Getting Married at Disney....eeek

bee86

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

So....this big old bunch of crazy is looking like it might be an option for me! :love::cloud9:

It sounds so amazing until you actually call Disney and then its like :sad2:

Im just wondering has any one else from the UK or Ireland had a Disney wedding? If so did you just feel like another number as I did on that call? What was your experience like planning from so far away with a time difference?

I was hoping to do an escape wedding but have a planning meeting with the coordinator whilst visiting at Christmas and the guy on the other end of the phone was almost laughing at me...."your package wouldn't cover that"......I said nothing but inside I was screaming!!!

Then I asked if the could even pencil in a date for me for the wedding next year as we are international and as we clearly have a limited time frame....computer says no, they can only book it 10 months from the event, but the guy did mention something about 11months out but I was so annoyed and disgruntled I totally missed what he said! I totally understand that they cant book the date in advance until the 10 month mark but I have read that other people have "penciled in their date" at 11 months out?

We are paying 7000 euro (before flights) to stay at SSR for two weeks next June on top of the cost to stay at christmas in pop century plus the cost of the wedding which alone is looking at about 10000 dollars not even mentioning our family paying for rooms/tickets etc........and they cant allow me have a meeting with a wedding coordinator to taste some cake and look at some flowers:guilty::guilty::guilty::headache::headache::headache:

Anyway, very sorry for the rant, but im rather fed up:scared: when it should be the happiest time of my life!

Any experiences would be so so super helpful!!

Eva pixiedust:

i know there are UK disboarders who've married at disney..
i hope they're still on the boards and respond.
if you search this board, you may come up with a report or two..

Hello Eva DH and I have an escape package booked for December 27th this for for our vow renewal.

I first rang the DFTW people last July to discuss options on VERY general level. I spoke to an amazing lady who explained everything to me and discussed which package would suit us. There will be 18 of us so we're going to have the escape ceremony and then a Disney catered event all in The Attic at The Boardwalk hotel. I gave the wedding consultant a list of my preferred dates and she diarised them as she couldn't confirm them until 8 months out. We were lucky as we got our first choice date :)

In between our initial call and her being able to confirm our date there has been a fair number of emails back and forth and a couple of phone calls. Even though we actually stayed at The Boardwalk last August DFTW were unable to organise any type of "viewing" for me but I spoke to the event staff at The Boardwalk and they very kindly showed me The Attic, which is actually closed to the general public and only used for private events" so at least I know i'm happy with the venue.

We're going to have a private catered buffet lunch directly after the ceremony which we've yet to organise but we've been sent the menus to make our choices from.

Once the date has been set you're sent a contract to sign and you need to send them a deposit. Once that is done you will be sent a list of officiants and a link to make all your ceremony choices i.e flowers, music, cake etc etc.

I'm really sorry you've had a bad experience to date. I don't know if it's the "right" thing to do but I'm happy to give you the contact details of the senior wedding consultant we've been dealing with as she was absolutely fabulous.

If I can answer any more questions just let me know I'm more than happy to pass on my as yet limited knowledge

OMG Isabel........

You dont know how much this helps!!!!! Because really and truly knowing that there is some good consultants/planners out there is massive. It helps to hear that my story so far is not the norm if you get me?
your day sounds amazing :worship::love::love: Good to know you can add in the buffet brunch!! Something I was unable to get an answer on today.
Ill be in the world at the same time so if I see you all ill say hi/congratulations!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

Maybe I just got on the phone with someone who was a little less than magical? They have suggested that I wait until July first to get escape dates for June 2018 which I am more than happy to do but its so nerve wrecking considering the money involved.

I'm guessing that I wasn't actually speaking with a consultant today as he wasn't very informative at all regarding additional enhancements etc. He advised me to make a list of questions I had and they would put them to the consultant that I will be assigned to make sure it was very "Stream lined". I do love a bit of planning and organisation heck im a disboarder BUT it felt very very mechanical today! I've had more magical phonecalls while booking ADR's:tongue:

I cannot wait to hear about your big day! Im so excited for you, and at Christmas how amazing:love::love:

Again thanks so much for sharing your plans/ replying it helps a whole bunch.

Hi, I had an Escape Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion. It was 7 years ago mind!

We had an initial call and entered our preferred date and time about 12 months out, at this point we dealt with a consultant got it confirmed at 10 months, when we got assigned a planner. All our planning was done over the phone and our day was perfect! There are numerous weddings per day - the wedding pavilion has about 4 or 5 a day so I think there's every chance you'd get what you wanted.

We had ceremony at Wedding Pavillion, cake & champagne with Mickey and Minnie at the GF, dinner and bar at the Boardwalk in a private room, ending with a dessert party at Epcot UK Lochside. We even added minibus transportation for our guests.

It couldn't have been easier and worked out amazingly, I want to do it again, even now!

If you want to private message me you can see our pics on Facebook to give you an idea.

I follow plenty of people in Instagram who got married at WDW.

It does sound like if you are in the UK it can be stressful with timezone differences etc

It does look like you're treated like a number, and to a point behind the scenes you are, but as long as the people you deal with on the day make it special, thats all that counts right?!

Jon84
bee86 seems to be in Ireland as she is stating money in € Euros ( U.K. is £ Sterling )

Can't hep but wanted to say congratulations to you both, Eva and Isabel :love: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter