Gondolas, can a family have their "own" ride?

This leads me to a few questions...

1) Is there a weight capacity? People, kids, strollers, scooters...they are all different sizes and weights. I would think that you wouldn't want to "overstuff" a gondola car.

2) Even though you may not get your "own" car, would it be safe to assume that you will be able to board with your party, as long as you aren't a group of >12? For example, if we are a party of 8, would we be forced to split into groups of 4 or would we simply be able to wait for the next empty one and board that?

Sorry, my knowledge of the gondolas extends as far as the Skyway ride in the MK...and that scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.

Even if your party has to split up, you'll only be one car apart so little, if any, waiting for the rest of your group to arrive.

This leads me to a few questions...

1) Is there a weight capacity? People, kids, strollers, scooters...they are all different sizes and weights. I would think that you wouldn't want to "overstuff" a gondola car.

2) Even though you may not get your "own" car, would it be safe to assume that you will be able to board with your party, as long as you aren't a group of >12? For example, if we are a party of 8, would we be forced to split into groups of 4 or would we simply be able to wait for the next empty one and board that?

Sorry, my knowledge of the gondolas extends as far as the Skyway ride in the MK...and that scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid.
You're asking questions that don't have answers -- yet! Remember, this system is just in the very early stages of construction. When Disney opens it in one or 2 years, we'll all find out.

But what if a family of four or five wanted to ride in their own "bucket" by themselves? Would that be possible?

1) Would that not be greedy and rude to make other people wait for the next "car"?
2) You don't get your own monorail or ferry, so why your own gondola?
3) Why would a small family or couple need or want their own vehicle?

This question must have cropped up before, like a few decades ago?

"Tower of Terror, can a family have their 'own' ride?"

Disney has got the loading procedures down pat, having corrals, or having spots painted on the floor, so just the right number of guests can quickly board each ride vehicle. If time permits, single riders or couples, etc. could fill all available seats.

The gondolas aren't a theme park attraction, they are simply a mode of transportation. I would highly doubt waiting for your own one would be allowed. As for whether they will split up your party, my guess is yes so that they can move the maximum number of people through the gondola as possible. That said, I bet you'd be allowed to let others go ahead of you so that your party can be in one together, just as you can opt to wait for the next bus or boat together.

Of course it can happen by circumstance but that isn't what the OP is talking about. You didn't get a bus or monorail to yourself because you wanted it that way.

Correct. Completely by lucky timing. I go with no expectation, just intention...to have a fabulous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!