FW logo-Mickey with a stick?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We just got back from FW and I burst out laughing in the Meadows trading post when I saw the new FW logo. Mickey carrying a stick?! What really makes it funny is that the stick he's carrying isn't even a big, intimidating one. It looked pretty small to me. If he's supposed to be using it as a walking stick, it looks to me like it would break if he puts any weight on it. If he's not going to carry a musket any more, at least a bigger stick. Anyone else think his stick is pretty small?

There was a thread about this a number of months ago. I'm not into violence, but I'm all for celebrating our heritage and not giving into all this PC crud. Let Mickey carry his musket!! Or at least a big stick. ;)

Not looking for arrows here, folks. Just my pride in America coming out!!

:jester: As Buford Pusser would say"Walk softly and carry a Big Stick"AKA the movie Walking Tall

Well, did you take a look at the sign out at the main road coming into FW. No musket, No stick, No MICKEY!!! Now that's really going to far.

Yet they still sell the toy guns in the Trading Post, and the shooting gallery in Frontierland is open.

Rumor had it that Ron Howard backed out of Disney's remake of 'The Alamo' because Disney wanted the defenders to have sticks and no guns !!!!.........(just kidding about the sticks here)

My point is that Disney can and will afford to be Politally Correct, until it affects their bottom line.

You mean this sign?? my guess is they will / are combining Fort Wilderness & the Wilderness Lodge, the signs seem very simular and the new recreation map has both resort amenities listed.

DSC00126.JPG

my guess is they will / are combining Fort Wilderness & the Wilderness Lodge, the signs seem very simular and the new recreation map has both resort amenities listed.

Maybe my dream of a "Main Street Dodge City" linking the two resorts isn't all that far off........

I did notice when I was a the Lodge last month, that the resort map included the amenities at Fort Wilderness. We often bike over to FW, as we are also campers and plan a Oct. camping trip with our travel trailer. I like the logo with the musket better, but think that the colors on the new logo are nicer, a little more updated. I'm glad we took pictures 2 years ago with the old logo though.
On the note that they might be combining the amenities of both resorts...I think they encourage the guests at the lodge to visit the campground...however, they discourage the campground guests from using the facilities at the lodge. They check resort id at the pool when it was crowded to discourage guests from the campground from using the Lodge pool (which is already to small for a resort of it's size). Personally, I feel if they were to put a themed pool in the campground, they wouldn't have to worry about this. While the campground pool is fine, it doesn't compare to those at the other resorts, and with the closing of River Country I can see why campers are taking the stroll over to the Lodge pool. Depending on the time of year, these campsites can go for as much as the All-stars...and the price of the cabins can be upwards of $200.00 ...which I'm sure that they expect a themed pool that compare to the moderates or deluxes.
It just seems to me they shouldn't encourage the merging of the both the Lodge and the campground, unless they make it so that the campground guests also have use of the Lodge pool should they choose.

Does that mean we can use the hot tub at WL??? I don't care about the pool, but I want a hot tub!!! (LOL, just kidding about really using it, but it would be nice!)

Oh yes ,you're right, the hot tub...I'm for that! Forget the slide, a nice soak in the hot tub would do just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter