting schedules and flights...

You guys are so nice! :) I already have both ears, and continue to share them with my girls! lol

Thanks for the reminder about the camera shirts and lanyard shirts. I think all of our new characters will choose one or other ;) LOL CapeGirl doesn't even have a camera or lanyard shirt! :earboy2:

Are there any other items that are new-character-only availability?

TinkGirl: Your girls don't have their own ears? We can certainly make sure that they get their own black ears :earsgirl: :earsgirl: Everyone needs black Mouse ears of their own. :teeth:

And so far this list isn't too long. I'm hoping we can "bring back" enough black ears for everyone :)

ohh i want some ears. Besides trading for them. is that the only way to get them is by making an account at one of the parks? ohh i miss living in florida..lol
tinkandhook
tinkandhook on vmk

I would LOVE to have ears! I have been a member from day 1 but I have dial up and I have not been able to get in a play as much as I would like. So, I still feel new!! I don't even understand how to trade, yet!! :rotfl: I have a few items...but I don't understand if one item is more "valuable" than another! :confused3 Ignorance is bliss, I guess....!!

My player name is Suzee!

Could I please be added to your list?? I am unable to get to Disney for at least another year, so if you could add me to your list I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mark
VMK - UDFlyer

SeaSpray said:
Are there any other items that are new-character-only availability?

There are also VMK logo shirts for ladies (aka "girl parts") only available when
creating new characters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter