Gemmybear83's Magical Journey Home - Day 4 DL/WDS & California Grill!

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
We got up early again this morning and had breakfast at the Hunters Grill at 7:30am, again there were no queues but it was pretty busy. I had been surprised to see scrambled egg as part of the breakfast buffet for the last couple of days - so I had that with some toast.:)

We then went to the disneyland park for EMH, and went on the rides again. Henry braved space mountain for a second time, and pinocchio was working this morning.

286.jpg

287.jpg

290.jpg

I got a photo of me in front of cinderalla's coach in my Marie ears :rotfl:

291.jpg

We then went and took some photos inside the castle - its so pretty in there

293.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

I loved this Christmas shop in the castle :goodvibes

303.jpg

When the park opened at 10am we went over to adventureland for a ride on pirates and some photos, I do love the theming of adventureland much better than WDW

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

We went on a couple of rides on big thunder mountain in a row, and got to sit at the back - we like it better there as it wilder! I gave the people of the molly brown a wave and they waved back whilst on the rides :goodvibes .

All the special effects were working on this trip so I was really pleased :) .

308.jpg

Then Henry decided he wanted to brave Indiana Jones (this was closed the last time we went). I chickened out as I was scared me head would get hit on the safety bars.

310.jpg

Henry loved it, he said it was short but good fun and said his head survived the ride! However, he slipped on the way out and hurt his foot so we had to go and buy some painkillers as it was painful for him to walk around.

311.jpg

the park looks so pretty and I'm loving your Marie Ears :goodvibes they are cute !!! I bought a fab Minnie hat when we were there and dh said I would never wear it again until today when I took dd sledging, I needed that hat :goodvibes

can't wait to see some more x

We couldnt decide where to go for lunch and and wandered around for a while, and I spotted flik on top of Peter Pan's flight :)

314.jpg

We ended up eating on Main Street and sharing a Croque Monsiour from the Main Street Deli

316.jpg

This was very yummy, and it snowed as ate :goodvibes

I then had a tasty mickey brioche

317.jpg

and Henry had a yummy cookie

318.jpg

After lunch we went off to the studios, we had gotten so excited about the disneyland park we forgot about the other park!:lmao:

319.jpg

Mickey was out in the front wearing a snazzy white outfit and cape

320.jpg

We went into Studio 1 - I do really like it in here, they had some nice xmas decs up too.

321.jpg

325.jpg

324.jpg

I especially liked this one:

327.jpg

Disney Studios was really busy, the queues were much longer than the main park. I had not been to the studios since 2006 when they were constructing Tower of Terror, and the park is now much more attractive and busy! The last time we were there there was only about 15 people in the whole park!

328.jpg

329.jpg

We noticed the queue for Crush's Coaster was only 30 mins so we joined the queue - that ride is wild! It is great fun but goes much faster then I thought it would, I screamed all the way round!

331.jpg

We then went on the tram tour, and had to wait about 20 mins. This has not changed since the park opened and I think it is time some new props, I think its closing for a long rehab after xmas so hopefully it is going to be updated.

We then wandered around the shops for a bit and I noticed there was a cute xmas market on in the studios

332.jpg

We were tired by this point so decided to do a little shopping in the village then go for a rest.

I bought a cute Marie Christmas stocking and pen, Henry got a pirate keyring and I bought the stitch straw poodmadmum was after.

342.jpg

343.jpg

344.jpg

We then went for our 8pm reservation at the California Grill. On our way we had to pass the security checkpoint, and the man on security was not going to let us through! Fortunetly his collegue turned upa nd told the man off and said sorry and let us through! (This was the only non disney staff behaviour we had the entire trip). We got there for 7:45 and were taken straight to a table and our coats put in the closet.

Again we were very lucky and given a castle view seat

346.jpg

We ate off the fixed price menus with off premium vouchers. Henry ate off the tinkerbell menu and I ate off the vegetarian menu.

Henry had the terrine of foie gras with gingerbread which was very tasty and very creamy

347.jpg

I had the cream of green lentils, with crisopy cup mushroom ravoli. This was best thing I eat the whole the whole holiday the ravoli was amazing and so was the creamy sauce.

348.jpg

Henry then had the farmhouse chicken breast with the curry spices, a skewer of prawns, rice and vegetables. He said this was lovely.

349.jpg

I had the indian paneer curry with poppadoms and pilao rice. The poppadoms and dip was on another plate.

350.jpg

For dessert we both had the chocolate fondant cake which was lovely and came with my favourite pear sorbet!

351.jpg

We had anothe couple of drinks with the meal and paid the difference on top of our premium vouchers. The service at the California Grill was brilliant, the restuarant was very nice but I didnt like the theming as much as Walts. We had a really annoying english family next to us who I chose to ignore.

At end of the meal a very nice lady asked us to fill in a questionnaire which we did too.

After the meal we went to the redwood bar at the hotel for a drink. I glowtini cocktail which lit up (I found this very exciting!). We were given some complimentary bar snacks and had waiter service which was nice.

352.jpg

then we went to bed, passing pluto who was also on his way to bed and being chased by a load of kids :laughing: .

looks like you had lots of fun, ery jealous. We'll have to go next xmas i think! :santa:

Good TR

We then went for our 8pm reservation at the California Grill. On our way we had to pass the security checkpoint, and the man on security was not going to let us through! Fortunetly his collegue turned upa nd told the man off and said sorry and let us through! (This was the only non disney staff behaviour we had the entire trip). We got there for 7:45 and were taken straight to a table and our coats put in the closet.

We had the same problem! Luckily I showed our reservation slip and we got let through.... The staff wouldn't stop apologising.... I heard the guy who wasn't going to let us through get a stern telling off once we'd got past!

Bob xoxoxox

Looks like a great day!

When we were at WDW I really wanted a glotini but never managed to get one! Its great I can get one out in DLRP!

The food looks amazing

Another fabulous day, what a great trip report! The food looks absolutely gorgeous!

I'm loving your added photos and the food looks gorgeous, I can't wait til dd is a bit older so we can enjoy a bit of fine dining :goodvibes As for your cocktail it looks fantastic, I hope it tasted as good as it looked :)

yummy i just want one of those glowtinis now :P are these just in the bar you went too great trip report by the way x x

yummy i just want one of those glowtinis now :P are these just in the bar you went too great trip report by the way x x

I'm not sure, I did notice it was a lot cheaper to order cocktails with you meal than to have cocktails at one of the bars though.:)

I just love your TR! I cannot wait to go, and you're making me impatient! I love your little Marie ears and stockings.... I wish I could buy some but my huskies would eat them....

I just love your TR! I cannot wait to go, and you're making me impatient! I love your little Marie ears and stockings.... I wish I could buy some but my huskies would eat them....

Haha! They had mickey ears for dogss too - you could get them so them to keep them happy!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter