From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up one part of my secret mickey present already - picking up part two this weekend.

Hope whoever-you-are likes it!

I so can't wait to book my cabana massage - and the best part is they added more cabanas, so I shouldn't have a problem!

DH tells me every morning how many days we have left... my response is: I haven't packed yet.

AND since we will be moving next month -- I have to make sure to put all the cruise stuff it its own bag/box or I'm never going to find it. :wizard:
I know how you feel! We moved at the very end of December last year, and we left on 12/30 to go to WDW for New Years Eve and the cruise. December was so insane hectic between work, grad school/finals, Christmas festivities, packing for the move and packing for the cruise. Dont know how we did it but what a relief it was to finally get onboard!

Picked up one part of my secret mickey present already - picking up part two this weekend.

I so can't wait to book my cabana massage - and the best part is they added more cabanas, so I shouldn't have a problem!

DH tells me every morning how many days we have left... my response is: I haven't packed yet.

AND since we will be moving next month -- I have to make sure to put all the cruise stuff it its own bag/box or I'm never going to find it. :wizard:

We have 4 of the 5 SM gifts for us and all 5 for Tori's - we had so much fun looking for them over the last few weeks!

Congrats on the house!

Has anyone been able to book a cabana on CC? We looked the other day (we are Gold) and could not find them in the activity list.

Has anyone been able to book a cabana on CC? We looked the other day (we are Gold) and could not find them in the activity list.

As of now, DCL is only doing a soft opening. A few cruises have the option to book for concierge guests. Once DCL gets some feedback from these cruises, we will know more. I am sure they will be open for all to book by the time January comes around. Good luck!

I think your cruise things should be moved first....into one room....that way when you need a break from the general moving...you can go into your happy cruise soon room! ;) just an idea

You know I just don't get. Maybe because I don't have kids, maybe it is the fact that I have the mind set if I can do it my self, why have/pay to have someone do it for me, or maybe it is just because I am frugal. I just 't get these things. I looked at what I get for $499. Let me see, sunscreen. I have that already. Water. Hmmm cookies or cookies too is right there, so I don't need that. Someone to get my food, well again the above point stands, I can get my own. Shade to keep cool, well it is Jan. It just maybe really cool to begin with. So the way I look at it is, I shell out $499 to get stuff I should already have, water and food I can easily get if I walk a couple of hundred feet and shade I may not need, so the appeal is?

My guess is the appeal is the same for people who book a suite vs. a "normal" cabin. A special/treat or experience that you wouldn't normally get to do.

I agree that it is expensive, but I have rented cabanas for the day at other hotels and they have been wonderful experiences. I just thought having a cabana on CC for the day may make a wonderful memory.

Having been lucky enough to visit CC several times, I thought this might be something fun a different to do!

My guess is the appeal is the same for people who book a suite vs. a "normal" cabin. A special/treat or experience that you wouldn't normally get to do.

I agree that it is expensive, but I have rented cabanas for the day at other hotels and they have been wonderful experiences. I just thought having a cabana on CC for the day may make a wonderful memory.

Having been lucky enough to visit CC several times, I thought this might be something fun a different to do!

I hope you get your cabana! Sometimes a splurge is worth it! We are booked for the 2 night following this cruise and splurged on a suite for it...as you said..something different!

Maybe I overlooked this somewhere, but here is a tip calculator link.

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

Just change the nights and how many cruisers and TaDa!:)

Thanks!

You know I just don't get. Maybe because I don't have kids, maybe it is the fact that I have the mind set if I can do it my self, why have/pay to have someone do it for me, or maybe it is just because I am frugal. I just 't get these things. I looked at what I get for $499. Let me see, sunscreen. I have that already. Water. Hmmm cookies or cookies too is right there, so I don't need that. Someone to get my food, well again the above point stands, I can get my own. Shade to keep cool, well it is Jan. It just maybe really cool to begin with. So the way I look at it is, I shell out $499 to get stuff I should already have, water and food I can easily get if I walk a couple of hundred feet and shade I may not need, so the appeal is?

Different strokes for different folks. There's been plenty of talk as to why people want them, it's moot at this point.

I agree. We went to Typhoon Lagoon and rented a cabana and it was wonderful. It's not for everyone, but neither is a suite or a cat 11 room.

It must be because I am cheap. I book a cat 11 because I am in my room for 5 things, none of which require a window or a balcony. The only reason we are thinking about a balcony for this cruise is because it will not cost us anything more if the cruise goes to interline rates and we get paid tips, so in essence we will save $$$. To book a cabana I just can't wrap my mind around it. I got better things to with $499 than get sunscreen, water, and gave someone fetch good I can more than easily do myself. Like you say Jenn, different strokes.

It must be because I am cheap. I book a cat 11 because I am in my room for 5 things, none of which require a window or a balcony. The only reason we are thinking about a balcony for this cruise is because it will not cost us anything more if the cruise goes to interline rates and we get paid tips, so in essence we will save $$$. To book a cabana I just can't wrap my mind around it. I got better things to with $499 than get sunscreen, water, and gave someone fetch good I can more than easily do myself. Like you say Jenn, different strokes.
And I can't imagine a cat 11 for 15 days. We use our room for far more than 5 things. I work my tail off 60 hours a week plus school. On vacation I want to be spoiled. I work hard for it!

And I can't imagine a cat 11 for 15 days. We use our room for far more than 5 things. I work my tail off 60 hours a week plus school. On vacation I want to be spoiled. I work hard for it!

Like you say, different strokes. We too work our tails off. We concider the fact that we can even go on vacation as being spolied.

As of now, DCL is only doing a soft opening. A few cruises have the option to book for concierge guests. Once DCL gets some feedback from these cruises, we will know more. I am sure they will be open for all to book by the time January comes around. Good luck!

They cabanas are pretty far away from anything, I ran the cc 5k and went past them, I hope they provide some kind of transport for that money!

I had a cat 10 for 14 nights and it was fine, yeas a balcony would be great but I either cruise in an 11 twice or balacony once, no brainer for me, BUT, they are lovely and I can see the appeal.

There were only 500 kids on our cruise, thats inclued babies to 18 yo, hardly any kids, we specualted if the pc will be the same, we walked to the adult beach and it was HEAVING, no chairs or beds left it was horrible, so we thought, ok, we will get something to eat and walk back aswe were hungry, not a chance, a huge line for food, I just left and went to cookies, and stayed on family beach which was perfect.food was always just warmish which bugs me but it was beacause they couldnt feed the kids first then do the adults.
Happy days.

I meant to say, thanks everybody who welcomed me back:goodvibes
If you want to see some pics, there is a small selection on my face book.

Lynne, we were told under 300 children all in. Certainly far fewer than on our PC cruise, and that was a very low number too. It was amazing around the place. Dare I say wonderful. ;) The children that were there were fabulous too. They appered to be having a ball. Also only around 1800 passengers in all, though all staterooms were full bar one having work done.

I meant to say, thanks everybody who welcomed me back:goodvibes
If you want to see some pics, there is a small selection on my face book.

:welcome: back! Sorry, a bit slow on the uptake but sincere none the less. So glad you had a great time and smooth seas.

Well, Tuesday evening is upon us - beef lo mein in the pan, NCIS and DWTS are on my docket for this evening. Guess I could throw in a load of laundry too - or not. Thank heaven it is no longer Monday - poor Monday, it gets such a bad wrap :confused3

Enjoy your evening everyone.

Lynne, we were told under 300 children all in. Certainly far fewer than on our PC cruise, and that was a very low number too. It was amazing around the place. Dare I say wonderful. ;) The children that were there were fabulous too. They appered to be having a ball. Also only around 1800 passengers in all, though all staterooms were full bar one having work done.

Thats certailny seems about right, no kids to be seen anywhere, and I only met one brat out of all the kids:confused3, the rest were so so good,never met such a well behaved nice bunch of kids for a long time.
I did wonder how there were no upgrades available but not at full capacity, I have to say I can be a bit dim sometimes;)
Hope your feeling fine.

:welcome: back! Sorry, a bit slow on the uptake but sincere none the less. So glad you had a great time and smooth seas.

Well, Tuesday evening is upon us - beef lo mein in the pan, NCIS and DWTS are on my docket for this evening. Guess I could throw in a load of laundry too - or not. Thank heaven it is no longer Monday - poor Monday, it gets such a bad wrap :confused3

Enjoy your evening everyone.

I like mondays, well every second one anyway,lol, when I have a whole week off in front of me, I was thinking about you on sat, I passed the abc liq store, might take a trip along there myself pre cruise:goodvibes not that far from our hotel.

I think your cruise things should be moved first....into one room....that way when you need a break from the general moving...you can go into your happy cruise soon room! ;) just an idea

I like it!

And I think the Cabanas sound heavenly! Might not happen this time around - but hope one day! :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter