GAME: The Great ANZAC Pretend Planning on Paper PTR - Out and In for ADRs (05/04)

Which Option do you prefer?

• 3 castles: MLB or SYD > Paris/DLP > Barcelona > Florida/WDW > LAX/DLR > HNL > Home

• 4 castles: MLB or SYD > HK/HKD > Paris/DLP > Barcelona > Florida/WDW > LAX/DLR > HNL > Home

• 3 castles: MLB or SYD > LAX/DLR > Florida/WDW > Barcelona > Paris/DLP > Home

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
May I please join too? Think I like the planning even more than the trips. I will keep this thread secret from my husband though as I will never live down spending time to plan an imaginary trip. can we buy really lovely matching luggage to take with us?

Thanks for joining everyone. :thumbsup2

And anyone else who feels like playing....jus' come on down!

Right. Where to start?

Budget??
If we're gonna have a good game, we should all have a budget to play with....and a savings plan. No point having unlimited funds and going first class all the way. Where would the fun be in that?

So, I was thinking that we could each start with...say...$3K in the kitty for each person (or a bit more). Let's call it courtesy of the ATO.

We could think about how much we think we can save per week/month until our holiday. As an added twist, we could see if we could actually save some money for real....that way, it adds a bit of realism and at the end, we'll all have a bit of extra spending money to put towards a holiday in the future. :banana:

Or do we want to start with $X in the kitty, no need to save?

Well I think first we need to have some afternoon tea to give us the energy to plan this fictional holiday. This is what I made for the kids for afternoon tea today (instead of working, this is becoming a recurring problem :lmao:)

IMG_1053.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1056.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh my!....oh my...oh my....oh my.....As some of my Old Fogie friends are fond of saying.....make sure you don't get an 'lectric shock when you lick the screen. :rotfl:

sorry for getting ahead of myself :rolleyes:

I hear green is in:thumbsup2

Lime Green it is!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

I think our biggest problem was when discussing outside Disney...
Anyway...I'll be good...mostly...I'm a Sydneysider...you can trust me :littleangel:

And I'll have my description in BLUE
Can't WAIT to see your description of me :rotfl:

I'll take this as a YES I'm playing! :rolleyes:

Me me me!!! I want to come too! I already have grand visions of a round the world Disney trip complete with Adventures By Disney land tours and Disney cruises...

I don't care what colour I get allocated!

Ms SHuttergirl, now you're giving me a complex about my name. I feel so plain...

No one is plain on the Dis....:hug:

Shushh, did you get the comment I left on your blog? I have spent the better part of 3 days (hence why I'm so behind on work) reading your amazing blog adventure from your last trip. I felt like I was there with you and your family. Love love loved it.

Speaking of Shushh's blog...I read to the end and was really cross that the mods moved it to COMPLETED and locked it! Couldn't comment how much I enjoyed reading it and lovin' it (like Shuttergirl did). Thanks for sharing.

Can I play too? (I've always hated having to ask to join, but I'm a big girl now).

Let me think about this for a moment......

YES!!! YES!! YES! The more the merrier....and it's still an open invitation.

I just read your comment. Thank you for taking the time to read it and for your gracious compliments! It was a lot harder than I expected having to blog a 6 week holiday expecially having to do most of it AFTER the trip. But now I am so glad that I finished it. The children love going through it and looking at the photos.

Its great to see you back on the boards! We've missed both you and Queenie. Your lively exchanges were part of my daily amusement...

And I hope that the lively exchanges will continue to be a source of our daily amusement....;)

Don't worry Ms Shuttergirl and Queenie, I'm sure when we actually START the planning. It will start naturally....:rotfl:

So hint hint to the PTR and TR extraordinaire, can we start already!?!?!?!?

Don't wait for me....just go ahead! (But see the suggested post that we start with budget).

May I please join too? Think I like the planning even more than the trips. I will keep this thread secret from my husband though as I will never live down spending time to plan an imaginary trip. can we buy really lovely matching luggage to take with us?

What a great idea! We have to build it into the budget!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

I think our biggest problem was when discussing outside Disney...
Anyway...I'll be good...mostly...I'm a Sydneysider...you can trust me :littleangel:

And I'll have my description in BLUE
Can't WAIT to see your description of me :rotfl:

I'll take this as a YES I'm playing! :rolleyes:
Yep...me playing...so long as you are nice to me :flower3:

Also so long as you aren't too tight on the purse strings :snooty:

Now...where's my description!
popcorn::

Edit - description spotted.
How do I not get bored? It's called having a BF with the biggest collection of Soundtracks and Disney music I know....which are now mine ;)
There's nothing like flying with EPCOT loops and ride tracks. Plus...additional music by composers for components of EPCOT music.

Yep...me playing...so long as you are nice to me :flower3:

Also so long as you aren't too tight on the purse strings :snooty:

Now...where's my description!
popcorn::

Drafty...Still have Heidispidi and Austraveler to add.

EDIT: You happy? I can change anything! :teeth:

Drafty...Still have Heidispidi and Austraveler to add.

EDIT: You happy? I can change anything! :teeth:

The only thing I ask is to get rid of the dancing Irish man and the Irish Mickey.
St Patrick's Day is WELLLLL over...
Although the Irish might still be picking themselves up off the floor, the day is gone :rolleyes1

The only thing I ask is to get rid of the dancing Irish man and the Irish Mickey.
St Patrick's Day is WELLLLL over...
Although the Irish might still be picking themselves up off the floor, the day is gone :rolleyes1

But what about the BUDGET???!! :lmao:

Can I come too... I feel a little selfish, but planning a trip just for me and the girls sounds like fun,

I am so envious on the US boards when they have a quick girls weekend away,

Love the idea of matching luggage.

I think the $3K each into the kitty and we all add an amount a month sounds like fun, that at least gets everyone an airfare - Premium Economy with V Australia at the moment with some change.

A guess a departure date would need to be set to see how much we would all be adding, unless someone wants to donate their Powerball winnings to the kitty.

Can I vote we go at Christmas time. Always wanted to see the Disney parks at Christmas.

And which park are we going to - WDW or DL????

I vote WDW.

I haven't done any prior research on WDW, only DL for my Jan trip. Can I suggest a 2 night stopover in LA then, to get over the jet lag, that way I can use my knowledge of DL/DCA for a 2 - 3 day blitz, before boarding a flight to WDW?

Christmas sounds good to me. Maybe include New Years too?

This is why there is only one planner in each of our families!

As much as I would love to see the christmas decorations, I cant do cold or insane crowds, I would never plan a "real" trip at Christmas time.:eek:

But if it is going to be an unusually balmy Aussie like christmas, then I will come along.:wizard:

Ladies, shall we think big?

How about a budget of about say $10,000. I then propose we try to organise a Disney World Tour. We can then test our budgeting and planning skills. So we can include:
1) HK DL
2) TDR (we'll just pretend that no damange was done and that there are no potential radiation risks...)
3) DLP
4) Its a short hop to Barcelona where we can get a DCL transatlantic cruise to Port Canaveral
5) WDW
6) DLR
6) A short break at Disney's new DVC property in Hawaii

then home!

Somewhere in there, we can squeeze in:
1) a Adventures By Disney tour, choices are a plenty. Maybe China, Italy?
2) a few more cruises...perhaps on one of the new ships? or even an Eastern Mediterranean cruise? The itineraries for the Magic for the rest of 2012 will be released soon. (Yes I know I am tragic cruise junkie...)

I am all for being at a park during Christmas. The atmosphere was absolutely magical!

Oh, and I will post a photo of my Disney luggage that I bought whilst I was at WDW....

This is why there is only one planner in each of our families!

As much as I would love to see the christmas decorations, I cant do cold or insane crowds, I would never plan a "real" trip at Christmas time.:eek:

But if it is going to be an unusually balmy Aussie like christmas, then I will come along.:wizard:

The crowds during December are actually very low....until you hit the week before Christmas!!! When it does become insane. At WDW anyway, the usual highs in December are in the low 20s. Unfortunately, over the past 2 years they have had an unusually cold winter! I don't think I'm doing a good job of selling Christmas to you...

Oh please count me in as well.....I would love to travel with you guys. Even if its not real!

Definately bunk together. Much cheaper and it provides the opportunity for some girly giggles about the events of the day. I thnk shushh's trip is a little ambitious for a $10k budget. Can we do something similar but with a few less stops? What about

1) DLP
4) Its a short hop to Barcelona where we can get a DCL transatlantic cruise to Port Canaveral
5) WDW
6) DLR

then home!

I can help with pricing for that one. It will be about 2k per person. That is the price we paid for Sydney/Barcelona/Orlando/SanFrancisco/Syd

Definately bunk together. Much cheaper and it provides the opportunity for some girly giggles about the events of the day. I thnk shushh's trip is a little ambitious for a $10k budget. Can we do something similar but with a few less stops? What about

1) DLP
5) WDW
6) DLR

then home!

I can help with pricing for that one. It will be about 2k per person. That is the price we paid for Sydney/Barcelona/Orlando/SanFrancisco/Syd

I like the sound of this, just the right combo I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter