Gay/lesbian proposals?

I did this with my partner and the cast members were great, no problems whatsoever.

What I did was book a meal at the Cali Grill during wishes. So we ate the main meal, went out and watched wishes and when we went back in for desert they brought over a covered plate (covered with one of those big metal domes thingies that's name escapes me right now).

The lifted it off and underneath was the ring and written on the plate in chocolate icing was 'Will You Marry Me?'

They played it perfectly and until the reveal they just made it sound like the normal thing that's done for desert at the Cali Grill. It was amazing and I couldn't have pulled it off without the help of the cast members. :)

Hope that was helpful, but to be quite honest I'll take any excuse to tell that story. :)

They really are wonderful there. My DH did the same thing for our 10th anniversary. He gave me a diamond wrap. They did the same thing with the dessert plate but wrote Happy Anniversary. It was so surprising as he is not the romantic type. He believes why give flowers...they just die. So this was a wonderful moment.

Hi there,

I'm Hayley, and having been directed to this thread by the lovely Dee, I think I'd better let you all know that... I SAID YES!!! :lovestruc

The proposal was as perect as she described it above, from the poetry and wishes on the beach to the petal strewn hotel room, it was perfect and beautiful, just like my fiancee :love:

Thank you all for supporting her through preparing for last night :-) I'm off to go and be deliriously happy with my girl :cloud9:

So very sweet. I wish a lifetime of happiness.

Hi there,

I'm Hayley, and having been directed to this thread by the lovely Dee, I think I'd better let you all know that... I SAID YES!!! :lovestruc

The proposal was as perect as she described it above, from the poetry and wishes on the beach to the petal strewn hotel room, it was perfect and beautiful, just like my fiancee :love:

Thank you all for supporting her through preparing for last night :-) I'm off to go and be deliriously happy with my girl :cloud9:

Congratulations!!!

Very few people I can talk to about this because many don't understand my changing teams (suddenly the world fitted better when I realised I'm gay, kwim?)

I love this quote, mind if i borrow it?

Amazing how the world seemed so much clearer when i accepted it too.

Congrats Haley and Dee!!!!

Hi there,

I'm considering proposing to my DGF whilst in Orlando in November. I've got a few different ideas, ranging from a quiet beach/fireworks moment, a carriage ride, to a meal with slipper etc....

Does anyone have any experience of same sex proposals in the World? I know heterosexual ones are celebrated and that Disney offer a lot of help with planning, but what about us?

She's not the "millions watching on Main Street" type, but if I'm going to do it at Disney I really want to blow her away.

I'm still in a dilemma about whether it's the right timing or not ( not about whether she's right, that bit I know for sure) because we've only been together 2 years and I was in a straight marriage before which ended messily. I have fear - what if history repeats and my feelings change in the future??

I know that's a stupid reason to delay. But it's only 2.5 years since my marriage collapsed, and part of me feels what's the rush?? But another part feels why wait??

Aagghh anyway sorry to go on for ages! Very few people I can talk to about this because many don't understand my changing teams (suddenly the world fitted better when I realised I'm gay, kwim?) and certainly don't get the need for marriage/civil partnership. So I'm limited for open minded, frank discussion!!

Love D xx

It is not a matter of switching teams. All you switched is partners, although that in no way lessened the pain of your divorce. While one person wants for you to leave someone else to be with him or her while another wants for you to stay with him or her, no matter what you do someone is going to hurt. At least that is in the past for all of you now. I am glad that you are happy now and hope that your former husband is with someone wonderful as well.

Congratulations :)

i had tears in my eyes reading through, i hope you have a magical life together x

I know I'm chiming in a little late on this, but congratulations!!!!

I know what it's like trying to come up with the perfect plan...I had planned on proposing to my then g/f, when we went on our trip this past May...had dinner reservations all ready, had asked for help from my Mom (to keep the ring hidden), and was about to get some flowers arranged but a little voice (along with some coaxing from some of my friends) told me to pop the question sooner...we'll have been engaged for a year on Christmas day. :goodvibes We're now in the process of planning our Disneymoon :thumbsup2

I hope you continue to find happiness in one another for many years to come :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter