Gameboy: Color Versus Advanced???

plutosmyfav

<font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi
I took the suggestion to buy DD (13) a Gameboy as a special treat for the trip. But I have a question:

What's the difference between Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advanced? I bought Advancec, but I can return it if someone tells me why Color might be better? I was quite the fish out of water shopping in the "gaming" section of Best Buy!!!! I also bought her a Disney Mickey Mouse adventure game. I'm sure she'll think its lame but it was so cute I couldn't resist!!! I'll let her pick another game of her choice before we go.

Almost doing the single digit dance!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I say keep the Game Boy Advance. It's the newer model of the Game Boy. The picture on it is better and it has a bigger screen The regular Game Boy games can be played on the Advanced if there is a game that she likes. I bought that exact game for my daughter for Christmas. It looks like fun.

Gameboy Advance is the latest version of Gameboy - keep it. You may want to get her a light for it though, I don't know how those kids can see without it, the screens are not backlit. There is a great Mickey racing game out for game too :)

Another vote to keep the GameBoy advance. Not only is it the newest, but I think it's easier to play because it fits better in your hands.

The light is the good idea, my son uses his quite often and this way he can play in the car late at night too (we usually drive down).

Have fun!

I put the advanced on layaway for my daughter. I also ordered a gameboy kit from ABCdistributing.com for $19.95. It included the light and power cords for the house or car, and a carry case. You might want to check them out. I have ordered a set, but haven't received it yet. Compared to the price of everything seperately, it seems to be a good value.

Keep the GBA. I vote for adding a light as well as power cord so you're not constantly feeding it batteries. We have cords that work in cig. lighter as well as regular outlets. We also have a rechargeable battery pack.

A good place to find low prices on games is www.half.com.

The big benefit of the Advanced over the color is that the Advance can play games made for both the Advance and the Color Game Boys. The Color can only play games made for it. If you have a choice in the game--same game avail in both formats, go with the Advance because the picture/graphics will be clearer. But it's nice to have the option because most stores will have different games in each format.

If you have a Zany Brainy near you, they have several Game Boy games on clearance right now. Ours has a really cute Chip anbd Dale Magic Kingdom one right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter