Gas just hit 4.00 a gallon in Orlando..

Police in the US and Canada are warning consumers about gas theft as a result of soaring gas costs. 😬

https://nbcmontana.com/news/local/police-warn-thieves-might-be-motivated-to-steal-gas-as-prices-rise

Police ask the public to lock up valuables, homes and vehicles. They also suggest buying and installing locking gas caps.”

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/gas-tanks-dri...ultiple-pickup-trucks-kamloops-rcmp-1.5814027

”Parking in a secured, well-lit area, such as a garage or fenced enclosure can also be helpful for theft prevention," Cpl. Dana Napier said in the news release. "If you must park on the street, avoid dark and isolated areas. The more visible your vehicle, the better."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/11/us/us-canada-gas-price-rise-fuel-thefts/index.html

”The Atlanta Police Department said they arrested a man earlier this month who was "puncturing gas tanks and stealing gasoline.

And in Michigan, one business said they are now requiring drivers to pre-pay for gasoline or pay with a credit card at the pump. "The increasing costs of fuel has dramatically increased the number of drive-offs we are experiencing," Britton Gas and Grocery said. "We have tried to avoid this for many years but can't cover the costs of gas theft any longer."

In Canada's British Columbia, authorities have received complaints about pickup trucks that had their gas tanks drilled and fuel stolen over the last two weeks.

"Thieves are not just siphoning gas out of the tank, they are drilling a hole in the tank leading to an expensive repair," Elk Valley Royal Canadian Mounted Police Constable Debra A. Katerenchuk said. "The surging gas prices is one thing, but the cost to replace the gas tank is a lot more."

Last edited:
Yes, I started a thread about places I want to go and now price jumps plus changes in rules mean we will probably stay local. Too much uncertainty to warrant a giant investment in a vacation.

This is why as soon as I decide I want to go somewhere I buy the tickets. I'm not waiting for prices to double. We know they aren't going down.

I bought my December tickets earlier this week. I figured if they went down I'd get a credit. If the go up, I'm locked in.

We passed a dumpy Shell station somewhere in Broward County, FL, today for $3.99. Cars were lined up out onto the street.

OTOH, Miami Beach prices were $4.99.

DD says gas decreased by 10 cents at the station she frequents. $4.19 to $4.09

Europe has much better public transportation in their cities because they made it a priority. They also have small fuel efficient cars because of high fuel prices.
I know in France they are paying closer to $8 a gallon. We‘re paying over $7 in Canada.

Gas dropped .10 by me today. Weird.

Crude oil cost has dropped 17% due to countries increasing production. You're lucky its quickly dropped, as in the UK its quick to rise but very slow to drop

Our BJ a 7 days ago, $3.90 , today $4.40.

Wish we had filled up both cars a week ago.

Maryland has paused their gas tax for 30 days, so Marylanders may get a temporary price decrease at the pump...

We had to go out this morning and the prices have dropped by 10 cents. I was very surprised and happy to see that although I don't know how long it will last.

Europe has much better public transportation in their cities because they made it a priority. They also have small fuel efficient cars because of high fuel prices.
I know in France they are paying closer to $8 a gallon. We‘re paying over $7 in Canada.

I think they have better public transportation (PT) systems due to the way their cities and towns are set up. Here in the US we are all spread out with many more rural areas that aren't conducive to public transportation. I live in the country, its a bit of a drive to go anywhere and there is no public transportation nor would it make sense to have any. A person would still need to drive their vehicle someplace to a central pickup location so it would defeat the purpose of PT. JMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter