Gondolas, can a family have their "own" ride?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
With the new gondolas being built for transport, I have read that they might hold around 10-12 people?
But what if a family of four or five wanted to ride in their own "bucket" by themselves? Would that be possible? What if a couple wanted to ride by themselves, could they just let anyone else in line know that they were wanting that option?

I doubt it..unless Disney was charging for this transportation, which I don't see happening. This isn't a private service, it's the same thing as the boats, monorails and buses. Can you ask for your own bus? Your own boat? Your own monorail? No. You may get lucky, but the system is in place to move people from point A to point B. Go at a slow time of day and possibly it might work out.

With the new gondolas being built for transport, I have read that they might hold around 10-12 people?
But what if a family of four or five wanted to ride in their own "bucket" by themselves? Would that be possible? What if a couple wanted to ride by themselves, could they just let anyone else in line know that they were wanting that option?
not know for sure but I would not expect that to happen. so each family wants their own bucket how long is the line going to be? my guess is it will not be happening that way

My DW and I get a Disney bus alone a lot of times.:joker::joker:
Now maybe Disney can make some MONEY by letting people reserve the gondolas.

My DW and I get a Disney bus alone a lot of times.:joker::joker:
Now maybe Disney can make some MONEY by letting people reserve the gondolas.
Right -- might be part of a Fairytale Wedding package, for example. Or maybe a dining tour, like they're doing with monorail resorts, hitting on Epcot WS, Riviera, and DHS.

Not only will it be hard to get your own gondola, but I expect there will be instances where groups will be split up if ages allow

I bet there will eventually be an up-sale for a gondala package where you get to eat at all the places serviced by the gondala and get to get on the gondala with only people that are part of the package. Only $199.99. [/sarcasm]

I bet there will eventually be an up-sale for a gondala package where you get to eat at all the places serviced by the gondala and get to get on the gondala with only people that are part of the package. Only $199.99. [/sarcasm]
Nope. That's about 25% higher than Highway in the Sky, for dining at Value and Moderate resorts. Plus, at this point - although I can see it changing with the CBR completion - there are no private or separate dining spaces.

Nope. That's about 25% higher than Highway in the Sky, for dining at Value and Moderate resorts. Plus, at this point - although I can see it changing with the CBR completion - there are no private or separate dining spaces.

But you don't understand. Disney will just add the words Frozen or Star Wars to the experience and they will be able to charge at least the extra 25 percent. Easy to rope off an area or rooms for a private experience at any resort. It will be the Star Wars/Frozen Skyliner Experience.

But you don't understand. Disney will just add the words Frozen or Star Wars to the experience and they will be able to charge at least the extra 25 percent. Easy to rope off an area or rooms for a private experience at any resort. It will be the Star Wars/Frozen Skyliner Experience.
I wouldn't be surprised to see everything at WDW and DLR have a 25% surcharge by the time SWL opens.

In all my years going to WDW, I've had monorail, boats and busses all to myself. I was even in the HOP theater by myself once. Anything is possible!

In all my years going to WDW, I've had monorail, boats and busses all to myself. I was even in the HOP theater by myself once. Anything is possible!

Of course it can happen by circumstance but that isn't what the OP is talking about. You didn't get a bus or monorail to yourself because you wanted it that way.

I strongly hope not, I hope that it is used as a real transportation service, and people are boarded in a way that makes them as efficient as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter