GLOW II: The Bounceback... Multiple Meets!!!.. First 1/2 of Sept 2008

Diva K, I hope you get the perfect snow storm for the holidays. You know, the kind that sparkles as it spreads over the landscape, making everything look bright and clean AND then melts before it has to be shoveled. :angel:

Some of my sisters and myself are talking about getting together for Thanksgiving this year. I hope it works out. Everyone has problems of some sort so it is difficult. I have told them that they can all come here but we are eating out!:laughing:

SG

Diva K, I hope you get the perfect snow storm for the holidays. You know, the kind that sparkles as it spreads over the landscape, making everything look bright and clean AND then melts before it has to be shoveled. :angel:
On Christmas Eve...:cloud9:
Some of my sisters and myself are talking about getting together for Thanksgiving this year. I hope it works out. Everyone has problems of some sort so it is difficult. I have told them that they can all come here but we are eating out!:laughing:
SG
Thanksgiving is tough for us because it doesn't make sense for us to go to PA or my parents to come to TX when we are going to see each other in a matter of weeks @Christmas...but we are lucky to have found wonderful friends here that we spend the holiday with :grouphug: (everyone usually ends up at our house...apparently I know how to cook or we have the most room :confused3 )

Diva K, I am quite sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you are funny and interesting. Yeah, right!:lmao:

BTW, you do ask for EVERYTHING (Christmas Eve) do you not? :dance3: Hope you get it though. :cheer2:

SG

Diva K, please tell your husband that I said it is far less stressful on him, if since he realizes that YOU always win, to just give in immediately. It is the arguing and fussing beforehand that ages people.:lmao:

SG

Diva K, please tell your husband that I said it is far less stressful on him, if since he realizes that YOU always win, to just give in immediately. It is the arguing and fussing beforehand that ages people.:lmao:
SG
DH always says, The first answer is always No...the second answer is always, How much? The third answer is always, Yes dear...:lovestruc

My husband only has one question, it is "Will it require me to do any work?" If the answer is "no" he is good to go.

He has never asked how much something costs. That is my job to worry about such.

Sounds as if you have a smart husband but I have a feeling that you never ask for anything that is not reasonable either. :angel:

SG

Tula's mother just said,
The man might be the head of the household but the woman are the neck and they can turn the head whatever way they want!
::yes::

Kristin, my children are grown, some of my grands also. I have freedom now. Since I do all of the work I decided that I could choose what to keep and what to toss to make my job easier. I heard a whole lot of screaming at first. Luckily I do not hear well and besides I am too tired to care, much. Luckily for my hubby I am basically a nice person so I have not done anything too bad. ;) Does that make me the boss round there parts?

One time I heard my dh explain to someone that I was the boss of the house. He told them that he had seen what the job entailed and did not want it either. :eek:

SG

My husband only has one question, it is "Will it require me to do any work?" If the answer is "no" he is good to go.
He has never asked how much something costs. That is my job to worry about such.
Sounds as if you have a smart husband but I have a feeling that you never ask for anything that is not reasonable either. :angel:
SG

One time I heard my dh explain to someone that I was the boss of the house. He told them that he had seen what the job entailed and did not want it either. :eek:
SG

I sometimes worry about my DH worrying, stressing so much about $$$...even if I took care of the bills, etc he would be checking things online...recently he has started giving me an update on the current financial crisis in the country (as if I hadn't already heard on the tv, radio, newspaper...) Luckily, we don't have any $$ in the stock market (except for his 401K.) I may seem like a Pollyanna but I always think everything will be OK...it may take a couple of years...we're young, we can ride this out...:surfweb:

Diva K, it is good for both partners to know what is going on with the finances even if one takes care of most of it. I tried to clue my husband in but he told me what he does about everything ,"That is what I have YOU for".

BTW, you are very right about being young and riding out the storm. As a student of history I can tell you that more wealth was made during the Great Depression than any other time in our history by those who had the money to keep investing and had time on their side. It is the folks who are planning on retiring soon or just did that I worry about. I have a sister in that situation.

SG

Diva K, it is good for both partners to know what is going on with the finances even if one takes care of most of it. I tried to clue my husband in but he told me what he does about everything ,"That is what I have YOU for".
DH tries to tell me stuff but its usually, If something happens to me and I don't want to talk in those terms :sad1:
I got a stomach ache when we went to an attorney to have our wills made out :sick:

BTW, you are very right about being young and riding out the storm. As a student of history I can tell you that more wealth was made during the Great Depression than any other time in our history by those who had the money to keep investing and had time on their side. It is the folks who are planning on retiring soon or just did that I worry about. I have a sister in that situation.
SG
You and DH would get along well...he's a smart guy...I told him what you said about the Great Depression and he said he already knew that and is just waiting for the right time to get into the stock market :hourglass

I once read that 99% of the stuff you worry about never happens. Instead of stopping worrying I decided to worry about everything so that 99% of it would never happen. :lmao: I am really only 19 but all this worry makes me look as old as I do. :rotfl:

Just because your husband is so smart is no reason for you not to listen and learn. You are plenty smart too. It is for your child's sake, and yours. If you take care of all these scary details now then you do not have to think about them again. Your husband is showing great love in taking care of these things to protect you both, and himself.

What made me sick to my stomach is when I asked my husband about a will etc. and he told me that if he was dead what did he care what happened to anyone else. :sick:

One of the most romantic things I have heard of is when a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer and he went home and immediately called a home improvement company to come and put in better doors in the house to protect his wife after he was gone. :love: When you get older the definition of love changes.

SG

Just because your husband is so smart is no reason for you not to listen and learn. You are plenty smart too. It is for your child's sake, and yours. If you take care of all these scary details now then you do not have to think about them again. Your husband is showing great love in taking care of these things to protect you both, and himself.
I know and I do...I just don't like to talk about it :chat:
What made me sick to my stomach is when I asked my husband about a will etc. and he told me that if he was dead what did he care what happened to anyone else.
I tease DH by saying if anything happens to him the other Divas and I are going to have a good time! party:
One of the most romantic things I have heard of is when a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer and he went home and immediately called a home improvement company to come and put in better doors in the house to protect his wife after he was gone. :love: When you get older the definition of love changes.
SG
I think thats very sweet...my DM once got glass block windows for her birthday! :thumbsup2

I would dearly love a walk in shower with glass blocks instead of a shower door/curtain. It would make hosing down my hubby, when he gets to that stage, so much easier and I could enjoy it in the meantime. :rotfl:

If you take care of wills and all those nasty details you will not need to talk about it anymore. ;)

I used to try to get my hubby to quit smoking by telling him what all the 'new man' and I would do with all his wealth after he croaked from smoking. Did not work as he had no wealth, then. :)

Marriage is like Disney, if it were not dealing with the other people involved it would be so much easier but probably not as much fun. :rotfl:

SG

I do not know about everyone else but I am hiding out for fear you will talk to me to death.:lmao: :rotfl: :laughing:

Did you ever get your beautiful little girl to swim with the fish?

Hint, the next time you are sitting on my right side remember I can hear out of that ear and am willing to listen. :hug:

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter