>> Funniest Overheard Comments Part II <<

We just got back from a long weekend with The Mouse, and I am happy to say that I now have two things to post on this thread!

1) Overheard in Ladies Room at DHS:
Mom to Daughter - No honey, it's not magic, it's an automatic flushing toilet.

2) Overheard in Ladies Room at CR:
Daughter to Mom - Hey! You're the same height as me when you go to the bathroom!

This was from our April trip (week of Easter). We were at Hollywood Studios and right at opening, as we were heading into the park, there was a mother trying to get her son to go on Tower of Terror. She asked him, "Do you want to go on the Tower of Fun?" :thumbsup2:rotfl:

We just got home from DL tonight. A couple of nights ago, while waiting to board our doom buggies on HM, when the ghost says, "We have 999 happy haunts, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?" the teen boy behind us yelled, "I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" Then, in the graveyard scene, when the ghosts are streaming out of the graveyard, he said, "Oh, man, and it took me forever to catch all of those!" He was a little bit obnoxious, but he did make me laugh.

I was walking outside through Future World right past one of the the misting stations (which wasn't on) where there is a car parked that looks a bit like this:

This a close-up of a similar vehicle but you get the idea:
IMG8212final-M.jpg

Three people were standing around looking at this car and talking.
One guy says "I really want to get my picture taken under this car but I'm afraid it will start moving and roll over and crush me!"

They were serious!
His friends agreed and stand there looking at the car with him debating if it would move or not!

I walked over and said that this wasn't a stunt or gimmick and the car would NOT move. Finally he got down under the hood of the car on the cement and stayed there long enough that his friends could take his picture.

When he got up he thanked me for telling him the truth about the car.

DUH!

Said by my roommate as we're on the Great Movie Ride: "Is this the one where they drop you? Are they about to drop us?"

What I said: "No."

What I wanted to say: "Yes, sweetie. They're about the drop us and we're all going to bash our brains against each other because we have no seatbelts."

I love her dearly, but she's not the brightest bulb sometimes...

Way back in 1983, DH, who then only my boyfriend and I went to WDW. We boarded the jungle cruise and our guide had a very thick accent. English was clearly not his first language. However, he was earnestly committed to reciting the script verbatim. When he said, "We might run into some headhunters. Look, dere dey are!", we had to work hard not to crack up. Twenty nine years later, DH and I still say "Dere dey are!" from time to time.

My other favorite WDW comment comes from my own DS who had just had his picture taken with Minnie. Knowing that I love Minnie, he encouraged me to pose with her, too, soothing me as though I was about to meet royalty or a movie star with , "Mom, Minnie's going to love you!":love:

Another one: at Epcot with my dad.

I asked if we could stop and get an iced tea from the kiosk in China. He says sure.

Lady: That'll be $4.
Dad: Oh, wow. I hope you're okay with this being your souvenier.
Me: Um...sure?

He starts rifling around with his bills, and eventually I notice it's taking him an awful long time, and he's already passed several 5's and at least four 1's, so I ask him what he's doing.

Dad: Trying to find $12.
Me: It's $4.
Dad: Oh...
Me: You thought they were going to charge me $12 for an iced tea?
Dad: Well, I don't know! Maybe it has alcohol in it or something.

Another one: at Epcot with my dad.

I asked if we could stop and get an iced tea from the kiosk in China. He says sure.

Lady: That'll be $4.
Dad: Oh, wow. I hope you're okay with this being your souvenier.
Me: Um...sure?

He starts rifling around with his bills, and eventually I notice it's taking him an awful long time, and he's already passed several 5's and at least four 1's, so I ask him what he's doing.

Dad: Trying to find $12.
Me: It's $4.
Dad: Oh...
Me: You thought they were going to charge me $12 for an iced tea?
Dad: Well, I don't know! Maybe it has alcohol in it or something.

That made me laugh. Thinking of your dad being a good sport, but probably inwardly thinking, "Geez, Louise!" Like Homer Simpson, "$14 for a churro?"

I don't THINK I've shared this, but if so, sorry! :cool1:

This was one of my favorites. My son! :lmao: Back in Dec of 2008 we went on a huge family trip. Me, my husband, our two kids, my mother and her husband and my uncle and his girlfriend. We had just had a great supper at 1900 Park Fare. Everyone was tired and wanted to go back to the hotel. My mother and I wanted to go to the parade at MK. So we split up. Some how they left before us. As we were on the very crowded (and STOPPED) monorail, my mother realized her husband had her key/ticket. So I called my son. Granted it was very hard to hear on the phone, but.....really??

Me: Matt where are you??
Matt: We just got off the monorail, and are heading for the bus.
Me: STOP and wait for us, Grampa has Gramma's key and she needs it to get in to MK.
Matt: (very bewildered like) What???
Me: repeats above with the added "She can't get in without her key Matt!"
Matt: Um, OK Mom.

Mom and I get off the monorail, she goes up to her husband:

"Do you have my key??"
Her husband: "Your KEY?!?!?! Now it makes sense! Matthew said I had your TEETH!! And you needed them to get into the MK!!" :eek: :lmao:

Me: Matt!!! Why on EARTH would Grampa have Gramma's TEETH?? And why would she NEED them to get in to MK???

Matt: I thought that's what you said!! And even though Grampa was grumbling "I don't have her TEETH, why would I have her TEETH, he was still looking though his bag!!" :rolleyes1

We still laugh about it. If my mother can't find something, we'll be like "Maybe Grampa has it, you know, with where ever he put your teeth!" :thumbsup2

This one made me lough out loud.:lmao:I can just see Grandpa looking for Grandma's teeth, all the while muttering "I don't have her teeth". :rotfl2:Penny

This was one of my favorites. My son! :lmao: Back in Dec of 2008 we went on a huge family trip. Me, my husband, our two kids, my mother and her husband and my uncle and his girlfriend. We had just had a great supper at 1900 Park Fare. Everyone was tired and wanted to go back to the hotel. My mother and I wanted to go to the parade at MK. So we split up. Some how they left before us. As we were on the very crowded (and STOPPED) monorail, my mother realized her husband had her key/ticket. So I called my son. Granted it was very hard to hear on the phone, but.....really??

Me: STOP and wait for us, Grampa has Gramma's key and she needs it to get in to MK.

"Do you have my key??"
Her husband: "Your KEY?!?!?! Now it makes sense! Matthew said I had your TEETH!! And you needed them to get into the MK!!" :eek: :lmao:

Me: Matt!!! Why on EARTH would Grampa have Gramma's TEETH?? And why would she NEED them to get in to MK???

Matt: I thought that's what you said!! And even though Grampa was grumbling "I don't have her TEETH, why would I have her TEETH, he was still looking though his bag!!" :rolleyes1

We still laugh about it. If my mother can't find something, we'll be like "Maybe Grampa has it, you know, with where ever he put your teeth!" :thumbsup2

I Love this, made me laugh out loud :rotfl2:

PlutoGirl1117 said:

"Do you have my key??"

I just love this!!!

Thanks! Glad you found it funny! And picture this HUGE (both tall and wide) man sitting on his ECV--complete with basket! I just ordered the basket...didn't give him a choice! Knew that the rest of us would appreciate it! ;) And he is digging thru his bag and the basket....and not all his grumbling was family friendly! :lmao:

Of course, when some of us started going, it WAS about all that Disney World offered, so sometimes "old" habits are hard to break, lol.

Here here...

To me, it will always be EPCOT, not Epcot. And it will always be MGM, not Hollywood Studios.

So this one is from our last trip in December of 2010. We were walking around the World Showcase and we had just passed the International Gateway and were headed for France when these two older women pass us. Like in their 70s older. And they are both VERY excited as the following conversation takes place.

Lady 1: Look! It's Canada!
Lady 2: How lucky are we!

For some reason, we found this hysterical and for the rest of the trip would point at things going "Look, it's XXX!" and then "How lucky are we!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter